ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success PEO croydon 6th Nov 2012.

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

priya26

ILR success PEO croydon 6th Nov 2012.

Post by priya26 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:51 am

A big thank you to everyone here in this forum who helped us by answering all our questions when we needed it the most.

My husband had applied for ILR.

Let me put you through the process.
1. Appointment was at 12.30 pm. We reached at 11.45 and were allowed inside.
2. After the security check we were asked to go to another counter where we had to give the payment page.
3. 12.35 pm: We were asked to go to the payment counter on the first floor and finish our payment. We paid by visa debit card. There was no problem with that.
4. 12.40 pm: we went to the to the counter and submitted our application and photographs and the payment page. The man at the counter asked for the passport as well.. Realized we had '' LEFT OUR PASSPORT back at home''. Did not know what to do.. told them we will go back home and get the passport and strangely they were okay with it.
5. 1.15:Came back with the passport and went to the same counter. The man was very friendly and helpful. He asked us to go to the 2nd floor for biometric enrollement.
6. At 1.30: we were called for biometrics and the results came at 3.
7. 3 pm: caseworker called our number and we submitted the documents.
8. 3.45 pm : After the caseworker verified the documents we were given the ILR approval letter.

Submitted the following documents:
1. Completed SET(O) application form.
2. 2 Passport sized photographs with name written on the back.
3. 12 month payslips
4.12 month bank statements
5. Employer letter ( the caseworker specifically asked for it)
6. 5 year p60's
7. HSMP and tier 1 approval letters( the case worker kept these documents with him)

Also I was allowed to enter with my husband even though I did not have an appointment.

I will be happy to answer any questions.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:09 pm

congratulations on the success :)

Can you please share the format of the employer letter you submitted, what information exactly HO would be looking for in the employer letter. As far as I know, the employer letter is not a requirement for the Tier1-G applicants.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:10 pm

Hi Priya,

First of all congratulations for your successful ILR application. I have a couple of questions on your documentation, which can help me with my appointmnt which is coming up next month:
Can you please point us to the format you used for this letter, or if it was a simple letter what all your employer mentioned in there?
6. 5 year p60's
Everyone keeps saying 5 years P60, but I have 4 P60s and dont see how one can have 5 P60s, any clues?
Challenges make life worth it!

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:11 pm

Congratulations priya26.

I will be applying at Croydon PEO tomorrow. I am on Tier 1 and run a limited company.
Could you please tell me about the employer letter? Was it required because salary slips were unattested printouts?
I don't have one and I think it’s too late to get one now. Is it mandatory?

Senior members, please help.
Is the accountant's letter a suitable alternative for employer letter? I also have contracts, invoices and remittance statements.

Thanks a lot.

priya26

Post by priya26 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:27 pm

Even I thought that employer letter was not a requirement for Tier 1 general applicants, but my husband was asked for it specifically by the caseworker.

Here is the employment letter format:
Dear sir/madam,
Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding the above named individual.

Start date of employment:
Type pf employment:
title of job:
Salary:

priya26

Post by priya26 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:28 pm

The payslips were originals. So we did not have to get them attested. I don't think a employer letter is mandatory, but our caseworker wanted it.

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 pm

Thanks Priya. Very helpful indeed!
Challenges make life worth it!

priya26

Post by priya26 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:31 pm

InUkOnHsmp wrote:Hi Priya,

First of all congratulations for your successful ILR application. I have a couple of questions on your documentation, which can help me with my appointmnt which is coming up next month:
Can you please point us to the format you used for this letter, or if it was a simple letter what all your employer mentioned in there?
6. 5 year p60's
Everyone keeps saying 5 years P60, but I have 4 P60s and dont see how one can have 5 P60s, any clues?

P60's for 5 years starting from 2008 to 2012.. for each financial year.
Anyway the caseworker did not ask for the P60's. we gave it because we had it anyway.

priya26

Post by priya26 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:33 pm

InUkOnHsmp You're welcome. I know how stressful it can get!