ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobless for the first 6 months

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kkrisjoy
Newly Registered

Jobless for the first 6 months

Post by kkrisjoy » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:45 am

Hi members,

Could being jobless for the first 6 months possibly affect the ILR application?

Here are my timelines:

Got HSMP Jan 2008
Arrived in UK - Feb 2008

Got a perm job / applied NI (both) - Aug 2008

worse, I lost my Indian passport in Sep 2009 but applied and received one from consulate just in time to extend my HSMP to Tier 1 valid till Jan 7 2013.

got married - wife arrived as Tier 1 dependent - Mar 2011.

Since my arrival is not delayed by more than 3 months, I am assuming I can apply for ILR within 28 days on Jan 7 2013 along with FLR(M) for my wife.

But I am a little worried about the initial 6 months without any economic activities.
I have still got the P60 for 2008/09 which shows earnings > £18000.
But I dont have the P60 for the year 2010, so I have to call hmr to get it for the year. I am still with the same company.

Could some one throw some light if the initial 6 months could possibly cause any issues? Should I mention anything about what I did during those days in the cover letter?

Thanks,
krishna

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Jobless for the first 6 months

Post by geriatrix » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:26 am

kkrisjoy wrote:Could being jobless for the first 6 months possibly affect the ILR application?
No.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!