ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 change of employer timelines

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

maverick.topgun1984
Newly Registered

Tier 2 change of employer timelines

Post by maverick.topgun1984 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:24 pm

Hi there,

I am offered a new job and the employer is willing to sponsor my Tier 2 visa. I am presently on a Tier 2 general visa and wanted to know how much time does it generally take from the date of submission. Also, can I continue working at my old employer till the time I get my new visa.

Thanks and Regards

Someone83
BANNED

Post by Someone83 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:01 pm

Do they have a license? If not, it will take a minimum of 6 months.

If they do have a license, perhaps someone else can answer that.

Crofter
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 change of employer timelines

Post by Crofter » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:06 am

maverick.topgun1984 wrote:Hi there,

I am offered a new job and the employer is willing to sponsor my Tier 2 visa. I am presently on a Tier 2 general visa and wanted to know how much time does it generally take from the date of submission. Also, can I continue working at my old employer till the time I get my new visa.

Thanks and Regards
I have recently changed employment and you can see the timeline in the in-country postal applications sticky thread for all such applications unless if you go for premium PEO service.

You can continue working for your current employers till you get approval and then the notice period.

Thanks

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 change of employer timelines

Post by physicskate » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:09 pm

Crofter wrote:
maverick.topgun1984 wrote:Hi there,

Thanks and Regards
I have been trying to change employers for quite some time. I was offered the job in April and gave notice (BIG MISTAKE, but I am a teacher, and you must give certain periods of notice). New job applied for sponsorship at the end of July. I had to leave my previous job at the end of August. We haven't heard a thing yet... I'm still expecting the whole process to take between 3-9 more months. This is ludicrous.

UKBA should be ashamed of itself. So many people are stuck in their jobs - my previous employer and sponsor was exploitative. Was I meant to stay there???

I do hope you have better luck!!!