ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HELP PLEASE WITH DECLARATION OF OFFENCES

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joshtr81
Newly Registered

HELP PLEASE WITH DECLARATION OF OFFENCES

Post by joshtr81 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi, I am going to apply for Naturalisation tommorrow, and have filled in the form. In a recent post I spoke about a conviction I have for LC20. Now, the fine was orignally £175 but was reduced to £30 ( I did not appeal, I just went to the court as I had not recieved the summons as they had sent it to the wrong address). On the form in section 3.6 I have written my ACTUAL conviction....3 points, LC20 AND £30 fine. Do I need to explain the whole £175 wrong address fine reduced story or just state my ACTUAL CONVICTION. In the home office guidelines it does say that if there was an appeal that the new judgement stands on the original convicted date. Some clarification would be very hellpful! Many thanks!

ncube11
Newly Registered

Post by ncube11 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:53 pm

@ joshtr81, how did your citizenship application go??? im in the same situation, just want to know what my chances are? thank you

bobobo

Re: HELP PLEASE WITH DECLARATION OF OFFENCES

Post by bobobo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:31 am

Just state the actual conviction, if you apply via NCS they will ask you this question anyways if you have had an FPN in the past year or so.
Dont provide irrelevant information as it may confuse the case worker
joshtr81 wrote:Hi, I am going to apply for Naturalisation tommorrow, and have filled in the form. In a recent post I spoke about a conviction I have for LC20. Now, the fine was orignally £175 but was reduced to £30 ( I did not appeal, I just went to the court as I had not recieved the summons as they had sent it to the wrong address). On the form in section 3.6 I have written my ACTUAL conviction....3 points, LC20 AND £30 fine. Do I need to explain the whole £175 wrong address fine reduced story or just state my ACTUAL CONVICTION. In the home office guidelines it does say that if there was an appeal that the new judgement stands on the original convicted date. Some clarification would be very hellpful! Many thanks!