ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) or FLR(O)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

david1982
Newly Registered

FLR(M) or FLR(O)

Post by david1982 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:16 am

Hello,

I have applied for ILR ( 10 years long residency ) in end of August 2012 and still waiting.
[ Student Visa 5 years + PSW 2 years + Tier1 (General ) 3 years.]

Current Tier1 ( Dependant ) visas of my wife and daughter will expire on 15 November 2012.

Could anybody kindly suggest me on the following?

1. Will my wife apply by using FLR(M) or FLR(O)?
2. I do not want to include my daughter with wife's application. she will apply for British Passport by using MNC 1, after I receive my ILR.
Will my daughter become illegal stayer if she does not extend her visa with my wife? (My daughter was born in the UK in 2010)

Kind Regards,
David

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 am

1. FLR(M).
2. The child will become an pverstayer if the child does not apply for leave to remain before her current leave expires. If your settlement application is approved, this period of overstay will be irrelevant as the child will then be "entitled" to register as a British citizen. But if your settlement application is refused for any reason then the child will be unable to extend her stay in the UK if the period of overstay is more than 28 days.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

david1982
Newly Registered

Post by david1982 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:20 pm

Thank you so much for your help.

Does my wife need to submit any Cohabitation documents while applying for FLR(M)?

Kind Regards,
David

sushdmehta wrote:1. FLR(M).
2. The child will become an pverstayer if the child does not apply for leave to remain before her current leave expires. If your settlement application is approved, this period of overstay will be irrelevant as the child will then be "entitled" to register as a British citizen. But if your settlement application is refused for any reason then the child will be unable to extend her stay in the UK if the period of overstay is more than 28 days.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Read the FLR(M) form.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!