ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR 50K URGENT PLEASE!!!!

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

KlareSim
Newly Registered

TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR 50K URGENT PLEASE!!!!

Post by KlareSim » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:13 pm

wondering if you guys can help me.
I am thinking about T1E and I have over 50,000 pounds in my UK account.
but I DON'T have PSW visa.
I read about guidance a few times but don’t understand really.
Does it mean I should put money into some venture capitalist funding(or should I invest privately?), UK Entrepreneurial seed funding or UK Government Department?
Or is it ok that I just submit a bank statement showing that I hold 50,000 pounds (plus maintenance) in my UK account?
It will be much appreciated if you can help me.
Thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Re: TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR 50K URGENT PLEASE!!!!

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:14 pm

KlareSim wrote:I am thinking about T1E and I have over 50,000 pounds in my UK account.
but I DON'T have PSW visa.
So you can't apply on that basis. You will need 200K

The 50K venture capital/UK govt. funding is given in exceptional circumstances to exceptional people with innovative ideas, or business plans that are considered to be of high merit. Do you think you might be in the running for such funding?

makingastart
Newly Registered

Re: TIER 1 ENTREPRENEUR 50K URGENT PLEASE!!!!

Post by makingastart » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:41 pm

Lucapooka wrote:
KlareSim wrote: The 50K venture capital/UK govt. funding is given in exceptional circumstances to exceptional people with innovative ideas, or business plans that are considered to be of high merit.
I wonder if anyone actually got that on this board

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:58 pm

Well perhaps my use of exceptional is misleading. It's an investment by professional investors who look for opportunities that have a high potential of success. They are not doing this for love; they are in this to make money, and take great steps to ensure their investment is as secure as possible. As such, it's beyond the reach of most people who wish to loan money to begin their small business; the risks with that are generally too great.

KlareSim
Newly Registered

Post by KlareSim » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:59 pm

The 50K venture capital/UK govt. funding is given in exceptional circumstances to exceptional people with innovative ideas, or business plans that are considered to be of high merit. Do you think you might be in the running for such funding?
according to the guidance, its not that I should prove my innovative business plan and convince some professional investor to give me 50k to start my business.
It says I need to hold 50k in one of the venture capitalist firms, then I submit the documentary evidence confirming that.

You are making me confused.

nickb
India

Post by nickb » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:37 pm

KlareSim wrote:
according to the guidance, its not that I should prove my innovative business plan and convince some professional investor to give me 50k to start my business.
It says I need to hold 50k in one of the venture capitalist firms, then I submit the documentary evidence confirming that.

You are making me confused.
He is not confusing you. You don't need to show any innovative business idea to UKBA but need to do that to the VC firms in order to get funding. They won't simply give you money because this is not like loan. Recommend that you read up on how VC works.

KlareSim
Newly Registered

Post by KlareSim » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:49 pm

He is not confusing you. You don't need to show any innovative business idea to UKBA but need to do that to the VC firms in order to get funding. They won't simply give you money because this is not like loan. Recommend that you read up on how VC works
As I understood, I need to put my money to VC firms, not they give me money. and I get a document from accountant of the the firm showing that I have money in an account at the VC firm in order to apply for T1E(50k).

Is it not how it works?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:15 pm

Absolutely not! For the 50K capital threshold (other than for a PSW migrant) the money has to be held by the VC group, rather than the applicant. The VC entity thinks your idea is so good that they are willing to invest in that project. Clearly you have not read the guidance and I suggest you do this.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:24 pm

KlareSim wrote:
He is not confusing you. You don't need to show any innovative business idea to UKBA but need to do that to the VC firms in order to get funding. They won't simply give you money because this is not like loan. Recommend that you read up on how VC works
As I understood, I need to put my money to VC firms, not they give me money. and I get a document from accountant of the the firm showing that I have money in an account at the VC firm in order to apply for T1E(50k).

Is it not how it works?
No it isn't how things work.

http://www.bvca.co.uk/assets/features/show/FAQs

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... dance1.pdf