ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

odd business working hours

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

truetier2
Newly Registered

odd business working hours

Post by truetier2 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 9:49 pm

hi every1,
I recently applied my tier 1 extension. I am employed in US based company based in London. Due to business requirement our company business working time is b/w 1.30pm to 10.00pm. I completely forgot to mention this thing in cover letter. Now I am worried if caseworker(Home office) call to company for my employment verification before 1.30pm and they couldn't connect what happen? apart his little issue i didnt see any other issue.

Do i need to inform them this now. I know its late. If yes how can I inform them about hour working hours?
Please advice me soon.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:19 pm

It would be unusual for the UKBA to contact your employer, but it could happen. Are you saying that a business that operates outside the normal commercial hours (local time USA) does not have a message on its telephone system saying as much when the office is not attended? A person calling at 10.00am is not greeted with a message saying that the hours of business are 13.30 to 22.00? If not, it must be frustrating for local callers to not be informed of this fact.

truetier2
Newly Registered

Post by truetier2 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 pm

Lucapooka wrote:It would be unusual for the UKBA to contact your employer, but it could happen. Are you saying that a business that operates outside the normal commercial hours (local time USA) does not have a message on its telephone system saying as much when the office is not attended? A person calling at 10.00am is not greeted with a message saying that the hours of business are 13.30 to 22.00? If not, it must be frustrating for local callers to not be informed of this fact.
Thanks for replying...I am not sure if there is any voice message setup on our phone which tell the caller our business working hours. I would try to call myself to my company tomorrow morning to check if there is any voice message setup. However, timing are mentioned on our website but on About us page. I submitted my company employment letter on company letterhead which mentioned our company website url. But not sure they bother to check website.
Can i mentioned this thing to them now by any way?