ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR m what category are you applying for leave under

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aneel_07

FLR m what category are you applying for leave under

Post by aneel_07 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Form Question

The original question can be found in the url below page 7
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf

Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories
(including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?
2 . 2
Yes No
2 . 3 Please indicate what stage of extension of leave you are applying for or why you are choosing to
extend your current leave in one of the above categories.
If you answered Yes, go to section 3
  • First period of leave to remain (following an initial
    period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry
    clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil
    partner of a settled person - 6 months)
    Second period of leave to remain (following initial
    grant of leave to remain).
  • If you are applying for any other reason - please explain below
    You delayed your travel to the UK by more than 3 months after the issue of a visa, and have not yet
    completed the relevant period of time in one of the categories at question 2.1
    If you answered No, go to question 2.3
  • You are making a first application from within the UK
    but have not previously had leave to enter/remain as
    a partner
Or
  • You require further leave to remain before applying for indefinite leave to remain to obtain a relevant
    qualification showing Knowledge of the English language and of Life in the UK (KOL)
  • You were granted entry as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner, but have not yet married or entered into a civil
    partnership. Please explain why in the box below and state when your marriage or civil partnership will take place
My Situation

My wife has joined on 13/05/2011 as a partner on my Tier 1 visa for the first time, entry clearance
I am applying ILR on the 7/11/12.
I am inclined to select

Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories
(including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor? YES

and

First period of leave to remain (following an initial
period of entry clearance as a partner of a settled person, or following an initial period of entry
clearance as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil
partner of a settled person - 6 months)
Second period of leave to remain (following initial
grant of leave to remain). YES

Any advice, I am slightly confused by the wordings.

meemyself&I

Re: FLR m what category are you applying for leave under

Post by meemyself&I » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 pm

I stand to be corrected, however I think you are right in answering YES to the first question. You do not need to complete the second part because it says on the form, please go to the next section if you have answered YES.

Hope this helps, i recently completed it, and this was how i completed that section. Good luck to your wife.

aneel_07 wrote:Form Question

The original question can be found in the url below page 7
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 020091.pdf

(including previous leave granted as a fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner) with your current sponsor?

Any advice, I am slightly confused by the wordings.
God's divine child