ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family permit in moscow

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kulemeg
Newly Registered

Family permit in moscow

Post by kulemeg » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:59 am

I want to ask what can I do to make sure a family permit for my wife ( russian living in moscow ) is issued as british embassy is a major pain in the neck and upon asking to be issued with a family permit under 2004/38 directive, my wife was asked to attend an interview where she was asked to bring proof of our communication ( so she brought them 3 - 4 hours of worth daily conversation - telephone and skype logs for last 7 months, doctor's letters with my wife's fertility treatment and prescriptions,copy of my last visa to russia and some travel tickets + tickets from moscow to St Petersburg and back with our names printed on them ) , she was asked about her jobs in moscow - aeronautical design engineer, but hardly relevant to the case , her holiday arrangmet etc . . . I as her husband ( living in the UK for last 7 years ) was refused the interview, was even warned that I will not be allowed to the embassy ( apparently due to security reason... - and there she was asked questions about her jobs, what is she going to do in the uk etc. . . .)ECO had even cheek to send me this after I complained : "Yes, EEA applications are assessed outside the UK Immigration Rules but against the relevant EEU treaty. However, your wife still needs to demonstrate that her application and your relationship are genuine in order to be granted an EEA family permit visa. This is why we suggest she submits all the documents recommended to demonstrate they meet the Immigration Rules to avoid refusal of her EEA family permit.

I hope this helps to clarify the situation."
Now after her 90 minutes of interrogation is over she was told that they will take a month to decide.....My question is what can I do as I am in moscow and waiting for her so we can travel back home together, as well as what can I do in general terms as I am really not amused to say the least..... We are straightforward husband and wife case with no dependants, 35 and 40 year old, trying for a baby as explained to the ECO, she has no adverse travel history as she never been to the UK and absolutely nothing at all suggests that its a marriage of convenience as ECO clearly wants to label it as such. In fact its very inconvenient to be sitting in moscow flat and waiting for over a month now and by the look of it for even longer... - hardy an action of someone who marries out of convenience....