ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW to Tier 2 (General) NQF level 6 requirement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

a87m
- thin ice -

PSW to Tier 2 (General) NQF level 6 requirement

Post by a87m » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:24 pm

Hi I wanted to know is it only possible to get a tier 2(general) visa if the applicant have a job in NQF level 6?

I have a permanent job and can get a soc code as well but not sure if I will get a visa or not as from new rules applying from any other immigration catagorey into TIER 2 general requires the job level to be in NQF level 6. I am currently on PSW visa and my job catagorey falls in NQF 4.

If any one has information about this? Can I apply for tier 2 general visa??

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:29 am

A leave to enter / remain as a Tier 2 (General) can be granted only if the applicant meets all the requirements, one of which to be sponsored for a job at NQF 6 level.

This is not the "only" requirement that an applicant needs to fulfill, but one of them.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:42 pm

sushdmehta wrote:A leave to enter / remain as a Tier 2 (General) can be granted only if the applicant meets all the requirements, one of which to be sponsored for a job at NQF 6 level.

This is not the "only" requirement that an applicant needs to fulfill, but one of them.
I meet all the rest requirements and I am qualified at NQF level 7, we do get graduates from graduate scheme in the same job role. But I don't know the reason UKBA has not clearly mentioned this job role in the discription and it falls in NQF 4 or 3 level.

If these jobs are not NQF 6 level than its not possible for these companies to recruit graduates from all over country through mass job advertisement Under graduate scheme!

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:00 pm

a87m wrote: If these jobs are not NQF 6 level than its not possible for these companies to recruit graduates from all over country through mass job advertisement Under graduate scheme!
No, they can recruit graduates to a NQF 4 role, they just can't sponsor them under tier 2.

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:15 pm

Greenie wrote:
a87m wrote: If these jobs are not NQF 6 level than its not possible for these companies to recruit graduates from all over country through mass job advertisement Under graduate scheme!
No, they can recruit graduates to a NQF 4 role, they just can't sponsor them under tier 2.
Thanks for reply. All companies put a restriction of 2:1 degree in graduation for a graduate scheme in the same job role I am working in, so this job role automatically falls in NQF level 6. And Ukba states that the list is not updated on the top of SOC Template.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:30 pm

just because an employer wants a graduate for a role, does not make the role NQF 6.

a87m
- thin ice -

Post by a87m » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:45 pm

Greenie wrote:just because an employer wants a graduate for a role, does not make the role NQF 6.
Thanks for replying. So the list Ukba has published is being determined by them that what job falls in NQF 6 level? But I have seen that only IT and engineering jobs have been put in NQF 6 level. Many social sciences jobs have been ignored and not being mentioned in Rest of NQF 6 level list. UKBA it self says that list is not upto date.