ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New Licence for small company

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:37 pm

chris_g642 wrote:Hashmil, he advised you something good and in your favor, this is upto you to follow it or not!! And second thing, this depends on you and your company's relation if they trust you enough to do so or not!!... You have to find a way to convince your company, for example you can ask them to discuss regarding 'applying without CoS' with a lawyer if they know any... Thanks!!
thanks guys. They trust me enough, and would do anything I'd ask. I just want to be extra sure before i end up unintentionally breaking any laws which would refuse me to enter the country ever again. So, just being cautious here.

We are getting in touch with an immigration lawyer as we speak. Will keep you guys posted on the situation. might be cancelling my flight. oh well, i dunno. :-/

once again, thanks for your input and help guys. greatly appreciated. will keep you posted :)

Ross123
Newly Registered

Post by Ross123 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:37 pm

hashmil wrote:
Wait what? can over stay upto 28 days? where does it say this?

and can i still be working in this 28 days?
Take a look at new Visa application form from 1st of October 2012. If you go to the last page where you tick boxes of documents that you are including with your application, there you will see about 28 Days.

In the previous Visa Application from 1st of April 2012 it wasn't there and now they included it. I am pretty sure they included it because of their huge backlog in giving away license.

So technically you can stay another 28 days. Its just personal opinion and what I would have done if I were you.

Cheers!

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:57 pm

Ross123 wrote:
hashmil wrote:

Take a look at new Visa application form from 1st of October 2012. If you go to the last page where you tick boxes of documents that you are including with your application, there you will see about 28 Days.

In the previous Visa Application from 1st of April 2012 it wasn't there and now they included it. I am pretty sure they included it because of their huge backlog in giving away license.

So technically you can stay another 28 days. Its just personal opinion and what I would have done if I were you.

Cheers!
Cheers, just found this - "Your application for further leave will be refused if you have overstayed your visa by more than 28 days when you apply."

which is mentioned here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... r/01-rules

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:13 pm

hashmil wrote:
Ross123 wrote:
hashmil wrote:

Cheers!
Cheers, just found this - "Your application for further leave will be refused if you have overstayed your visa by more than 28 days when you apply."

Problems get sorted if you share.

Please do not leave country. Get the T2 visa. I pray you get it.

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:25 pm

muhdkhokhar wrote:
hashmil wrote:
Ross123 wrote:
hashmil wrote:

Cheers!

Problems get sorted if you share.

Please do not leave country. Get the T2 visa. I pray you get it.
Thanks man, i think i'm going to cancel my flight, and prepare my applications.

once again, everyone here on this forum - thanks a million. I get my visa sorted or not, right at this time this very thread is something that keeps me going and have hope :)

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:45 pm

Why has this topic digressed, thanks to some members, from a discussion regarding "licence application for employers" to one of a generic discussion regarding "what are my possible options and what to do while a licence application is pending and getting delayed" and irrelevant rhetoric posts?

Please do not post in this topic if you have a query / statement to make that is irrelevant to the subject of the topic. In absence of members refraining to do so, the topic will be closed.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:57 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Why has this topic digressed, thanks to some members, from a discussion regarding "licence application for employers" to one of a generic discussion regarding "what are my possible options and what to do while a licence application is pending and getting delayed" and irrelevant rhetoric posts?

Please do not post in this topic if you have a query / statement to make that is irrelevant to the subject of the topic. In absence of members refraining to do so, the topic will be closed.
Understood. Tried to do this, but then was asked to get back here. http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=116532

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 3:26 pm

Hashmil, my post wasn't directed to you in isolation but anyone / everyone to blame within the 13 pages of this topic.

There is a reason why I responded to your query in the topic you created specifically for it, and not here, despite what you were told in there.

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:33 pm

Dear Hashmil and all off you...

It seems UKBA rejecting on purpose for me they sent same reason for refusal.

‘An email was sent to you on xx/xx/12, requesting 3 further documents, giving you seven calendar days to reply. The documents you provided were not suitably certified as they were only certified on the front page and the PAYE document did not contain all the information required. In addition the HMRC and bank documents have been certified by an accountant which is unacceptable. We have therefore refused your application'

We ask more explanation on our refusal because we believe we sent the right certification to them based on the email note they sent us on xx/xx/12.

Email dated the xx October stated:
A certified copy is one that includes a signed statement, either by the issuing authority or by a practicing solicitor or notary. The certifier must confirm that it is an accurate copy of the original document. Please note that for certified copies, each page of a document submitted must be certified, clearly detailing the certifier‟s name, signature and the organisation he/she represents. [b]Sometimes, when a document has more than one page, the certifier does not want to certify every page. We will accept the document if the pages are all attached together (such as stapling) and the top page is certified as described.
[/b]

and more explanation on our situation...

As per sponsorship licence guidance document they clearly mention (page 42-45) on which circumstance UKBA will refuse the application.
http://www.boarding.org.uk/file_uploads ... system.pdf
Also in web they have not mentioned..
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/busin ... ealicence/

I hope UKBA will reply some clarification on our refusal.

UKkumar

[quote="hashmil"]Ok so here is an update.

My company registration got refused. Apparently one of the documents was not "certified" - even though they were the original documents which we had sent. (3 out of the 4 documents we had sent were fine. It's just the one which they couldn't verify).

So, my visa expires this Saturday. I am flying back home this Friday.

My company will reapply for registration, and an restricted CoS so i can apply from home.

And for those who are waiting - they get back on urgent requests. Make sure you send a scan of your visa showing expiry date. (best to request urgent treatment only before 10 working days before expiry). They will get back in time for you to make your application. Only downside is, if they get back and it get's refused you will be in a tricky situation like me.

Good luck everyone![/quote]

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 pm

Didn't anyone in your sponsor's organisation involved in the process read 40.

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:52 pm

thanks sushdmehta

i and my company aware of no 40, which is posted on above post.
and we sent exactly same way as they mentioned in no 40.

thanks
ukkumar

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:05 am

UKkumar wrote:PAYE document did not contain all the information required. In addition the HMRC and bank documents have been certified by an accountant which is unacceptable.
If you / your employer / person involved in the process was aware of clause 40 referred to earlier, then the explanation of the above is ..... ?
UKkumar wrote:The documents you provided were not suitably certified as they were only certified on the front page
Sometimes, when a document has more than one page, the certifier does not want to certify every page. We will accept the document if the pages are all attached together (such as stapling) and the top page is certified as described. The certification must also clearly state how many pages have been certified.
Was the instruction (highlighted in bold) adhered to?

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:49 am

UKkumar wrote:Dear Hashmil and all off you...

‘An email was sent to you on xx/xx/12, requesting 3 further documents, giving you seven calendar days to reply. The documents you provided were not suitably certified as they were only certified on the front page and the PAYE document did not contain all the information required. In addition the HMRC and bank documents have been certified by an accountant which is unacceptable. We have therefore refused your application'

We ask more explanation on our refusal because we believe we sent the right certification to them based on the email note they sent us on xx/xx/12.

A certified copy is one that includes a signed statement, either by the issuing authority or by a practicing solicitor or notary. The certifier must confirm that it is an accurate copy of the original document. Please note that for certified copies, each page of a document submitted must be certified, clearly detailing the certifier‟s name, signature and the organisation he/she represents. Sometimes, when a document has more than one page, the certifier does not want to certify every page. We will accept the document if the pages are all attached together (such as stapling) and the top page is certified as described.

As per sponsorship licence guidance document they clearly mention (page 42-45) on which circumstance UKBA will refuse the application.

UKkumar
hashmil wrote:Ok so here is an update.

My company registration got refused. Apparently one of the documents was not "certified" - even though they were the original documents which we had sent. (3 out of the 4 documents we had sent were fine. It's just the one which they couldn't verify).

My company will reapply for registration, and an restricted CoS so i can apply from home.

And for those who are waiting - they get back on urgent requests. Make sure you send a scan of your visa showing expiry date. (best to request urgent treatment only before 10 working days before expiry). They will get back in time for you to make your application. Only downside is, if they get back and it get's refused you will be in a tricky situation like me.

Good luck everyone!

Hi Ukkumar,

I am so sorry to hear that and currently feeling worried. You and hashmil have similar experience, according to this forum.

Mind I ask a few questions?

When did you make your application?
Did you request urgent treatment or did they take normal course to get to your application?
Did you use a solicitor to submit all documents for your application?

I really hope you and hashmil both have it sorted out eventually. I think it is quite unfair to hold it for so long only to give you this sort of response. They want us to hurry and show little tolerance while not reciprocating even the least. This is a paid service and not a 'favour' by any mean. Good luck to you man!

Thanks

hashmil
Sri Lanka

Post by hashmil » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:44 pm

sussexguy wrote:
UKkumar wrote:Dear Hashmil and all off you...

A certified copy is one that includes a signed statement, either by the issuing authority or by a practicing solicitor or notary. The certifier must confirm that it is an accurate copy of the original document. Please note that for certified copies, each page of a document submitted must be certified, clearly detailing the certifier‟s name, signature and the organisation he/she represents. Sometimes, when a document has more than one page, the certifier does not want to certify every page. We will accept the document if the pages are all attached together (such as stapling) and the top page is certified as described.

UKkumar
hashmil wrote:Ok so here is an update.

Good luck everyone!

Hi Ukkumar,

I am so sorry to hear that and currently feeling worried. You and hashmil have similar experience, according to this forum.

Mind I ask a few questions?

When did you make your application?
Did you request urgent treatment or did they take normal course to get to your application?
Did you use a solicitor to submit all documents for your application?

I really hope you and hashmil both have it sorted out eventually. I think it is quite unfair to hold it for so long only to give you this sort of response. They want us to hurry and show little tolerance while not reciprocating even the least. This is a paid service and not a 'favour' by any mean. Good luck to you man!

Thanks
Hey sussexguy

We initially sent the application for Company Registration on the 26th of June. Requested for urgent treatment 2 weeks ago, which they did give us, and on Monday we got the refusal.

We have been in contact with them and have asked to reapply for the registration, which we are doing now.

In the meantime I am posting my T2 application, with a letter from the company explaining the situation, and send them the Sponsor License details as soon as we get them.

mimi3
Newly Registered

Post by mimi3 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:57 pm

For what it's worth, I just noticed today that my company finally got their Sponsor License, after having applied around mid-April. (They applied through an immigration firm).

makky86
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by makky86 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:05 pm

mimi3 wrote:For what it's worth, I just noticed today that my company finally got their Sponsor License, after having applied around mid-April. (They applied through an immigration firm).
So It takes 6 months. Congratz.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:38 pm

mimi3 wrote:For what it's worth, I just noticed today that my company finally got their Sponsor License, after having applied around mid-April. (They applied through an immigration firm).
Wow mimi3,congrats!!

Did you have to request them to hurry up? Please respond.
Thanks.

sussexguy

Post by sussexguy » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:39 pm

Hey sussexguy

We initially sent the application for Company Registration on the 26th of June. Requested for urgent treatment 2 weeks ago, which they did give us, and on Monday we got the refusal.

We have been in contact with them and have asked to reapply for the registration, which we are doing now.

In the meantime I am posting my T2 application, with a letter from the company explaining the situation, and send them the Sponsor License details as soon as we get them.[/quote]

Hi Hashmil,

Thanks for the update. I have been following your posts. Did you apply through immigration firm or independently?

UKkumar
BANNED

Post by UKkumar » Thu Oct 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Hashmil
Don’t give up ask your employer to complain if they think that the document they sent was ok.
My employer started fight with UKBA about our refusal. And they are looking in details what happened about our application. The supplied documents was certified in same pattern but 3 accepted and 4th one was rejected.

UKkumar

mimi3
Newly Registered

Post by mimi3 » Sat Oct 27, 2012 2:35 am

No, I don't think they made any special urgent requests, as I didn't have a valid case for it being an emergency except for maybe the RLMT expiring (they advertised the job in early May).

Asim3210
Newly Registered

Post by Asim3210 » Tue Oct 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Hi Mimi,

Do you know how did your solictor certified the documents? UKBA have rejected our 2 documents as they said these are not properly certified

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:40 am

Hi yes please anyone can help
The documents we have sent for sponsor license the solicitor who certified the documents has the stamp ,his position ,date and signature is that enough for UKBA to accept the document?
I am worried as well after reading the experience of others

Asim3210
Newly Registered

Post by Asim3210 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:00 pm

jibri wrote:Hi yes please anyone can help
The documents we have sent for sponsor license the solicitor who certified the documents has the stamp ,his position ,date and signature is that enough for UKBA to accept the document?
I am worried as well after reading the experience of others
if a document (e.g Lease papers) has more than one pages, the solicitor should certify all the pages or he should staple all the pages together and top page should be certified with stamp, position and signature and the organisation representing and importantly the number of page he is certifying. if anything missing, UKBA will not accept the doucment valid. This was happended with our application and we had to sent the documents again and now we are waiting for them to reply.

i hope this helps

jibri
BANNED

Post by jibri » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:05 pm

Hi Asim
Thanks for your reply, All the documents my company sent consist of one page only so no number of pages mentioned and having stamp, date , sign and position of the person who certified the document with your experience is that fine?
Thanks

skraj
India

Post by skraj » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi All,

Please really urgent!!!!!
my employer have applied for Tier2 General license last week, but they sent the four supporting documents uncertified photocopies along with a certified covering letter..I made them aware, but they forgot it in rush..

Did online application on 24th oct 2012...my visa ends by mid feb 2013
and i am switching from PSW to Tier 2 general.

what can i do now??

any help please???????