ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Resident Card from Paper to Passport

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mrmuez

Resident Card from Paper to Passport

Post by mrmuez » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Hi Guyz , I have a pretty complacated question and need reply really quick , so my question is my father has a resident card because of my brothers wife who is a member of european union ...

When my father got a resident card he had no passport so they gave it as a paper document but now my father have a passport and he wants to bring his resident card from paper to his passport , do you guyz know which form he needs for that and how it can be done?

fysicus
Netherlands

Post by fysicus » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:38 pm

Your question is not complicated at all, and the situation does not require any urgent action also.

Your father does not need to do anything at all, the RC on a separate A4 (Immigration Status Document) is still valid.

If he really wants his RC in his passport, he needs to make a fresh application (with form EEA2) and submit the same evidence as the first time. Obviously, as the previous application was successful, there is no reason to expect a different outcome this time, but it can still take the full six months to be completed.

In short, why embark on a stressful experience which is not necessary?

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:00 pm

he wants to travel to pakistan and he wants to feel safe so he can return back to uk

horizon1985

Post by horizon1985 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:58 pm

He can travel to Pakistan. There is no problem at all regardless immigration authorities in Pakistan who seem to be pathetic and can be unaware of RC on paper. Otherwise there will be no problem for him at UK airports.

mrmuez

Post by mrmuez » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:00 pm

horizon1985 wrote:He can travel to Pakistan. There is no problem at all regardless immigration authorities in Pakistan who seem to be pathetic and can be unaware of RC on paper. Otherwise there will be no problem for him at UK airports.
lolz you are right , They swindle 20 pounds out of me when i was at airport but i was too smart for them , i started screaming and said i will report them to the authorities if they did not return my money .... bunch of thieves