ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel Outside Ireland after submitting GNIB for citizenship

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SSsd
Newly Registered

Travel Outside Ireland after submitting GNIB for citizenship

Post by SSsd » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Hi Folks,

I will appreciate your responses if any of you have travelled outside Ireland after submitting GNIB for citizenship ceremony.

Can you folks please provide some feedback/suggestions what happens at the port of entry in Dublin via passing through immigration, I know to bring the letter of approval as proof. Any other comments or suggestion are welcome.

Thanks is advance

cleangreen

Re: Travel Outside Ireland after submitting GNIB for citizen

Post by cleangreen » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:06 am

SSsd wrote:Hi Folks,

I will appreciate your responses if any of you have travelled outside Ireland after submitting GNIB for citizenship ceremony.

Can you folks please provide some feedback/suggestions what happens at the port of entry in Dublin via passing through immigration, I know to bring the letter of approval as proof. Any other comments or suggestion are welcome.

Thanks is advance

email gnib_dv@garda.ie and check with them and carry print of email as proof if they say its ok to travel with letter of approval

Ben
Diamond Member

Post by Ben » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:47 pm

It will probably be at the discretion of the Guard.

My wife was a non-EU national resident of Ireland and holder of a GNIB card. She submitted hers to the DoJ, as requested, together with her €950 fee and photos, ahead of the citizenship ceremony to which she was invited to attend. We subsequently spent some time in Britain and flew back to Ireland specifically to attend the ceremony. On arrival in Dublin airport, the Garda did ask the whereabouts of my wife's GNIB card, so we told him the truth, that it's been surrendered to the DoJ because my wife will become an Irish citizen tomorrow. He just waived her through.
I am no longer posting publicly on this website - PM me if needed.