ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child Born while ILR application was in Process

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Prashanteu2105
Newly Registered

Child Born while ILR application was in Process

Post by Prashanteu2105 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi All,

Me and my wife(expecting) filied application for ILR on 10th May with our Tier-1 Visa expiring 10th July 2012. In mean time we had our baby born on 29.08.2012. Later we recieved biometric cards and originals documents by post on 20 OCT 2012 [Edited]. Now, no where it states settlement effective from date ? nor is the letter dated ? all we have is dates on the Biometric card which are OCT dates?

1. What settlement date should i enter on form MN1
2. Was i settled when baby was BORN ?
3. How do i register baby as british citizen?

Any helps would be greatly appriciated
Thanks
Prash
Last edited by Prashanteu2105 on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: Child Born while ILR application was in Process

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:50 pm

Prashanteu2105 wrote:we have been awarded settlement on 20 OCT 2012. No where it states settlement effective from date ?
You have been awarded settlement on the 20th Oct - that is, so to speak, the "effective from date", the date you became settled. Therefore, your child was born before you gained settlement and is hence not British citizen from birth - but you can to register by completing form MN1.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:02 pm

Prashanteu2105 wrote:Later we recieved biometric cards and originals documents by post on 20 OCT 2012 [Edited]. Now, no where it states settlement effective from date ?
Your biometric card should have a place + date of issue (should look like this). That is your date - or does your card look completely different?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:03 pm

All true if the child was born in the UK (which I assume the child was as your wife was probably in the UK without her passport during the ILR application).

Prashanteu2105
Newly Registered

Post by Prashanteu2105 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:32 pm

Gyfrinachgar wrote:
Prashanteu2105 wrote:Later we recieved biometric cards and originals documents by post on 20 OCT 2012 [Edited]. Now, no where it states settlement effective from date ?
Your biometric card should have a place + date of issue (should look like this). That is your date - or does your card look completely different?
Yes thats exactly how my Biometric card looks with date of 10-oct-2012 to 10-oct-2022 !!

Yes child was born in UK. do we need to get passport + ilr for the new born before applying the form MN1 ? And what should we write for his current Nationality ?Only document we have for him is birth certificate ..

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 pm

Child doesn't require ILR or passport to apply (if he hasn't got one).

A passport is just a travel document. You can be a citizen of a country without holding a passport. Most likely he holds the same nationality as his parents.

boloney

Post by boloney » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:57 pm

Prashanteu2105 wrote:
Gyfrinachgar wrote:
Yes thats exactly how my Biometric card looks with date of 10-oct-2012 to 10-oct-2022 !!

Yes child was born in UK. do we need to get passport + ilr for the new born before applying the form MN1 ? And what should we write for his current Nationality ?Only document we have for him is birth certificate ..
you don't need passport for child. Does child have parents nationality now? This what you write down as child nationality.

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:33 am

Hi

for those parents about to apply for ILR via the postal service and expecting a baby, best to do the same day premium service as this will save you lots of headache as your child will be born british.