ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

samestory

Post by samestory » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:03 pm

backagain wrote:
hetcollie wrote:Thanks for sharing the select committee documents. I have had a quick look through them - but it seems to me that the inquiry is about Asylum cases and the 'immigration refusal pool' (i.e. those who have been refused their visa but illegally staying in the country). It looks to me like the agency bought in is to clear these cases, not to clear the backlog in visa processing - but do let me know if I'm reading this incorrectly.
Sorry hetcollie, I may have given you the wrong link. Here is the report I meant to reference and the applicable excerpt:
http://www.publications.parliament.uk/p ... c60301.htm

Q92 Dr Huppert: I think six months is very poor service indeed for something that can be done in 24 hours. I have, for example, constituents who came to see me recently who applied for a spousal visa, having previously got a fiancé visa. They applied in March. They were told not to contact UKBA for six months. They waited patiently for the six months. UKBA then got in touch and said, "Yes, sorry, there is a delay. We will try to let you know at some point," which seems somewhat unreasonable, particularly given they had presumably already been through the checks. I have had other stories when I have taken up cases that suggest that what is happening is that the envelopes with the applications in are not even being opened for the first month or two months. Nobody is even having a look or starting to look at the biometric processes. Why is it sitting there? I was told there was a private contractor who was just massively behind. Why is it taking months and months to even start the process?
backagain wrote:
hetcollie wrote:Thanks for sharing the select committee documents. I have had a quick look through them - but it seems to me that the inquiry is about Asylum cases and the 'immigration refusal pool' (i.e. those who have been refused their visa but illegally staying in the country). It looks to me like the agency bought in is to clear these cases, not to clear the backlog in visa processing - but do let me know if I'm reading this incorrectly.
Hi everyone,

Samestory here. I posted the questions below yesterday but was directed to post under this topic.

"I'm very new here but have been reading posts on here for quite a while. I would like to know if there's a set time between when an FLR(m) application is made and when the biometrics letter is sent. I have received only an acknowledgement letter and no biometrics letter and it's been 12 weeks since I sent in my application. What do I do? This obviously means my application hasn't been passed on to any case worker. Does anyone who made an application after 9th July 2012 have a similar problem? Any useful comments is appreciated."

Reading the link above explains the delay in getting the biometrics invitation letter. I would still appreciate suggestions on what I should do. Thanks.

stickman
Newly Registered

Post by stickman » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Acknowledgement letter received 8th March
Biometrics sent off on the 17th April
Nothing received since

It's discusting that people who applied after have received their documents. We have a very straight forward case.

Something is very very wrong and unfair with this system.

Meche83
Newly Registered

Assistance

Post by Meche83 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:58 pm

Please has anybody experience this from ukba, my Wife filled manually return of document to ukba, first she was told that the file can not be open, she rescan it and now it is a different story.

Below are ukba respond

Thank you for your request for Return of Documents.
Unfortunately, we are unable to complete your request at this moment, for the reason stated below.
You have not submitted the online return of documents form with your email. The form should be completed on-line and not manually.

please do anybody know how to complete the form on-line? any assistance will be highly appreciated.

tired_of_waiting
Newly Registered

Feburary Applicant

Post by tired_of_waiting » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:14 pm

Hi.. Im a Feburary applicant as well.. Applied on 16 feb... Im wondering wat sort ov additional documents or evidence UKBA has asked.. Especially from Feburary applicants... Your reply will be highly appreciated..

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Re: Assistance

Post by TnT-FreaK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:26 pm

Meche83 wrote:Please has anybody experience this from ukba, my Wife filled manually return of document to ukba, first she was told that the file can not be open, she rescan it and now it is a different story.

Below are ukba respond

Thank you for your request for Return of Documents.
Unfortunately, we are unable to complete your request at this moment, for the reason stated below.
You have not submitted the online return of documents form with your email. The form should be completed on-line and not manually.

please do anybody know how to complete the form on-line? any assistance will be highly appreciated.
Meche83, What do you mean filled it manually? Was it hand-written and then scanned and sent?

I guess, the team wants the document to be attached via email as word document and therefore should not require any scanning of the document.

Hope that helps.

Meche83
Newly Registered

Re: Feburary Applicant

Post by Meche83 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:27 pm

this is what I found on ukba web about return of document

If you have applied under any other route and would either like to request that your documents are returned or would like to withdraw your application, you should complete the Return of document request form. You are advised to send a Word document of the application as we do not accept scanned copies.

what do their mean that scanned copies will not be accepted ?[/b]

tired_of_waiting
Newly Registered

Re: FLR M Waiting time

Post by tired_of_waiting » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Anotheranxiousapplicant wrote:
2222 wrote:Updates:

FLR M applied on: 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on: 16th March 2012
Biometric completed on: 28th March 2012
Requested my partner’s passport: 10/10/2012
Partner’s passport received: 17/10/2012
More documents requested by UKBA: 22/10/2012
The requested documents sent to UKBA: 26/10/2012
Document return: still waiting!
Biometric card: still waiting!

Any February applicants are still waiting?

2222 Not February applicant per se but we have similar issue. More documents was requested from myself as well on the 19/10 and I posted this on 27/10 for arrival on 29/10.

Fingers cross we hear good news soon...

Hi.. Im a Feburary applicant as well.. Applied on 16 feb... Im wondering wat sort ov additional/supporting documents or evidence UKBA requests?? Especially from Feburary applicants... Your reply will be highly appreciated.

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Re: Feburary Applicant

Post by TnT-FreaK » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:45 pm

Meche83 wrote:this is what I found on ukba web about return of document

If you have applied under any other route and would either like to request that your documents are returned or would like to withdraw your application, you should complete the Return of document request form. You are advised to send a Word document of the application as we do not accept scanned copies.

what do their mean that scanned copies will not be accepted ?[/b]
Meche83, you will need to complete the Word document on the computer and then send it via email as an attachment. Therfore you would not need to scan the completed document.

Post by 2222 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 pm

tired_of_waiting wrote:
Anotheranxiousapplicant wrote:
2222 wrote:Updates:

Any February applicants are still waiting?

2222 Not February applicant per se but we have similar issue. More documents was requested from myself as well on the 19/10 and I posted this on 27/10 for arrival on 29/10.

Fingers cross we hear good news soon...

Hi.. Im a Feburary applicant as well.. Applied on 16 feb... Im wondering wat sort ov additional/supporting documents or evidence UKBA requests?? Especially from Feburary applicants... Your reply will be highly appreciated.
Hi tired_of_waiting and Anotheranxiousapplicant,

Caseworker asked for the last 3 months pay slips and the last 3 months bank statements. I sent them away to the caseworker on Friday 26th and I am still waiting. Hope this helps.

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Post by TnT-FreaK » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:43 am

samestory wrote: "I'm very new here but have been reading posts on here for quite a while. I would like to know if there's a set time between when an FLR(m) application is made and when the biometrics letter is sent. I have received only an acknowledgement letter and no biometrics letter and it's been 12 weeks since I sent in my application. What do I do? This obviously means my application hasn't been passed on to any case worker. Does anyone who made an application after 9th July 2012 have a similar problem? Any useful comments is appreciated."

Reading the link above explains the delay in getting the biometrics invitation letter. I would still appreciate suggestions on what I should do. Thanks.
Samestory, I would recommend calling UKBA and requesting your spouse's passport back, that way your application will get onto their system.

Our letter arrived after 61 days, so your turn around time does seem to be longer...

walestricky1
Newly Registered

Another February 2012 applicant...

Post by walestricky1 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:45 pm

For all those still waiting for a decision on FLR(M) applications submitted in February 2012, you are not alone. We received our acknowledgement letter dated 22nd February 2012 and submitted biometrics early March.

We have been in contact with our local MP who is chasing up this issue for us, and so far the UKBA have said they cannot give them an update.

As many others we have some compassionate reasons for wanting our documents back (we had a baby in June and we'd like to visit family) that don't quite meet the threshold for speeding up the process. The frustrating thing is that my wife is on a Tier 2 Visa and has lived in the UK for 8 years (the only reason she doesn't qualify for a settlement Visa is because she went travelling for over 6 months a few years back).

I've been keeping an eye on this thread for a while, hopefully there will be some resolution to this delay!

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:45 pm

daiyan.suraya wrote:is it true that the ukba people got some extra staff to slove our cases..? :) I applied in april bio..on 11th may still waiting.. :(
hey daiyan I applied on the 16th so few days after you! lets see when will UKBA tackle April's application. Hopefully before X-mas breaks!

My friend, who applied for the FLR(M) last year and got his visa after chrismas in Jan, told me towards the end of year UKBA start processing ALOT of applications and stop during dec as they dont process many application during December hope he is wrong cos it seems like April's application will most likely be processed during December :(

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:05 pm

2222 wrote:Caseworker asked for the last 3 months pay slips and the last 3 months bank statements.
hi 2222, did you not send in 3 months pay slips and bank statements with your application? or this is in addition to what you have sent before?

Thanks

Post by 2222 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:14 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:
2222 wrote:Caseworker asked for the last 3 months pay slips and the last 3 months bank statements.
hi 2222, did you not send in 3 months pay slips and bank statements with your application? or this is in addition to what you have sent before?

Thanks

I did send the last 4 months pay slips and the last 4 months bank statements when I applied on 27th Feb 2012, but the caseworker asked for the recent ones which is July, August & September 2012.

Fingers crossed we all hear something soon.

Roadmaster
Newly Registered

My Update

Post by Roadmaster » Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:32 pm

I thought I will update here on my progress. I guess it’s slightly less relevant for this specific forum but thought I will share my views.
After my spousal visa application was turned down as invalid after 3 months , my only option was to fall back on my previous visa category [Tier 2]. I had to stop work as soon as I got the invalid application back, very difficult as the main bread winner, as my Tier 2 visa had expired by the time I got the invalid application back. I was fortunate enough that it was still less than 28 days after my previous visa expired which enabled me to re-file from within the country legally. If it was 28 days or more I believe I would have had to leave the country. New rules apply from 1 October 2012.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... r-1oct2012

My employer assisted in securing an extention of my Tier 2 visa for me and all of this was resolved in 3 weeks. The only reason why I mention this is because it gave me insight into how easy it is for the UKBA to make these decisions actually! Applications from genuine people that want to try and make an honest living with their families should take no more than a couple of weeks. I have experienced this first hand through the renewal of my Tier 2 visa which was done at a PEO in person.
Although my journey is complete now it was not the route my partner and I wanted to take, but after legal advice this was indicated as the best route / quickest to ILR.

I wish you all the very best and be sure that there is an end to everybody’s application. It is so difficult when you are going through the wait which often goes hand in hand with financial stress and the testing of your entire wellbeing on so many levels. Our journey is over for now – hope yours is soon too.

My final timeline:
FLR(M) applied online: 3 July 2012
Payment out of the bank: 3 Jul 2012
Acknowledgement letter dated: 13 July 2012
Biometric letter received: 14 September 2012
Biometrics letter dated: 12 September 2012
Biometric submitted: 14 September 2012
4 October 2012 – Decision made application labelled as invalid after 3 months of waiting even though the application was filed online.
5th October 2012 – Missed post office delivery.
8th October 2012 – Pick up parcel from Post Office with all documents returned .
12th October – Apply for Tier 2 Visa
26th October – Tier 2 Visa Issued and Biometric card received.

atim
Newly Registered

Long time

Post by atim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:00 am

FLR(M) applied in 10/11/2011
Biometrics: 05/12/2011
They asked for some more information about marriage date in 02/02/2012.
The Rest still WAITING.........................................No response yet.

I made a few calls to them. They dont tell anything. Fingers crossed!!!!

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Re: Long time

Post by TnT-FreaK » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:05 am

atim wrote:FLR(M) applied in 10/11/2011

Ouch, a year in waiting... That surely is something your MP should try and address as a matter of urgency. All the best, hopefully your wait is over soon.

On a separate note. Last week we saw a lot of posts with people getting their visas. Anybody with any visa news to share?

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:39 pm

[quote="atim"]FLR(M) applied in 10/11/2011

I made a few calls to them. They dont tell anything. Fingers crossed!!!![/quote]

what was your circumstanses when did you apply for the flr m ? whre you illegal in this country ?

rockstar1
Newly Registered

Post by rockstar1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:45 pm

OMG! your patience is appreciated.

Skonky

Noooooo

Post by Skonky » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:06 pm

Looks like the visa distribution has stopped again..

They must work one week on three weeks off

AArrgGhHh!

rockstar1
Newly Registered

Re: Noooooo

Post by rockstar1 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:09 pm

Skonky wrote:Looks like the visa distribution has stopped again..

They must work one week on three weeks off

AArrgGhHh!
you are hundred percent right.

atim
Newly Registered

Post by atim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:39 pm

justice12 wrote:

what was your circumstanses when did you apply for the flr m ? whre you illegal in this country ?

i was on psw and i applied before visa expiry. i dont know why they are taking tooo long. i am going to see my MP next week. lets see!

atim
Newly Registered

Post by atim » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:42 pm

TnT-FreaK wrote:

Ouch, a year in waiting... That surely is something your MP should try and address as a matter of urgency. All the best, hopefully your wait is over soon.

On a separate note. Last week we saw a lot of posts with people getting their visas. Anybody with any visa news to share?
can you pls tell me how should i contact my MP and what documents should i take with me to MP. should i just take acknowledgment letter?

TnT-FreaK
Newly Registered

Post by TnT-FreaK » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:59 pm

atim wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:

can you pls tell me how should i contact my MP and what documents should i take with me to MP. should i just take acknowledgment letter?
I personally haven't contacted my MP as its been 4 months only for my application, less than their 6 months service standard. But I imagine the process is relatively simple. Most MPs prefer an email or contact them through their website. You can find who your MP is by visiting the following website:

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

In terms of the information they would require it would include:

- Your Home Office Reference Number.
- Your full name and any other names you have used in your correspondence with the Home Office.
- Your full residential address. Your MP needs this for two reasons - to make sure that he/she is your MP and for the UKBA to reference your case.
- The names and addresses of any relevant sponsor or spouse, if applicable.
- A brief summary of your immigration situation, including when you applied to the UKBA and whether or not they have responded to you. It is also useful to include relevant documents for MP to see.

justice12
Algeria

Post by justice12 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:44 pm

I believe that your application is not normal application , I have never heard in any immigration board that the UKBA delayed FLR M application when the applicant has a student visa by one year , must be something wrong in your application ,other ways how come you are passion for one year !!!!