ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mp1254
Newly Registered

No biometric letter yet😞

Post by mp1254 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:30 am

Applied on 03/08/12. Acknowledgement letter received but no biometric letter yet.

s4sam
Newly Registered

June-12 Applicants

Post by s4sam » Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:00 am

Congratulations to those who are out of this mess - successfully. I wonder how come the timings of the outcome of a case vary so much?. I have been waiting for nearly 5 months now. (applied 06.06.), however, a friend of mine got his case sorted in 4 months and 13 days only!....I see people are waiting since April and May :( (sad)....

Does that mean efficient or inefficient case workers? I am comparing like for like cases here and of course that friend of mine had an exact same case as me..

Any June-12 applicants out there with some good news??Come forward please!

Sam

mbnarayn

Re: Update plz

Post by mbnarayn » Fri Nov 02, 2012 9:49 am

smshad wrote:
OttoMattik wrote:
jitu_2677 wrote:hi please give us some update whats going with you following guys
Raj,
tinaysf,
anjum.zahra,
locomore,
OttoMattik,
ONE-DAY,
Yasy,
FTW,
star17,
frog,
lfc4ever,
panda143,
Amunir

r u left this place. why you are so quite these days. keep this place live plzzz.
Still very much here and checking this thread on a daily basis. Just that there is not much to report.

It has been almost 8 months since I made the original application, and keep chasing up UKBA on a weekly basis to be given the same response - No decision has been made yet, you need to continue to wait!

I've been in touch with my MP, whose prodding last time resulted in the application moving forward slightly and resulting in me getting the Biometric letter. I've recently asked him to intervene again, and am hoping that it brings about some result.

I have to say my MP has been quite helpful through all this, usually replying quite quickly to my messages though dealing with UKBA has taken a huge toll on my professional career and mental wellbeing.

All I can really do at this stage is to wait with bated breath and keep checking my letterbox...
Hi,

Did you have any issues during your 10 year stay? any visa rejection, overstay, any financial issues? Please share your experience.

Thanks.
If you look at the spread sheet OttoMatik has stated that he has lost a passport. This usually further delays the process.

OttoMattik
United Kingdom

Post by OttoMattik » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:20 pm

smshad wrote: Hi,

Did you have any issues during your 10 year stay? any visa rejection, overstay, any financial issues? Please share your experience.

Thanks.
No rejections, no overstays, no financial issues.

5 years student visa, 1 year SEGS visa and 4 years Work Permit.

Pretty straightforward case, apart from one last passport. Supplied police report, photocopies of all visa pages, photocopies of lost passport and documents that covered last 10 years addresses.

OttoMattik
United Kingdom

Post by OttoMattik » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:28 pm

mbnarayn wrote: If you look at the spread sheet OttoMatik has stated that he has lost a passport. This usually further delays the process.
You say that, though I'm not too sure how relevant that is.

After I lost the original passport - I needed to get a TOC (Transfer of Conditions) as my replacement visa would not have had any vignette. I applied for this on a premium basis at the Croydon PEO, and it was all done with my BRP arriving 4 days later.

Now I agree that an ILR application will take longer, though going on 8 months is an absolute joke IMO.

B.tafader
Newly Registered

Time line for 10 years long residency....

Post by B.tafader » Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:03 pm

Applied: 13th of July
Received: 16th of July
Money taken: 30th of July
Acknowledgement: 1st of August
Biometric invitation not received yet!!!!

dhawalthakker
Newly Registered

new applicant in town :)

Post by dhawalthakker » Fri Nov 02, 2012 6:27 pm

Applied on 9 August
Ack. letter: 17th August
Payment: 20th August
Now waiting for the rest .....

Also, could you please put me in skydive excelsheet

Thanks,
Dhawal.

missniu
Newly Registered

Post by missniu » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:50 am

Hi guys,
Is there anyone out there who applied in late July/Early August who has received their biometric letter yet? I applied 16th August and have not, and from what i can gather on this forum, we all have not received our biometric invitation letter yet. Late August and even 1 applicant from early September I noticed, have received theirs. The unfortunate trend may mean that we 'Olympic applicants' have had our applications moved to one side and later ones are being dealt with first. Lets hope and pray they will 'dig' out the applications and start sending out the Biometric invitation letters. its a long agonising wait!!!!! Any Late July/Early August applicants, please update us so we see if this is just a coincidence. can we speak up against this?
Thanks.

smshad

Post by smshad » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:41 pm

missniu wrote:Hi guys,
Is there anyone out there who applied in late July/Early August who has received their biometric letter yet? I applied 16th August and have not, and from what i can gather on this forum, we all have not received our biometric invitation letter yet. Late August and even 1 applicant from early September I noticed, have received theirs. The unfortunate trend may mean that we 'Olympic applicants' have had our applications moved to one side and later ones are being dealt with first. Lets hope and pray they will 'dig' out the applications and start sending out the Biometric invitation letters. its a long agonising wait!!!!! Any Late July/Early August applicants, please update us so we see if this is just a coincidence. can we speak up against this?
Thanks.
Hi,

I applied on 11th August and still waiting for Biometrics. I think we should all write letters to Home Office raising concerns that applications sent between late July and mid-August are not getting Biometrics whereas late August and early September are receiving. Specially when it is in Home Office guidance that applications are dealt with in receiving order.
As many of us will write it will make impact and HO will dig out are cases.

Everyone July to August, please respond and make suggestions and find out HO address on which we should send these letters.

Thanks,
Shad.

let_koko

Post by let_koko » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:21 pm

@Smshad, it will be nice if all late July and early August applicant can come up with a letter to raise concerns to the HO. I will definitely sign the letter, only God knows why they are delaying our applications. What I intend to do by the 6th of Nov which will make up 3 months of my application is to write to my MP and raise a concern about this and also to let him know that I need to travel asap due to bereavement in my family, hopefully this will speed up my application. Is it worth it ? Has anyone done this before ? What was the outcome of it. I need suggestion as the wait sucks
Thanks Y'all
We shall all smile @ the end
I rep 9ja
1 for all

khanjaan

Post by khanjaan » Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:26 am

i am in the same boat applied on 8th of august and still waiting for Biometrics letter God knows when it will come its really frustrating that people who applied after me they are getting the invitation not me even lots of us .
Dont get it wrong i am happy for others who are getting them but you know how human heart is its really frustrating i hope i will get the invitation in this coming week.
for some reason my heart says that people who applied in end july till mid august will get invitation late but they will get indefinite quick may be they will make the time up . :( :( :( :( :( :(
UKBA is very busy i know but the way they handle things i dont agree they take such a long time the fees they charge is high but the service is no good but what we cant even do anything its like a waiting thing wait and see what happen .

jewellondon

July waiting

Post by jewellondon » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:16 am

My time line under 10 yr ling residence:

Application sent : 06 July 2012
Acknowledgement : 28 July 2012
Bio metric letter : 10 September 2012
Bio metric done : 11 September 2012
Passport and Brp : Waiting...

Need to wait more then two month............................................ :cry:

liveinhope
Newly Registered

May Applicant here.

Post by liveinhope » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:36 pm

I applied on the 10th of May and Biometrics done on 01/08/2012..
Nothing heard since, despite writing letters. Waiting is hard for everyone, some of us are luckier than others , by looking at timelines I can see.
Its getting close to six months. Calling and writing to them is equal to banging your head against a brick wall. God help us all.
Are there any other silent observers who applied in May or even before? Please share your experiences.

bobby80gh

Post by bobby80gh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:52 am

khanjaan wrote:i am in the same boat applied on 8th of august and still waiting for Biometrics letter God knows when it will come its really frustrating that people who applied after me they are getting the invitation not me even lots of us .
Dont get it wrong i am happy for others who are getting them but you know how human heart is its really frustrating i hope i will get the invitation in this coming week.
for some reason my heart says that people who applied in end july till mid august will get invitation late but they will get indefinite quick may be they will make the time up . :( :( :( :( :( :(
UKBA is very busy i know but the way they handle things i dont agree they take such a long time the fees they charge is high but the service is no good but what we cant even do anything its like a waiting thing wait and see what happen .
i have sent an email to a senior case worker to look into the late july/early august applications. hopefully she will act swifly and we will hear from them very soon.

segs2tier1

Post by segs2tier1 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:37 am

My timeline is as follows:

Applied on 28 August 2012
Fee Deducted 2 days after the above date
No acknowledgment letter received

Biometric letter dated 26 October 2012 recieved on 1st November 2012
Biometric done on 3rd November 2012

Not sure how long it will take from there. All I could is wait and hope for the best.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Time to sign E-Petition

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:52 am

May be its time to sign an E-Petition...Can do it http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/check

Have your say guys...

saanju9
Member of Standing

Olympic Applicants

Post by saanju9 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:13 pm

Whats this e-petitions Damanisshallo. How is this going to help us
And yes guys anything that helps to move the application should be done (soon)

Bobby can you please let us know what happened with the email you sent to the senior case worker. and secondly is she the one dealing with your application. If she is how can you get their email address. If she is just someone you know, convey our regards to her when she gives us some information.

Smshad did you mean we should sign a letter collectively or shall we proceed individually.

xx

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Post by Damanisshallo » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:25 pm

We can ask the below questions as none of these are DMC (Decision Making Contact) as to the best my knowledge. Then why delay?

1. What is the average time as per the standards for the UKBA to
send an Acknowledgement Letter?

2. What is the average time as per the standards for the UKBA to
send a Biometric Appointment Letter?

Both these scenarios takes no more than 4 weeks in any other visa category (Tier1-4)

Now the important part, How it works?
1. Create your e-petition
2. It will be checked by a government department
3. The public sign it
4. If you collect 100,000 signatures, your e-petition could be debated in
the House of Commons

NOTE: The e-petitions House of Commons Backbench Business Committee receives notification from the Leader of the House once an e-petition has 100,000 signatures. The Backbench Business Committee meets weekly when the House of Commons is sitting to hear representations from MPs for debates in backbench time. The Committee can consider any subject for debate, including those raised in e-petitions or national campaigns but an MP must make the case for their consideration.

Source: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/how-it-works#start

smshad

Biometrice not received - mid July to mid August applicants

Post by smshad » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I have taken the bold step and sent an email to Home Office this afternoon. Please see below what I sent, and I think if more of the same period applicants sent similar type of email, it may work and they dig out our applications.

email sent to: UKBACustomerComplaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

Subject: Feedback regarding Service standards – SET (O) ILR
applications on 10 years long stay basis.

Dear Sir / Madam,

I have read on UKBA website that Home Office welcomes comments to resolves the complaints and improve the services. I would like to bring to your attention an issue related to service standards regarding ILR application process.

I find out that almost all applicants who applied on SET (O) 10 years stay in the UK category between mid July 2012 to mid August 2012 are still waiting for their Biometrics invitation letters from Home Office, whereas applicants who applied in late August 2012 (on and after 24/08/2012) have already received their Biometric invitation letters from Home Office in last week of October. I find out this information from various forums where applicants share their visa application timelines.

I believe that Home Office deals with applications in the order they are received until there is any compelling circumstances. Because applications sent at later dates have received there Biometric invitation letters this has become a reason of concern for applicants who sent their applications earlier. Could you please investigate or raise it with relevant teams.

I would like to mention here that I am also an applicant under the same category but I do not intend to raise my individual case but as an issue faced by a group of applicants who applied for ILR on SET (O) between mid of July 2012 to mid of August 2012.

I will be grateful to you if you please raise this concern with relevant teams.

Kind regards,

full name
address
Email:

Home office reference number: IL....
Application sent: 11th August, 2012.
Acknowledgment letter received: Dated 16th August, 2012.
Biometric invitation letter: Not received until 05th November, 2012.

smshad

Re: Olympic Applicants

Post by smshad » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:58 pm

[quote="saanju9"]Whats this e-petitions Damanisshallo. How is this going to help us

Bobby can you please let us know what happened with the email you sent to the senior case worker. and secondly is she the one dealing with your application. If she is how can you get their email address. If she is just someone you know, convey our regards to her when she gives us some information.

Smshad did you mean we should sign a letter collectively or shall we proceed individually.

xx[/quote]

hi Saanju: I meant that if everyone send separate email. I have already sent an email this afternoon and I have posted the same email on the forum in a separate post. If anyone else want to edit it and send. Thanks. Shad

saanju9
Member of Standing

Post by saanju9 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:59 pm

hi Saanju: I meant that if everyone send separate email. I have already sent an email this afternoon and I have posted the same email on the forum in a separate post. If anyone else want to edit it and send. Thanks. Shad
thanks Smshad. for the format. I will send mine tomorrow with changes obviously. We will see how goes. however, we need more people sending them emails (to the homeoffice please, not to the other forum members).

dear friends who are in the same boat, please send emails to support this cause, so we can (hope) get out of this tough times.

xx

razi786
Newly Registered

Post by razi786 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:32 pm

Which email address did you send your email. Please give
me the email address.
bobby80gh wrote:
khanjaan wrote:i am in the same boat applied on 8th of august and still waiting for Biometrics letter God knows when it will come its really frustrating that people who applied after me they are getting the invitation not me even lots of us .
i have sent an email to a senior case worker to look into the late july/early august applications. hopefully she will act swifly and we will hear from them very soon.

Desigirl
Newly Registered

ILR recieved

Post by Desigirl » Mon Nov 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Good news folks, I collected my ILR today from my solicitor, I have a sneaky feeling that they had my ILR for the past two (2) weeks but told me today, I wish each and every one of you success with your application, you want to be here, you chose to have your life here, and I know that you will not take it for granted. I thank God and my loved ones for giving me the strength and teaching me patience.

Application date: 08-May-2012
Acknowledgement letter date: 18-May-2012
Fee taken on 10-May-2012
Bio letter: 04-July-2012
Bio data submitted: 05-July-2012
BPR issued: 24-October-2012
BPR + docs received: 05-November-2012

Information that I consider relevant to others:

August 2004 : My passport was not stamped at Heathrow when I returned from vacation.

April 2008 : My student visa application was returned due to incorrect background, within one (1) week I had sent the correct photos.

September 2011 : I won my PSW case with First tier tribunal, however, 4 months after my win, an appeal was made by Home office (which was allowed!) I had to go to the Upper tribunal (case heard January 2012). While waiting for the decision I was already within my “qualifying period” to apply for ILR, my solicitor advised that I had to wait for the decision before I can apply for ILR.

January 2012: Case heard in upper Tribunal

April 2012 : Eligible to apply for ILR but still waiting for decision from Upper tribunal.

May 2012 : Decision received, I did not win but I had 14 days to take the matter to High Court, instead I made my application for ILR.

October 2012: ILR granted.

I was overwhelmed by my emotions today, it was a great feeling of accomplishment, try to visualise the moment you get your IlR, the easier a goal is to see, the closer it seems. Best of luck to you all who are waiting, I will keep you in my prayers.

meemyself&I

Re: ILR recieved

Post by meemyself&I » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:26 pm

Well done and congratulations. I kept coming back to this to look out especially for your posts. Glad the wait is all over. Enjoy the freedom

[quote="Desigirl"]Good news folks, I collected my ILR today from my solicitor, I have a sneaky feeling that they had my ILR for the past two (2) weeks but told me today,
God's divine child

bobby80gh

Post by bobby80gh » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:25 pm

smshad wrote:
saanju9 wrote:Whats this e-petitions Damanisshallo. How is this going to help us

xx

I happened to have her email because she wrote to me when I send home office an email to expedite my application.

All complaints show be send to this email address;

FurtherNationalityEn@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

This is the official correspondence address for the HO.