ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SUCCESS- WP 5 years with same employer + 1 dependent

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

gugu84
Newly Registered

ILR SUCCESS- WP 5 years with same employer + 1 dependent

Post by gugu84 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:31 pm

hi there

finally got my ilr today at the solihull office.

my appt was at 10:00am

9:30am : arrived at the office

waited and my number was called after 1 hr

10:30am : CW checking my documents and asking few questions ( what is the name of my employer, are my photos less that 28 days). the documents were being asked in the following order:
1- application form
2- passport
3- employer letter
4- LIUK test results
5- Payslips ( last 3 months)
6- Bank Statement
7- Photo
8- Cohab Documents

then he took all copies of the original

11:00am CW completed the initial check and they seem ok. he said that there will be further check being carried out and this will take around 2-2.5hrs. then he asked us to go and pay at the counter

At the counter, the cashier took my card and double checked with the details in the payment part of the application form.

then he told me to go to the waiting area. when my payment will be cleared, i will be called for the Biometrics.

around 11:45 my number called for biometrics. this took 10-15mins.

after the biometrics, we were told to come back after 2 hrs for the result. it was so stressful at that time.

We went for a walk in the town centre and we came back around 1:30pm. as soon as we entered the office, they asked for our number and told us the magic words " ILR GRANTED"

It was such a stressful day but we manage to get what we came for

i welcome any questions

brian78

info

Post by brian78 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 3:48 pm

congrats

which documents were they more fussy about?

cheers

tsujay
Newly Registered

Re: ILR SUCCESS- WP 5 years with same employer + 1 dependent

Post by tsujay » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:48 pm

Hello gugu84,

My situation is similar to yours. I am on WP since 2008 with the same employer and will be eligible to apply for ILR in 2013 sept. Your advise on these will be helpful.

1. My wife joined me in Jan 2012 as a WP dependent, will she be granted ILR or as my dependent?

2. Why Cohab documents are required?

brian78

re:

Post by brian78 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:12 pm

to get ILR your wife must live here for minimum 2 years. when you applied for ILR, your wife will need to apply for FLR(M), then when she gets to 2 years, she can apply for the set(O).
the cohab is to show that your wife is living with you. they will need this docs to extend her stay

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: re:

Post by geriatrix » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:16 pm

brian78 wrote:to get ILR your wife must live here for minimum 2 years. when you applied for ILR, your wife will need to apply for FLR(M), then when she gets to 2 years, she can apply for the set(O).
the cohab is to show that your wife is living with you. they will need this docs to extend her stay
brian78 wrote:to get ILR your wife must live here for minimum 2 years.
brian78, Please provide link to the rule that states this requirement.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

uknotts
Newly Registered

Post by uknotts » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:25 pm

tsujay wrote:Hello gugu84,

My situation is similar to yours. I am on WP since 2008 with the same employer and will be eligible to apply for ILR in 2013 sept. Your advise on these will be helpful.

1. My wife joined me in Jan 2012 as a WP dependent, will she be granted ILR or as my dependent?

As WP dependent she can apply ILR with you together irrespective to the length she has spent in the UK. For your reference:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=117346

brian78

re:

Post by brian78 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:26 pm

i meant set (m) instead of set (o)

brian78

Post by brian78 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:27 pm

uknotts wrote:

As WP dependent she can apply ILR with you together irrespective to the length she has spent in the UK. For your reference:
thanks for the info. i did not know that

cheers

uknotts
Newly Registered

Post by uknotts » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:29 pm

brian78 wrote:
uknotts wrote:

thanks for the info. i did not know that

cheers
Also for your refernece:
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=79378 Q12

MARCH

WORK PERMIT APPROVAL LETTER

Post by MARCH » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:26 pm

Hi,

First of all congratulation...I am a work permit holder and will be applying for ILR shortly.

Did they ask/check for the original work permit approval letter when deciding your application as i have lost it?

Do you have any idea what i need to do to avoid trouble/ rejection in this case? What would you suggest?

Would it be ok if i dont have orignal wp approval letter but having p60 for last four years which was issude by the same employer and a letter showing my soc code, salary etc from employer?

Your reply will be highly appriciated.

Regards,.....

ilrseekerlondon

Post by ilrseekerlondon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 pm

gugu84 wrote:hi there

finally got my ilr today at the solihull office.

my appt was at 10:00am

9:30am : arrived at the office

waited and my number was called after 1 hr

10:30am : CW checking my documents and asking few questions ( what is the name of my employer, are my photos less that 28 days). the documents were being asked in the following order:
1- application form
2- passport
3- employer letter
4- LIUK test results
5- Payslips ( last 3 months)
6- Bank Statement
7- Photo
8- Cohab Documents

then he took all copies of the original

11:00am CW completed the initial check and they seem ok. he said that there will be further check being carried out and this will take around 2-2.5hrs. then he asked us to go and pay at the counter

At the counter, the cashier took my card and double checked with the details in the payment part of the application form.

then he told me to go to the waiting area. when my payment will be cleared, i will be called for the Biometrics.

around 11:45 my number called for biometrics. this took 10-15mins.

after the biometrics, we were told to come back after 2 hrs for the result. it was so stressful at that time.

We went for a walk in the town centre and we came back around 1:30pm. as soon as we entered the office, they asked for our number and told us the magic words " ILR GRANTED"

It was such a stressful day but we manage to get what we came for

i welcome any questions
congrats gugu.. how many absences did u have mate.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:00 am

Gugu got ILR in Oct'12. Rules on absences have changed since.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

ilrseekerlondon

Post by ilrseekerlondon » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:44 am

wpilr_nov12 wrote:Gugu got ILR in Oct'12. Rules on absences have changed since.
Rightly pointed WPILR, apologies didnt notice that.