ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success at Glasgow PEO 30/10

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Fairychild

ILR success at Glasgow PEO 30/10

Post by Fairychild » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:03 pm

Hi

Thanks for the forum and all the invaluable information. Successful application made at Glasgow PEO yesterday for me and my husband.

I'm the main applicant with HSMP and Tier 1 General.
My husband is my Tier 1 Dependent for 2 and half years.

Tier 1 expires 26 November.

I'm employed last 3 years but had a limited company before that.

We arrived hour early and the security guard told us to go for a 'wee' coffee. Back 9.30 - half hour before appointment time as instructed.

We showed our passports. Security check similar to airport. They checked our bags. Took our mobile phones. Friendly staff.

Went to reception to check in and she told us she will bring over a number 5 minutes before our appointment.

She brought it just before 10 am.

Our number was called to desk 1 a few minutes later, shortly after 10 am. I handed over the application form and then our passports and supporting documents. She told us that she will check it and call us back.

Waited about 10 to 15 minutes and she called us back and said everything looks fine (handed back a few documents that she didn't need) and it will now be handed to the case worker at the back of the office and will probably take until 11.30 maybe a little later. We will be called to do our biometrics soon. Was handed our passports to take to biometrics.

10 to 15 minutes later called for biometrics. Very friendly guy. Took finger prints and digital photo and filled in a form. He took our passports to give to the case worker.

Back to seats to wait. 10 past eleven we were called to desk 5 to see the case worker (I think - she was dressed in a uniform). She handed us two documents and told us we should check our detail are correct and sign. At which point we assumed the application was successful! :-) She said biometric residence cards will be send in 7 to 10 days and handed back our passports and original documents. And a receipt for the payment, which I assume they made in the back of the office from the detail on the application form.

Quick and easy. Staff was reserved but friendly.

I added a cover letter summarising our situation, request for ILR and supporting documents.

And separated the documents into:

1. Life in the UK
2. Previous Earnings (payslips and bank statements)
3. Cohabitation documents (15 documents with 4 joint letters and the rest mostly in my husband's name)
4. Additional documents which included a letter from my employer and P60s and letter from accountant for 2007 and 2008.

From the cohabitation documents she handed back everything except our tenancy agreement that was in both our names before it went to the case worker.

And she only took the Employment letter (stating I work there and are needed for the foreseeable future) not the P60s and accountant letter.

I offered photocopies of everything but she said because they didn't take everything it would be easier for them to photocopy it themselves.

Hope that helps anyone who are feeling nervous because I was very stressed!

Good luck!

Myb

Post by Myb » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:38 pm

Congratulations to both of you and good luck with your future, could you please share with us the covering letter you gave them to summarise your situation
Thank you

Fairychild

Post by Fairychild » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 pm

<Your Address>
<Date>

UK Border Agency
SET(O) Indefinite Leave to Remain

Dear Sir / Madam

Subject: Application for Indefinite Leave to Remain

I,<main applicant name>, wish to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain for me and my husband, <dependent name>

On < qualifying date> I have spent a continuous residence period of 5 years in the UK under the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme and as Tier 1 General migrant.

<dependent name> was given permission to enter the UK as my husband (Tier 1 Dependant visa valid from < start date> to < end date>). We have been living together in the UK for more than 2 years and intend to live permanently with each other as husband and wife.

We both passed our Life in the UK tests on <pass date>.

I meet the relevant points pass mark with a total score of xx points for the following attributes:

a) Age: <insert age at first appliation> xx Points.
b) Qualification: <insert degree> xx points
c) Earnings: <insert earning> xx points
d) UK Experience – 5 points

Please find the following documents included as evidence in this application:

1. Life in the UK test pass notification letter for:

• <Main Applicant Name> - <pass date>
• <Dependent Name> - <pass date>

2. Previous Earnings from <start date> to <end date>

• My 12 months Payslips from <employer>
• My 12 Months <bank name> Personal Bank Statements

3. Documentary evidence of cohabitation for two years

4. 3 months bank statements showing my finances - see Previous Earnings

5. I also have some additional documents (e.g. P60s and a letter from my employer) if you require any further information.

---------------

Print and cut out to use as header strip (10-15 cm heigh) above each group of documents

PREVIOUS EARNINGS

COHABITATION

ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS

LIFE IN THE UK TEST

arifahmmed
Member of Standing

Post by arifahmmed » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:15 am

Congratulations Fairychild for ilr. Could you please share with us the employer letter you gave to CW deleting your informations.
Thanks

Myb

Post by Myb » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:23 am

Thank you for posting the letter, its very helpful and would make things easier for the CW to understand the whole case
Thanks again for your time and help

shanthrajrk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: ILR success at Glasgow PEO 30/10

Post by shanthrajrk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:39 am

congrats Fairychild! I had a question with respect to Glasgow PEO. The UKBA site says this
'Please note, PEO Glasgow can not currently take any applications which rely in full or in part on self employed earnings.'
I'm applying for extension under Tier-1 general category. I'm hoping to apply NOT as self-employed but my case is that of a contractor with Limited company who's also an employee. While this is debatable whether I'm self-employed or an employee but meanwhile I want to know whether Glasgow PEO accepts this kind of applications?
Fairychild wrote:Hi

Thanks for the forum and all the invaluable information. Successful application made at Glasgow PEO yesterday for me and my husband.

I'm the main applicant with HSMP and Tier 1 General.
My husband is my Tier 1 Dependent for 2 and half years.

Tier 1 expires 26 November.

I'm employed last 3 years but had a limited company before that.

We arrived hour early and the security guard told us to go for a 'wee' coffee. Back 9.30 - half hour before appointment time as instructed.

We showed our passports. Security check similar to airport. They checked our bags. Took our mobile phones. Friendly staff.

Went to reception to check in and she told us she will bring over a number 5 minutes before our appointment.

She brought it just before 10 am.

Our number was called to desk 1 a few minutes later, shortly after 10 am. I handed over the application form and then our passports and supporting documents. She told us that she will check it and call us back.

Waited about 10 to 15 minutes and she called us back and said everything looks fine (handed back a few documents that she didn't need) and it will now be handed to the case worker at the back of the office and will probably take until 11.30 maybe a little later. We will be called to do our biometrics soon. Was handed our passports to take to biometrics.

10 to 15 minutes later called for biometrics. Very friendly guy. Took finger prints and digital photo and filled in a form. He took our passports to give to the case worker.

Back to seats to wait. 10 past eleven we were called to desk 5 to see the case worker (I think - she was dressed in a uniform). She handed us two documents and told us we should check our detail are correct and sign. At which point we assumed the application was successful! :-) She said biometric residence cards will be send in 7 to 10 days and handed back our passports and original documents. And a receipt for the payment, which I assume they made in the back of the office from the detail on the application form.

Quick and easy. Staff was reserved but friendly.

I added a cover letter summarising our situation, request for ILR and supporting documents.

And separated the documents into:

1. Life in the UK
2. Previous Earnings (payslips and bank statements)
3. Cohabitation documents (15 documents with 4 joint letters and the rest mostly in my husband's name)
4. Additional documents which included a letter from my employer and P60s and letter from accountant for 2007 and 2008.

From the cohabitation documents she handed back everything except our tenancy agreement that was in both our names before it went to the case worker.

And she only took the Employment letter (stating I work there and are needed for the foreseeable future) not the P60s and accountant letter.

I offered photocopies of everything but she said because they didn't take everything it would be easier for them to photocopy it themselves.

Hope that helps anyone who are feeling nervous because I was very stressed!

Good luck!

dec03ec

Post by dec03ec » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 am

First of all congratulations on your ILR, thanks for posting your exp.

I have a question on 28day rule for the ILR. Could you please help me in confirming the below details?

1. Are you going to complete your 5years by 26th November?
2. also you mentioned that you applied on Oct 30th ie exactly 28days before the expiry, are there any questions with respect to 28days rule ?

I am also in the same situation, my tier1 expiry is on Jan 7th, i got a slot on Dec 10th. Your response is much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Fairychild

Post by Fairychild » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:05 am

shanthrajrk My understanding from reading on this forum about other people's experience is that Glasgow will look at any case as long as the previous earnings is based on salary payments only. They will ignore any dividend payments etc. If your salary is enough to meet the points based requirement that should be fine. My case was very straight forward though so I can't speak of personal experience in this regard.

Just to clarify I will qualify for ILR on 26 November. I entered UK with working holiday and switched over to HSMP in September 2007 but the start date of my HSMP visa was 26 November 2007. I therefore applied 27 days before I qualified and before my visa expired.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &ad=28&aw=

My employment letter was based on a template I found in this forum:

To UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain – SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR Date: XX JAN 2010

Dear Sir / Madam

This is to confirm that Mr. XXX (Your name) is currently employed by XXX (Your Company) in the UK as a full time and permanent employee. He has been employed since Date as a (your post). He is required by the company for a foreseeable future.

Yours faithfully

shanthrajrk
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by shanthrajrk » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:54 am

thanks..i guess ill continue trying appointments for other PEOs

Fairychild wrote:shanthrajrk My understanding from reading on this forum about other people's experience is that Glasgow will look at any case as long as the previous earnings is based on salary payments only. They will ignore any dividend payments etc. If your salary is enough to meet the points based requirement that should be fine. My case was very straight forward though so I can't speak of personal experience in this regard.

Just to clarify I will qualify for ILR on 26 November. I entered UK with working holiday and switched over to HSMP in September 2007 but the start date of my HSMP visa was 26 November 2007. I therefore applied 27 days before I qualified and before my visa expired.

http://www.timeanddate.com/date/dateadd ... &ad=28&aw=

My employment letter was based on a template I found in this forum:

To UK Border Agency
Leave to Remain – SET (O)
PO Box 495
Durham
DH99 1WR Date: XX JAN 2010

Dear Sir / Madam

This is to confirm that Mr. XXX (Your name) is currently employed by XXX (Your Company) in the UK as a full time and permanent employee. He has been employed since Date as a (your post). He is required by the company for a foreseeable future.

Yours faithfully

a_hassan
Newly Registered

Post by a_hassan » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 am

Fairychild,
Really appreciate sharing your experience and the covering letter, as well.

good luck