ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correcting error in VISA vignette

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anirbanbob
Newly Registered

Correcting error in VISA vignette

Post by anirbanbob » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi

My Tier 2 vignette contains error regarding validity time. I had applied through Kolkata Application Center. Can you please mention whom should I contact and if you can also mention the contact details, I would be very grateful. I have come across one contact called visaqry.newdelhi@fco.gov.uk but they say they can take upto 20 days to reply. I am aching for a quicker response.

Many thanks.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:39 pm

You have the correct contact details.

anirbanbob
Newly Registered

Experience with VISA rectification

Post by anirbanbob » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:22 am

Hi y'all

I thought of sharing my experience with a VISA rectification case. I had applied for a Tier 2 General VISA and got it approved. The process took 8 working days(from application to collection) and I had applied at the Kolkata application center. After collecting the VISA I found that there was an error in the valid until date. Normally, the VISA has a validity of 3 yrs and 1 month whereas my vignette showed validity for 1 month only!! Apparently, this not uncommon (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 50847be2cd). I contacted the High Commission at Delhi the same day and got a response the next day asking me to submit my passport for rectification. The BHC told me that it would take 1 working day for processing which meant that it would take me three days in the least to get my passport back. However, over 7 working days had passed and there was no news from VFS. So I sent them a mail asking them if they had received my passport back. They replied that they did and they had received it on the third day just like my calculation had told me. I was pretty pissed off at VFS for them not having sent me a mail for they had assured me that they would. My advice: If you have apped for a rectification, ask VFS on the fifth day itself.

Bonne chance
Bob

twcbbr
Newly Registered

Re: Experience with VISA rectification

Post by twcbbr » Mon May 15, 2017 1:39 pm

anirbanbob wrote:Hi y'all

I thought of sharing my experience with a VISA rectification case. I had applied for a Tier 2 General VISA and got it approved. The process took 8 working days(from application to collection) and I had applied at the Kolkata application center. After collecting the VISA I found that there was an error in the valid until date. Normally, the VISA has a validity of 3 yrs and 1 month whereas my vignette showed validity for 1 month only!! Apparently, this not uncommon (http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 50847be2cd). I contacted the High Commission at Delhi the same day and got a response the next day asking me to submit my passport for rectification. The BHC told me that it would take 1 working day for processing which meant that it would take me three days in the least to get my passport back. However, over 7 working days had passed and there was no news from VFS. So I sent them a mail asking them if they had received my passport back. They replied that they did and they had received it on the third day just like my calculation had told me. I was pretty pissed off at VFS for them not having sent me a mail for they had assured me that they would. My advice: If you have apped for a rectification, ask VFS on the fifth day itself.

Bonne chance
Bob
Hi Bob,

Did you submit your passport by visiting VFS directly or by courier?
Where can we get email address of VFS?
I want to get my wife's corrected at VFS hyderabad. Please suggest

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Experience with VISA rectification

Post by CR001 » Mon May 15, 2017 3:18 pm

twcbbr wrote:
anirbanbob wrote:Hi y'all

Bonne chance
Bob
This topic is 5 years old. Please desist from digging up old threads.

Hi Bob,

Did you submit your passport by visiting VFS directly or by courier?
Where can we get email address of VFS?
I want to get my wife's corrected at VFS hyderabad. Please suggest
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.