ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How close to expiration would you schedule PES appointment?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pred02

How close to expiration would you schedule PES appointment?

Post by pred02 » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi,

My Tier 1 expires Jan 15 2013 and I am looking on advice on how close to expiration should I book my holiday. The 1st date within 28 days of expiration is Dec 17th - however I was planning on going to visit my family for Christmas and I know that I shouldn't book tickets before I get my documents back (which my understanding can be held up 7-10 days under normal circumstances).

1. Is it too risky if I try to book a PES appointment between Jan 4 - 15th?
2. Does UKBA immigration care or ask if I enter back the UK with < 2 weeks on my Tier 1?
3. If I cannot get a PES appointment using the midnight approach, I presume there are solicitors that can get a date between 4-15th Jan to ensure I have a visit and risk is minimized?
4. Any additional risks?

My case is fairly standard (points, 1 job, no dependants, etc) so I do not anticipate any complications.

Many thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:54 pm

1. Apply anytime within the 28 days preceding the expiry date of your current leave and you'll be fine.
2. You cannot be refused entry for the reason that you only have a couple of days / weeks of valid leave remaining.

For queries regarding inability / ability to book PEO appointment, post in the General UK Immigration forum.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

awnishupadhyay
Newly Registered

Post by awnishupadhyay » Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:33 am

sushdmehta wrote:1. Apply anytime within the 28 days preceding the expiry date of your current leave and you'll be fine.
2. You cannot be refused entry for the reason that you only have a couple of days / weeks of valid leave remaining.

For queries regarding inability / ability to book PEO appointment, post in the General UK Immigration forum.
Hi Sushdmehta,

But on thier website it says

"This page explains when you should apply for permission to remain in the UK under Tier 1 (General).

We encourage you to make your application at least 1 month before your current permission to stay expires. However, if you apply significantly more than 1 month before your permission to stay expires, and you want to apply for settlement later, you may not have accumulated enough total permission to stay. "

Madhur
Newly Registered

Important note about date of PEO application

Post by Madhur » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi,

I dont think you are at any risk if you apply 2 weeks before your current visa expires. What you have quoted from UKBA site is a recommendation, not a rule.

I recently got my Tier 1 visa extended at the Liverpool PEO office. My appointment was on 31 Oct and my current visa expires 31 Dec. I asked the CW if my extended visa would start from the expiry of the current visa and I was told the following -
"As per the latest rules, if the extension application is made within 28 days of visa expiry, the extension would start from expiry of current visa. If the extension application is made more than 28 days before expiry date of current visa, the extension would start from the current date (date of extension application)"

Please keep this in mind when you book your appointments in case you plan to get an ILR in future. This might actually favor your case.

~Madhur.

madhumesh
India

Post by madhumesh » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Please see replies in your other post

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... highlight=