ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Appealling Refusal Of entry help Documents / Evidence

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

single_lonely
Newly Registered

Appealling Refusal Of entry help Documents / Evidence

Post by single_lonely » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:21 pm

I sponsored my uncle to apply for a visitor Visa to UK from Pakistan.
He received a refusal of entry in Jan 2012 after which i decided to appeal the decision. the hearing is due VERY soon but I need more information on what information to provide to support my application.

The reasons they gave were:
'you have failed to provide satisfactory evidence relating to your current personal circumstances...
You say that you have a business and that you employ two people but you have provided no independent evidence of this and no evidence of your own personal finances. You live with your parents and say that they occasionally assist you financially. You run a small business yet were able to remain in the UK for 4 months and now want to do so for 2 months. I am not satisfied you are in the business claimed or that you derive an income from that business claimed. I am not satisfied that you are a genuine visitor or intend to leave the UK on completion of your visit.'

On the day of the hearing what evidence would you suggest I could provide to support my uncles case?

they have asked for 'witness statements of the evidence to be called at the hearing' and a 'bundle of the the documents to be relied on at the hearing'. What is a witness statement and how best to compose it?

single_lonely
Newly Registered

Post by single_lonely » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:10 pm

This is in the wrong post.
Can a moderator please move to the Immigration for family members board.

He has applied for a general (family) visitor visa.

wpilr_nov12
Diamond Member

Post by wpilr_nov12 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:00 pm

Only you know your circumstances. And you have a well spelled out letter of refusal.

I am not sure the forum readers/contributors can read into your/applicant's life and make recommendations.

If the letter says you couldn't prove A, it is pretty obvious that you should be trying to prove A 'beyond any reasonable doubt'.
Please do not send me PM if I haven't sent you one yet.
My ILR, MN1 and kids PP stories.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:07 pm

For reference, the link to the original post as well as another post on the very same issue.

To answer your question to what you need to provide: as wpilr_nov12 mentioned, it is all in the letter. In the end, it boils down to your work life and your finances. You should bring evidence "relating to your current personal circumstances" - most notably, evidence of your business and your finances (business and private). For example, if you set up company (e.g. Ltd), you are bound to have a set of certain documents - bring those. Take bank statements along (two sets: business and private) showing that you privately have sufficient funds and that your company has regular transactions (i.e. is alive and kicking). Also bring employment contracts with associated documents for your two employees, cash audit reports and tax return statements. Lastly, you should be able to demonstrate why you were able to run a business from a distance.

single_lonely
Newly Registered

Post by single_lonely » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:41 pm

perhaps I should have mentioned he is from rural parts of Pakistan thus no taxes, account, statements of income/expenditure or such like are created.

this is the difficulty i have, which is why i am asking.
How would i go about proving that it exists and the points raised above.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:05 pm

single_lonely wrote:perhaps I should have mentioned he is from rural parts of Pakistan thus no taxes, account, statements of income/expenditure or such like are created.
this is the difficulty i have, which is why i am asking.
How would i go about proving that it exists and the points raised above.
Honestly, I don't think you can. If you employ people without contracts, have no bank statements, no books, no audits, no company documentation, no nothing, if you don't even pay taxes, Home Office will simply refuse to accept that you have a legitimate company to begin with. As hard as it may sound: I can't say I blame them - otherwise, anybody could claim to have a company.