ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for my mother

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Maneks
Newly Registered

Visitor visa for my mother

Post by Maneks » Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:36 am

Hi there
I want my mum to come and assist me during my delivery in January for about 2 months (preferably from first week in January to end of February). She is an Indian citizen and plans to apply from Kolkata, India.

I will be most grateful if you could help me with:
- which form should she be using?
- what are the documents I need to be sending her?
- how long does it generally take for such visas to arrive?
- if I need to submit bank statements, what should be the min balance I should be able to show to be able to support her during her visit?
- should I provide documents that establish that I am pregnant and that she is coming to support me during the delivery?

I am on a Tier 1 (general) visa myself and have lived in the country for 6 years now.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a ton in advance!

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:07 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:19 pm

Hi,
Even we are in same situation.
We are planning to provide following documents.

From my side
1) Copy of property document - Accomodation proof
2) My wife's MAT B1 (copy)
3) Invitation letter
4) Copy of my Tier1 Visa and passport
5) Copy of 6 months payslips

From my mother in law side (self sponsoring)
1) Bank statement for 6 months with min. balance of INR 5L
2) Property document
3) Passport

All the documents from my side would be the copy not original.
Can anyone let us know, if the copies are fine also any more documents required to support?

Thanks in advance

Sheffield_Marketeer
Member of Standing

Post by Sheffield_Marketeer » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Hi all, I am in a similar situation and was reading up on this. I read a case somewhere and it figures that its better to not mention about any parent coming down to assist with the delivery/childcare as it may be construed as an employment arrangement.

So, its the way you phrase the invitation/sponsorship letter. Just wanted to give a heads up. Don't want to create any unnecessary fear or anything, the seniors can advise if this is inconsequential.

jagankumar
India

Post by jagankumar » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:28 pm

Again, its mixed outputs ... As I had discussion with my company's solicitor, I was asked to be mention the genuine reason for inviting.

Can some seniors shed a light, also regarding the documents from my side, will that be ok to produce the copies rather than original documents

rizzu155

Post by rizzu155 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Hello

I am in a similar situation but my visa expires in Jan 2013 and I wanted to invite my in law to visit UK in Feb 2013..

I will extend my visa for another one year and will start paperwork in Dec,

Is there any possibilities to invite and apply for visitor visa requesting validity from 1st Feb to 30th March ?

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:07 am

Sheffield_Marketeer wrote:Hi all, I am in a similar situation and was reading up on this. I read a case somewhere and it figures that its better to not mention about any parent coming down to assist with the delivery/childcare as it may be construed as an employment arrangement.

So, its the way you phrase the invitation/sponsorship letter. Just wanted to give a heads up. Don't want to create any unnecessary fear or anything, the seniors can advise if this is inconsequential.
I had my both parents come here for both my children's birth. We supplied a cover letter stating the reason of visit was 'to be with us during the birth of our child'. So I think you can play with words so that you do not imply your mother is going to be here long term to be your carer.

Just my experience. Good luck.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.