ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Technical Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

shaggy
Newly Registered

Technical Query

Post by shaggy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi mates,

I have an EC stamped for 2 years (stamp date 11 dec 07) and will be flying to UK in feb. but due to my commitments i have to visit my ountry for a week or so in march end. will it affect my extension later on?

and once and for all final clarification please.. is the validity of EC calculated from the date of its stamping OR is it calculated from the date of first arrival into UK? because going through the questions in this forum there seem to be some people saying its from the date of stamping and some said its the calculated the day you ENTER in UK.

Many thanks in advance...and wishing all loads of luck !!!

cheers.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:14 pm

hi shaggy,

one week vacation will not effect your extension application
HO caluclates on date of stamping
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

shaggy
Newly Registered

Post by shaggy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:16 pm

Thanks itsme....i was a bit confused about that because of this reply earlier " Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:59 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

olumighty wrote:
The two years should start counting from the date the EC was issued (approved)

Right, in terms of duration of the EC validity but the countdown for ILR starts day you enter the UK.

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu Jan 25, 2007 11:26 pm

Shaggy,

EC and count for ILR (Indefinite Leave to Remain) are two separate things.

EC is valid from the date of issue upto the date of expiry as mentioned on the visa.

Count for ILR starts the day you enter UK. You can apply for ILR only after 5 years.

regards