ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Benefit on ILR???

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ak36

Child Benefit on ILR???

Post by ak36 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 11:58 pm

I have got my ILR which says in the letter that I am now entitle to what I was not before. I have got two babies born in the UK. I have recently received a letter from HM Revenue & Customs which says that I need to fill in the accompanied Child Benefit Claim form and apply for my children benefit which will be monthly or weekly payment to my or my wife's bank account.

I am absolutely not clear whether to apply for the benefit or not as I will be applying for my British Citizenship in the next 6 months and I don't want to see any issues with that due to few quids.

I would appreciate your advise on this.

regards,
ak36

vij_sp_1980

Post by vij_sp_1980 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:52 am

ak36,

nothing to worry at all.I suggest to immediately apply for child benefit and there should be absolutely no issues at all.

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:33 pm

ILR holders have access to plublic funds and furthermore have no bearing on your BC application in the future.

ak36

Child Benefit on ILR???

Post by ak36 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:03 pm

Thanks very much for your replies vij_sp_1980 and AntCoe.

Cheers,

ak36