ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Biometrics issue at PEO

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

heymick
Newly Registered

Post by heymick » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Is anyone still waiting for contact regarding this?

I also was told at Croydon on the 25th that my application was fine and that I would be phoned when my passports were ready for collection from the PEO. I still haven't heard anything.

With regards to the other comments & theory about existing biometric applicants taking longer, there may be some substance to that. There seems to be in my case anyway.

The cw told us that my (main applicant) biometrics had come back ok. That was my first biometric enrolment. The delay was with my dependant wife's biometrics, who had already had hers taken in a previous application.

Does anyone know how I could get an update on this? The HO apparently don't tell you anything regarding an application's progress over the phone unless you've been waiting over 6 months.

emmaluck
Newly Registered

Post by emmaluck » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:35 pm

heymick wrote:Is anyone still waiting for contact regarding this?

I also was told at Croydon on the 25th that my application was fine and that I would be phoned when my passports were ready for collection from the PEO. I still haven't heard anything.

With regards to the other comments & theory about existing biometric applicants taking longer, there may be some substance to that. There seems to be in my case anyway.

The cw told us that my (main applicant) biometrics had come back ok. That was my first biometric enrolment. The delay was with my dependant wife's biometrics, who had already had hers taken in a previous application.

Does anyone know how I could get an update on this? The HO apparently

don't tell you anything regarding an application's progress over the phone
unless you've been waiting over 6 months.
Just back from Croydon with my approval letters and documents any person with biometric issues on 25 Oct might as well go and try. It worked for me BRP to follow.

heymick
Newly Registered

Post by heymick » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:46 pm

emmaluck wrote:

Just back from Croydon with my approval letters and documents any person with biometric issues on 25 Oct might as well go and try. It worked for me BRP to follow.
Thanks for the response emmaluck. Did you just turn up hoping it would be ready? Does it take long?

emmaluck
Newly Registered

Post by emmaluck » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm

heymick wrote:
emmaluck wrote:

Thanks for the response emmaluck. Did you just turn up hoping it would be ready? Does it take long?
Heymick based on what the caseworker said that everything was fine except the biometrics I had to go there. I spent just about 20 minutes there.

heymick
Newly Registered

Post by heymick » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:18 pm

emmaluck wrote:
heymick wrote:
emmaluck wrote:

Heymick based on what the caseworker said that everything was fine except the biometrics I had to go there. I spent just about 20 minutes there.
Did they telephone you or anything to tell you to come & collect your passports/documents? I'm worried mine won't be ready still.

Mano5
Newly Registered

Post by Mano5 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:48 pm

Hi All,

Today I got my passports and Biometric cards.
Wish good luck for all who are waiting for the cards. Hope everybody gets by this week.

heymick
Newly Registered

Post by heymick » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:56 pm

Mano5 wrote:Hi All,

Today I got my passports and Biometric cards.
Wish good luck for all who are waiting for the cards. Hope everybody gets by this week.
Hi Mano5 - Did you collect in person from Croydon PEO? Did they call you to tell you to come in & pick them up?

Mano5
Newly Registered

Post by Mano5 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:04 pm

I had the appointment on 25th oct at Liverpool. There also same issue was there as in Croydon. CW told that everything is ok but cant give any decision as the biometric system was down. He told that he will call me and send the passports in post. He called on monday and told that the application is approved. Today I received the passports and Biometric cards separately.

newbie_t

Post by newbie_t » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:34 pm

I received a call from Croydon PEO this morning and was told the good news!!. I went and collected my documents in person.

Biometric cards will be sent separately.

Good luck to everyone else who are waiting..

abhic
Newly Registered

Post by abhic » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 pm

heymick
Newly Registered

Post by heymick » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:39 pm

Hi all - My update:

BRP's arrived yesterday in the post.

Passports arrived today in the post. Even though I said I would go & collect. No telephone from the PEO as promised.

Happy!!!

Good luck to anyone still waiting :)