ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 PBS Dependent (currently outside UK) Extension Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

trek

Tier 1 PBS Dependent (currently outside UK) Extension Query

Post by trek » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:17 am

Hi,

I have a tier 1 visa valid till 05.01.2012, I am going for in person PEO for extension in 2nd week of November 2012.

My wife and son (4 yrs old) who are in outside UK (due to family reasons) are also in dependent visa which is valid till 05.01.2013.

My Question is in reference to Changes to the family migration Immigration Rules come into effect on 9 July 2012.

1. Can my wife and son apply tier 1 PBS dependent Extension from Outside UK based on my new extension in Nov/Dec (i.e before their current leave expire) ?
2. If yes , will then come under the rules applying from 9 July 2012 if they make a VAF10 application (outside UK PBS dependent).

In case response to pt. 1 is No.
3. Are they eligible to enter UK (based on their existing visa) after I extend (in Nov 2012) and apply for dependent extension from UK.

4. Or should they come to UK and apply with me together for extension.

Please let me know what are my (or their) options in perspective to avoid them getting under the family migration Immigration Rules effect on 9 July 2012.

Thanks & Regards,
Trek

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:34 am

1. An 'extension' can only be applied for from inside the UK. If they apply from outside they need to apply for fresh entry clearance.
2. New rules if they apply from outside.
3. Yes
4. Would be simpler but your choice however they wouldn't be able to attend the appt you have booked as this is presumably a single person appt.

trek

Post by trek » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:57 am

Greenie wrote:1. An 'extension' can only be applied for from inside the UK. If they apply from outside they need to apply for fresh entry clearance.
2. New rules if they apply from outside.
3. Yes
4. Would be simpler but your choice however they wouldn't be able to attend the appt you have booked as this is presumably a single person appt.
In continuation to your responces:

My tier 1 extension PEO appointment is due for 2nd week Nov.
My existing tier 1 is valid till 5th Jan, this validity also applies to my Dependents.

Presently my 2 dependents (spouse and 4 yr old son) are not in UK (for some time) due to some personal family issues back in home country.

Following are my questions:

After I have applied for my extension in Nov 2012:
1. Can they travel to UK with their existing Tier 1 dependent Visa's (valid till 5th Jan 2013) which is based on my previous tier 1 .
2. Can they apply in person/post once they arrive in uk?
3. If so , and if applying by post can both send their extension application with 1 set of documents by post together.
4. If applying by PEO appt., I find only 1 applicant per login, how can I have 2 dependents going in together on same day.

Thanks in Advance.

Trek

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:02 am

When do they intend to travel - before or after 05-Jan?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

trek

Post by trek » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:07 am

sushdmehta wrote:When do they intend to travel - before or after 05-Jan?
Apologies for posting my query earlier on a new thread.

They are planning to come back Dec 1st or 2nd week.

Regards,
Trek.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:20 am

1. Read Greenie's response number 3 above.
2. Yes.
3. I believe that is possible.
4. I stand to be corrected but I think, for two dependants to apply together at a PEO, you will need to book an appointment for 1 main applicant (wife) + 1 dependant (child). Don't take my word for it, check with UKBA or wait for someone to correct me / confirm.
Last edited by geriatrix on Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

trek

Post by trek » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:28 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. Read Greenie's response number 3 above.
2. Yes.
3. I believe that is possible.
4. I stand to be corrected but I think, for two dependants to apply together at a PEO, you will need to book an appointment for 1 main applicant (wife) + 1 dependant (child). Don't take my word for it, check with UKBA or wait for someone to correct me / confirm.
Thanks for your responses.
When I checked on UKBA PEO appointment, for Tier1 PBS Dependent, there is no option for adding another dependent while applying.
It looks both need to be separately done as individuals.
I'll try to check with UKBA.

Lastly, By post does their application also need to be accompanied by all of my passports and biometric card, or photocopies will do?

Regards,
Trek.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Self- attested copies should be sufficient, but will someone else who has gone through the process himself confirm / correct me.