ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When renewing my ancestry visa do I need to do my biometrics

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chubby22
Newly Registered

When renewing my ancestry visa do I need to do my biometrics

Post by chubby22 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:27 pm

Hi am waiting for my ancestry visa renewal to come through. (I sent it in June)

Do I need to get my biometrics done before my extension is granted? I did not have to do them when i first applied (5 years ago)

Thanks,

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:33 pm

You must enrol your biometric information (fingerprints and facial image) and obtain a biometric residence permit as part of your application. For more information, see the Biometric information page

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... extending/

chubby22
Newly Registered

Post by chubby22 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Do you know whether I can request my passport back without cancelling the process?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:46 pm

Not if you then leave the UK, as you would have no permission to re-enter. There may be some scope to continue the process if you need your passport back for urgent official necessities while remaining inside the UK.

Why have you not received a biometric enrolment letter?

chubby22
Newly Registered

Post by chubby22 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:14 pm

I do not know why I have not received a biometric letter. I have had only one piece of correspondence since submitting my application and that was notification that my app had been received.

Is there any advantage in not asking to cancel the visa process if requesting the return of my documents?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:17 pm

chubby22 wrote:notification that my app had been received.
and nothing else in that document about biometrics?

You can ask them not to cancel the application but, even if they agree not to withdrew the application, you can't leave the UK, as that would cancel the application.

chubby22
Newly Registered

Post by chubby22 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:21 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
chubby22 wrote:notification that my app had been received.
and nothing else in that document about biometrics?

You can ask them not to cancel the application but, even if they agree not to withdrew the application, you can't leave the UK, as that would cancel the application.
No there is no reference to biometrics at all within the letter I received.
Thank you for the application by the above-named on Form FLR(O). It will now be passed to a
casework unit.
If there is any problem with your application, such as missing documentation, a caseworker will
write to you as soon as possible to advise what action you need to take to rectify the problem. If
there is an issue with the fee you have paid then your application will be deemed to be invalid
and returned to you as soon as possible by post. You will be advised on what action you need
to take to make a valid application.
Our advice to all applicants is not to make any non-urgent travel plans until we have decided the
application and returned the passports or travel documents.
We would appreciate it if you did not enquire about the progress of the application before you
hear from us. It is not possible to make enquiries in person about the progress of an
application at any of our Public Enquiry Offices.
If you need documents urgently, please telephone the number on this letter.
UK Border Agency

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:31 pm

Acknowledgement of receipt of application is different from letter requesting you to enrol biometric information. You will receive when your application reaches that stage, so wait patiently.

Why do you wish to request your passport to be returned?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

chubby22
Newly Registered

Post by chubby22 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:57 pm

because i need to travel for work.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:13 pm

In such case, if you request your passport to be returned your application will be deemed as withdrawn.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!