ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advice on extension applicatiob

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rfd

Advice on extension applicatiob

Post by rfd » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi,

My visa is due to expire on 18th Jan 2013, 28th day from expiration of visa for me would be Saturday 22 Dec and the next working day would be on Monday 24th dec. I am planning to go to PEO for my extension and I would like to get this sorted before 25th reason being my office would be closed from 25th dec till 2nd January and I might have to go abroad in Jan.

Keeping above in mind I have couple of questions I would be grateful if anyone can guide me.

1. First off I am confused about the 28 day rule, can anyone please clarify if it is a rule or a recommendation ?

2. I have read the guidance note it says that "we encourage at least a month before..." so where did we got the figure of 28 shouldn't it be 30?

3. I have couple of colleagues who applied in Aug/ Sep 2012 (both went to PEO) at least a month and a half before there visa was due to expire.They both got their visas extended fom the date of expiration not on from the date of application. So is this 28 days thing been introduced recently?

4. Does any one know if 24th Dec is working day for UKBA

5. I have heard that if CW asks you to provide any additional doc/ proof/ supporting evidence they usually give you 14 days. In my case since the Christmas holidays will be starting from next day would they still give me 14 days? Or would they consider holiday period and give me some extra time. I am not expecting this to happen as my case is quite straight forward but just thought it would be better to know.

6. If I apply on Friday 21st Dec (29th day from date of visa expiry) and request CW to grant me extension from date of expiry rather than date of application in your opinion what are the chances they will listen to my request?

7. In case they deny me than what options would I have when I apply for ILR (as I will be a day short)

I will really appreciate if anyone could take their time out and answer the questions above.

Thanks

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 pm

28 days is not a rule but an advice, but sometimes caseworkers would take it as a rule as it is mentioned in the guideline, but its all upto the CW, and thats why your friends have got their visa extended from the date of expiry of their current visa.
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

rfd

Post by rfd » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:39 pm

thanks for your reply scorpio.

Anyone know how much time ukba gives you if they require any additional evidence from you?

Thanks in advance

marynwokedi
Newly Registered

Post by marynwokedi » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:07 am

Hi,

When i applied for my initial Tier 1 app, i was given 7 days to provide the additional docs,

Hope this helps