ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tax return (USA)

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

keviv
Newly Registered

tax return (USA)

Post by keviv » Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:45 pm

do i need to submit the W2 or the actual tax return statement (after i file my taxes) ?

Also note the IRS does not give any official statement of tax return. you can print one off from your computer but i am not sure if it will pass as "original" for the puposes of the Home Office.
One could also have more people on the tax return statement (if you are filing jointly with your spouse for example)

jagacharaja

Re: tax return (USA)

Post by jagacharaja » Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:28 pm

keviv wrote:do i need to submit the W2 or the actual tax return statement (after i file my taxes) ?

Also note the IRS does not give any official statement of tax return. you can print one off from your computer but i am not sure if it will pass as "original" for the puposes of the Home Office.
One could also have more people on the tax return statement (if you are filing jointly with your spouse for example)
keviv -

check out question # 25 on the updated hsmp faq at workingintheuk.gov.uk

they don't need the filed tax returns, just the w2

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:55 am

When I applied, I submitted both the tax returns (I used Turbotax, so it was printed from the computer).. and my w-2's.. If you have more than one w-2, or investment income, etc., then it might make sense to submit both the w-2's and the tax forms to demonstrate the total info..

Marichka
Newly Registered

Post by Marichka » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:27 am

It's good to know, I was wondering about the W2.

I'm also applying from the US, and I have another question re. earnings: my payslips are on ADP watermark paper but bear no stamp or signature. I think it's a pretty standard format in the US. Do you think it's ok or should I insist my employer stamps and signs them? Thank you!

UKbound

Post by UKbound » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:04 pm

Whatever you have should be fine.. If you include both W-2 and pay stubs, or tax returns you're probably going to be okay. We don't distribute paychecks in my company, everything is direct deposit, so I had to print my paycheck stubs online, which means no watermarks, just our logo, and I didn't have any issues.

Marichka
Newly Registered

Post by Marichka » Tue Feb 13, 2007 12:19 pm

UKbound wrote:Whatever you have should be fine.. If you include both W-2 and pay stubs, or tax returns you're probably going to be okay. We don't distribute paychecks in my company, everything is direct deposit, so I had to print my paycheck stubs online, which means no watermarks, just our logo, and I didn't have any issues.
Thank you!