ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Transitional health letters

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Dixie123

Transitional health letters

Post by Dixie123 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:56 pm

Hi
My neibough and elderly lady has in the past few months, about with 3-5 months received 2 seperate letters requisting her to go and register with a GP and that they have been contacted by the home office to do so.

In this period she has always been registered with a GP and i believe she has sent letters to the home office including those written by her GP.

She has 4 kids with her and just to keep her mind at ease anyone ever been in this situation or know why she might keep getting those letters Thank youImage (alt+p)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:59 pm

And the immigration status of the persons in question is .....?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Dixie123

Post by Dixie123 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:12 pm

sushdmehta wrote:And the immigration status of the persons in question is .....?
She has been in this country since 2002 i believe she applied for Asylum didnt work out and applied for more like exceptional or descreation she is not sure because she was told her application was not for asylum put has raised issues in article 3 and 8 plus some other issues which ofcourse she wont share full details

Thnx for the response

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:44 pm

I suspect that they are / have been accessing health care when they are / were not entitled to.

That is why I asked about their immigration status. Without detailed information abut their immigration history, it is not possible (at least for me) to comment any further on why they have been receiving such letters. AFAIK, one reason why UKBA sends such letters to health practitioners (GPs) is when they have evidence that the person in question is / was accessing health care when not entitled to it.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Dixie123

Post by Dixie123 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:20 pm

Hmmm thnx i guess she can relax a little bit because i think she still is allowed to access health care. She is still on NASS and used a solicitors letters to get registered maybe i help her call the centre come monday and see what they need from them she also has a current HC2 or something letter.

At the bottom of the letter it says to ignore if already registered with GP.. and they have done that was only asking coz she still getting the letters and can be unsettling for single mums so she came to ask...

Thnx for the response again
sushdmehta wrote:I suspect that they are / have been accessing health care when they are / were not entitled to.

That is why I asked about their immigration status. Without detailed information abut their immigration history, it is not possible (at least for me) to comment any further on why they have been receiving such letters. AFAIK, one reason why UKBA sends such letters to health practitioners (GPs) is when they have evidence that the person in question is / was accessing health care when not entitled to it.