ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language proficiency - points

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Lara Richter
Newly Registered

Language proficiency - points

Post by Lara Richter » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:26 pm

I understand the requirements detailed on the CIC web site to prove proficiency in French via documentation or testing, but do we have to prove proficiency in English if first language? If so, how? Sorry if this is a stupid question!

tariqyousaf64
Newly Registered

Post by tariqyousaf64 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:38 pm

Dear Lara,

If you have qualifications such as O/A levels and a Degree from British institutions you should be OK. An English language O level would be sufficent so that's why it's important to get those duplicates of your certificates.

I provided copies of all such O/A's and Diploma with my application and I have been accepted, the medicals for me and the family are tomorrow! Toronto in the springtime it will be. 8)

The most important area really is the skills that the principal applicant has to offer and the proof of these skills, again trade certificates and references, employer work records and references, etc.

Do you have any blood relatives in Canada, if so you will have to prove the relationships by certified documentary evidence. Key word is proof.

Anyway, good luck and remember if I can do it anyone can :!:
Regards TY.

newuser
Newly Registered

Post by newuser » Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:59 am

you must take the IELTS test (general option) for english language proficiency.

a band of 7 in each category will get u 16 out of 16 points....if ur first language is english and 2nd language is french (per canadian application).

for french u need to do language test as well to claim points.

check http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/skilled/qual-3.html

thanks.