ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Random question regarding bank statements and verification

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheshireindian
Newly Registered

Random question regarding bank statements and verification

Post by cheshireindian » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:22 am

I have recently applied for the ILR SET (O) as a Tier 1 General migrant - the fees have been taken and I have received the acknowledgement, so now I'm just waiting and by the sounds of things for another 4 months at the very least.

I had sent copies of my savings account statements as proof of maintenance funds, it doesn't explicitly state any amount, but I had far in excess of the £900 they require for Tier 1 (G) applications. Now comes my random question - my bonus interest on that savings account has run out so I want to transfer my money to somewhere more attractive.

Does anyone know in their verification checks, do the UKBA bother with how much money is in my account the day they are processing my application or on the day I applied. In other words will it matter if I moved most of my money to another account, as long as I leave at least £900 in there.

Thoughts / guidance will be much appreciated.

p2kin

Re: Random question regarding bank statements and verificati

Post by p2kin » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:19 am

cheshireindian wrote:I have recently applied for the ILR SET (O) as a Tier 1 General migrant - the fees have been taken and I have received the acknowledgement, so now I'm just waiting and by the sounds of things for another 4 months at the very least.

I had sent copies of my savings account statements as proof of maintenance funds, it doesn't explicitly state any amount, but I had far in excess of the £900 they require for Tier 1 (G) applications. Now comes my random question - my bonus interest on that savings account has run out so I want to transfer my money to somewhere more attractive.

Does anyone know in their verification checks, do the UKBA bother with how much money is in my account the day they are processing my application or on the day I applied. In other words will it matter if I moved most of my money to another account, as long as I leave at least £900 in there.

Thoughts / guidance will be much appreciated.
there is no requirement of maintenance fund for ILR - SETO applications..

cheshireindian
Newly Registered

Post by cheshireindian » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:24 am

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

See the last item on page 40. Granted its quite vague, but its there none the less.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:42 am

cheshireindian wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

See the last item on page 40. Granted its quite vague, but its there none the less.
"The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last 3 months."

The condition applies when somebody else is financially sponsoring the main applicant!

somemightsay

Post by somemightsay » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:38 pm

Hi, pied_piper. The way that I interpret that part is that you need to prove that you can support yourself, and if you have any dependents, then you need to prove that you can support them too. Moreover, if someone else is supporting you, then you need to show evidence of their finances.

a_hassan
Newly Registered

Post by a_hassan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:13 am

cheshireindian wrote:http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf

Hi Cheshireindian,

I was worry my self about this particular part of page40. (finance) until I had friend of mine succeeded to obtain ILR 2 weeks ago however her account always in debt (always rely on credit cards).
since day 20th of each month, her account was running out of money!

It seems that CW only cares about being financial active providing scored enough points on PBS.

Hope this helps

vik30

Post by vik30 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:15 am

@cheshireindian

there is abs no requirement to show any proof for maintenance funds.

For Tier -1 lot applying for ILR - No need to show any maintenance funds for yoruself or for family.