ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Meche83
Newly Registered

Re: suspicious

Post by Meche83 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:45 am

my application will count 9 months on 9th of Novernber, even a child is born at the 9th months

Applied on 9th of Feb and i am still waiting, i think i am the only feb applicant, but i will still will not loss hope, still holding on, for does of you who waiting, dont give up,somthing good is about to happen.

Meche83
Newly Registered

Post by Meche83 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:46 am

[quote="Meche83"]my application will count 9 months on 9th of Novernber, even a child is born at the 9th months

Applied on 9th of Feb and i am still waiting, i think i am the only feb applicant, but i will still will not loss hope, still holding on, for does of you who is still waiting, dont give up,somthing good is about to happen.

daiyan.suraya

Post by daiyan.suraya » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:55 pm

well said Meche83. lets hope for the best :)

emyfraser
Newly Registered

Re: Four Months and no biometric letter

Post by emyfraser » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:14 pm

Nisha79 wrote:Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I will call them once more. Can u tell me what exactly should I ask them?
Thanks
emyfraser wrote:
Nisha79 wrote:Hi All, this is our timeline:

Application submitted: 7 JULY 2012
Application fee taken: JULY 2012
Acknowledgement received: 18 JULY 2012
Biometrics letter received: WAITING
Biometrics enrolled: WAITING
Documents: WAITING
Biometric permit: WAITING

Its really frustrating, when I call HO they say its not in their system
Would appreciate any advise on how to deal with this.
Hi Nisha79 - it makes sense that you're not in their system yet because it's when they enter you into the system that you finally get your biometrics letter. I called 7 weeks after submitting my application asking about my letter and they sent it right out. The woman was surprised that I'd waited longer than 4 weeks!

My timeline:

Application submitted: 18 August 2012
Application fee taken: August 2012
Acknowledgement dated: 21 August 2012
Biometrics letter dated: 28 September 2012
Biometrics enrolled: 5 October 2012 (the day after I received the letter)
Documents: WAITING
Biometric permit: WAITING
Hi Nisha79 - I believe when I phoned up one of the options I was given was related to enrolling biometrics - I then just told the woman when I submitted my application and she got the information sent right out to me.

annieak
Newly Registered

Post by annieak » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:16 pm

Meche83 wrote:my application will count 9 months on 9th of Novernber, even a child is born at the 9th months

Applied on 9th of Feb and i am still waiting, i think i am the only feb applicant, but i will still will not loss hope, still holding on, for does of you who waiting, dont give up,somthing good is about to happen.
do not worry we are all stuck in the same boat i applied in feb 2012 too.
not response.

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

hi

Post by mrsabih » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:17 pm

hi guyz i received my acknowledgement letter on 1st november 2012
lets hope for the best to receive BMR letter soon :lol:
Do good and get reward

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:23 pm

emyfraser wrote:
Hi Nisha79 - I believe when I phoned up one of the options I was given was related to enrolling biometrics - I then just told the woman when I submitted my application and she got the information sent right out to me.
I took your advice and called up to ask about my biometrics letter as well as I have not yet recieved it (it's been 6 weeks since I've applied) The lady I spoke with was really nice and when I asked her how long it usually takes to recieve the letter, she told me, " it could be anywhere from 2+ weeks until it's sent out."

I then asked her if she was able to tell me if my letter had already sent out (I had to quote my refrence number) and she said it had not yet been sent, which she said was good news because that means it has not been lost in the post...well no it's not really good news to me because I don't have a letter yet! (I didn't actually say that, only thought it) lol

Anyway I just left it at that and thanked her for her time and we ended the call. I'm hoping that she can just click a button which will send out my letter...will find out in the next couple days I suppose!

emyfraser: did you ask if they can send the letter out to you?

Ket

Post by Ket » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi guys, I was also a february applicant. I did wait like you guys and got frustated. I complained on 8th October and received my passport and visas on 3rd November.

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:17 pm

I'm also another February applicant. I have a straightforward case having applied for a spouse visa after being on the fiancee visa. Me and my husband would have been married for a year in February and still no visa = no honeymoon :(

Best of luck to everyone else still waiting! It's great that there are some February people getting their visas, at least it's trickling through!

annieak
Newly Registered

Post by annieak » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:20 pm

Ket wrote:Hi guys, I was also a february applicant. I did wait like you guys and got frustated. I complained on 8th October and received my passport and visas on 3rd November.
hi, ket congrats first of all.
secondly can you give more detail about how you complained and what you said to them many thanks.

annie

emyfraser
Newly Registered

Post by emyfraser » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:08 pm

CDNgirl wrote:emyfraser wrote:
emyfraser: did you ask if they can send the letter out to you?
Hi CDNgirl - I just said that I was worried that the letter had gotten lost in the post, she established that I'd waited longer than 4 weeks and said she would send it on!

jummy
Newly Registered

FLR(M)

Post by jummy » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:35 pm

I called them today and got told the package has been posted today, i shall update u once i get it, i am a March applicant

boredwithwaiting
Newly Registered

Post by boredwithwaiting » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:40 pm

Hi just stumbled across this board after waiting a frustrating 8 months for my wife's visa to be decided by people playing god. looks like we aren't the only ones. My wife came over from Turkey on a student visa several years ago and we have been married one year yesterday, we contacted our local MP last month who looked into the case but was given no information from the UKBA apart from the usual 'it's being processed'. My wife's mother has been very ill and has spent some time in hospital in Turkey and when we asked if there was any compassionate grounds to speed up the visa we were told this
Quote:
Thank you for your email of 9 October requesting expedition of your constituent’s application of 2 March for travel purposes.

All applications awaiting consideration are currently being handled in date received order and therefore it is currently not possible to specify the exact date of outcome.

While we have every sympathy with Ms Twyman’s situation, unfortunately we cannot grant her request for expedition unless she is willing to withdraw the application if consideration is not immediately possible from the information already held with your clients case. This does not mean that Ms Twyman’s application will be automatically withdrawn, it will wherever possible be considered and outcomed but if the caseworker cannot consider her application before her travel date or in a timely manner then it may be withdrawn in order to meet her travel requirements.

If Ms Twyman is willing to withdraw the application if consideration is not immediately possible from the information already held with her case, she should fill in the enclosed form and fax it to 0114 207 2536. Alternatively, your office can email me a scanned copy of the attached proforma once it has been signed and completed by your constituent and I will then refer it to the relevant team.

As we cannot afford to take the chance on withdrawing from the waiting list, starting again and paying them more money for a job they couldn't do in the first place, looks like we will just have to wait even longer
Hi boredwithwaiting

Thanks for posting this. Was the enlcosed form that they referred to this one? http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... return.doc
Hi LE80

best thing is, they didn't attach anything to the email and later on in the letter they included links to help my wife's employer and both links went to a 404 not found page!!
Thanks for the form though, we have decided to wait a bit longer as her mother isn't too bad at the moment and is now at home. Really looking forward to applying for the ILR which will probably have to be sent off as soon as we get the FLR visa

FLR M

Post by 2222 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:04 pm

FLR M applied on: 27th February 2012
Payment out of the bank: 29th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter: I didn't get one!!
Biometric letter received on: 16th March 2012
Biometric completed on: 28th March 2012
Requested my partner’s passport: 10/10/2012
Partner’s passport received: 17/10/2012
More documents requested by UKBA: 22/10/2012
The requested documents sent to UKBA: 26/10/2012
Document return: received on. 1/11/2012
Biometric card: received on. 1/11/2012.

Good luck everyone.

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:50 pm

Congratulations 2222!!!

atim
Newly Registered

Re: Long time

Post by atim » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:22 am

TnT-FreaK wrote:
atim wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:
atim wrote:FLR(M) applied in 10/11/2011
Biometrics: 05/12/2011
They asked for some more information about marriage date in 02/02/2012.
The Rest still WAITING.........................................No response yet.

I made a few calls to them. They dont tell anything. Fingers crossed!!!!
Ouch, a year in waiting... That surely is something your MP should try and address as a matter of urgency. All the best, hopefully your wait is over soon.

On a separate note. Last week we saw a lot of posts with people getting their visas. Anybody with any visa news to share?
Hi,
I recieved a letter after eleven months this week from Ukba to attend an interview. At last got something from them. Any idea why they have called us for interview and what they are going to ask. Thanks

can you pls tell me how should i contact my MP and what documents should i take with me to MP. should i just take acknowledgment letter?
I personally haven't contacted my MP as its been 4 months only for my application, less than their 6 months service standard. But I imagine the process is relatively simple. Most MPs prefer an email or contact them through their website. You can find who your MP is by visiting the following website:

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

In terms of the information they would require it would include:

- Your Home Office Reference Number.
- Your full name and any other names you have used in your correspondence with the Home Office.
- Your full residential address. Your MP needs this for two reasons - to make sure that he/she is your MP and for the UKBA to reference your case.
- The names and addresses of any relevant sponsor or spouse, if applicable.
- A brief summary of your immigration situation, including when you applied to the UKBA and whether or not they have responded to you. It is also useful to include relevant documents for MP to see.

atim
Newly Registered

Post by atim » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:36 am

atim wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:
atim wrote:
TnT-FreaK wrote:
Ouch, a year in waiting... That surely is something your MP should try and address as a matter of urgency. All the best, hopefully your wait is over soon.

On a separate note. Last week we saw a lot of posts with people getting their visas. Anybody with any visa news to share?
Hi,
I recieved a letter after eleven months this week from Ukba to attend an interview. At last got something from them. Any idea why they have called us for interview and what they are going to ask. Thanks

can you pls tell me how should i contact my MP and what documents should i take with me to MP. should i just take acknowledgment letter?
I personally haven't contacted my MP as its been 4 months only for my application, less than their 6 months service standard. But I imagine the process is relatively simple. Most MPs prefer an email or contact them through their website. You can find who your MP is by visiting the following website:

http://findyourmp.parliament.uk/

In terms of the information they would require it would include:

- Your Home Office Reference Number.
- Your full name and any other names you have used in your correspondence with the Home Office.
- Your full residential address. Your MP needs this for two reasons - to make sure that he/she is your MP and for the UKBA to reference your case.
- The names and addresses of any relevant sponsor or spouse, if applicable.
- A brief summary of your immigration situation, including when you applied to the UKBA and whether or not they have responded to you. It is also useful to include relevant documents for MP to see.

LONG WAIT IS FINALLY ON A STRANGE NOTE!
Hi, I recieved a letter after eleven months this week from Ukba to attend an interview. At last got something from them. Any idea why they have called us for interview and what they are going to ask. Thanks 

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:14 am

atim wrote:LONG WAIT IS FINALLY ON A STRANGE NOTE!
Hi, I recieved a letter after eleven months this week from Ukba to attend an interview. At last got something from them. Any idea why they have called us for interview and what they are going to ask. Thanks 
Normally they invite you for an interview if they have a doubt on your application esp your marriage or partnership! so in a nutshell instead of just refusing your application they want to make sure everything by interviewing you. so go prepared !

As for what they might ask you, well you might be a the best person to answer this question as you might have an idea where your application was most weak. They might put both of you in a separate interview rooms to determine whether you guys fit as a couple living together or married. You can even Google this as many people have posted their interview experiences online.

Ket

Post by Ket » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:14 pm

Hi Annieak, a sample of my complaint is below. Sorry for delay. Hope you get your documents soon.
My complaint clearly showed that I am not happy with their services and I find long delays and their inability to make the decisions within their published timescales unacceptable etc.

You have been waiting an awful lot as well, being trapped in limbo is causing all those people who are still waiting nothing but inconvenience, frustration and distress. You just have to remind them about yourself.

annieak
Newly Registered

Post by annieak » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:31 pm

Ket wrote:Hi Annieak, a sample of my complaint is below. Sorry for delay. Hope you get your documents soon.
My complaint clearly showed that I am not happy with their services and I find long delays and their inability to make the decisions within their published timescales unacceptable etc.

You have been waiting an awful lot as well, being trapped in limbo is causing all those people who are still waiting nothing but inconvenience, frustration and distress. You just have to remind them about yourself.
hi thanks for replying

did you write a letter if or email etcc
can you give me details to where u sent it.

many thanks

samestory

Biometrics on its way

Post by samestory » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:37 pm

TnT-FreaK wrote:
samestory wrote: "I'm very new here but have been reading posts on here for quite a while. I would like to know if there's a set time between when an FLR(m) application is made and when the biometrics letter is sent. I have received only an acknowledgement letter and no biometrics letter and it's been 12 weeks since I sent in my application. What do I do? This obviously means my application hasn't been passed on to any case worker. Does anyone who made an application after 9th July 2012 have a similar problem? Any useful comments is appreciated."

Reading the link above explains the delay in getting the biometrics invitation letter. I would still appreciate suggestions on what I should do. Thanks.
Samestory, I would recommend calling UKBA and requesting your spouse's passport back, that way your application will get onto their system.

Our letter arrived after 61 days, so your turn around time does seem to be longer...
Thanks TnT Freak, didn't know you sent me this message as I'm just seeing it now.

Today, I got out of bed feeling very crazy and really annoyed. I had exhausted all means to get attention from the UKBA. Last month, I sent two letters to the address on my acknowledgement letter but heard nothing about a biometrics letter. Two weeks ago I sent an email to the biometrics unit and they just passed me around requesting I forward my message to some other email addresses they sent me. I had also tried calling the number on my letter a few weeks ago, but after waiting for a timeline of 15 - 20 minutes and no response from them except for their music in the background, I would cut the call. I also requested my sponsor's passport 4 days ago but apart from the automated message, nothing. So I made a call today by 13:10pm and it terminated around 13:50pm. This is a 084 number at 4p p/m from BT landline. A lovely, extremely polite lady took the call at 13:30pm after I was almost tired of listening to the music in the background. Was shocked that I hadn't received my biometrics letter as I have been waiting 3 months and 2 weeks. Told me to hold on while she sorted it ASAP with the biometrics team. So between 13.30pm and 13:50pm, I could hear her complaining to the team responsible and was told she could request my letter sent ASAP. She then apologised to me and said I should expect my BM letter in the post in a few days. The UKBA acknowledgement letter prefers applicants don't contact them about FLR(M) applications but it seems like if we don't, they do nothing. If you still haven't received your BM letter, please, don't wait like me or resort to using UKBA emails and sending letters in the post. Get on the phone, select the options and wait.

samestory

Re: Biometric invitation

Post by samestory » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:53 pm

findshakil wrote:Hi All, Just bit of update. its 2 nov 2012 and we havnt received bio metric enrollment letter. it is now 2 and half months (over 11 weeks) wait

is anybody in the same boat please share or its just us who applied in august 2012 and not recived anything after aclnowledment letter?

I applied on 23rd of August but haven't received any biomatric letter.[/quote]

Hello findshakil,

Call the number on your acknowledgement letter, select the option for biometric enquiries. Never choose that you are enquiring about your FLR(M) application or you want your sponsor passport back as these are dead-end options that refer you back to their website. Wait for options that says' for all other enquiries', wait on the line as long as it takes to speak to the immigration adviser. I think there is a general problem with sending out biometrics letters so it's worth the try to call them directly. Hope this helps.

CDNgirl

Post by CDNgirl » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:04 pm

So I've just called up to speak with UKBA and ask if they could tell me if my biometrics letter had been sent out or not, and she said it had not yet been generated...I then asked if she could send it out and she said no, that I would just have to wait.

I don't understand why if some people call up and ask if the letter can be sent, it can be, and other staff say you have to wait! Again, no consistency from member of staff to the next. It's so frustrating!

ID29

Post by ID29 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:44 pm

CDNgirl,

We applied on July 2nd and received the biometric invitation on Sept 1st... 2 months or 9 weeks basically.

Previously, these letters would take around 4 weeks but its been clear for a while that its taking at least twice that and I suspect currently (due to clearing the backlogs) that it may even be another week or so beyond that. Frustrating as it is, just be patient for a little longer.

On the 'up side' as the backlogs are cleared you may find the later part of your application goes considerably quicker than some of those who applied in the early spring/summer.

Stay positive :wink:
FLR(M) posted: 2/Jul/12
Receipt: 7/Jul/12
Payment: 9/Jul/12
Biometrics letter: 1/Sept/12
Biometrics submitted: 1/Sept/12
Passport/Docs: 19/Nov/12 (Dated 15/Nov)
Biometric Card: 20/Nov/12
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse
Visa From: Proposed CP

relievedpartner
Newly Registered

Post by relievedpartner » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:23 pm

Hi All,

Have been silently following this thread for a number of months now, with my wife & I being stuck in the same bureaucratic nightmare as the rest of you. Finally today got home to find our approval letter waiting for us in the mail with all of our documentation, and a card from DX to arrange for the redelivery of our BRP.

I just wanted to express my gratitude to all of those who have contributed to this forum whilst we waited for this to come through. Having others share their experiences, thoughts and suggestions helped pull us through what has been a truly arduous process. The performance of the UKBA is nothing short of shocking and it makes me so angry that they can toy with peoples lives like this and provide absolutely no information or transparency at any point.

To those who are still waiting, please have faith and look after each other. It is very hard to be left waiting with no information, and i know a lot of you have had to stick it out for longer than us and still do not know when you will have an answer. Without all of your words of support on this forum, we would all be totally in the dark. Thanks for helping me through this

FLR(M) posted: 21/06/12
Acknowledgement letter: 26/06/12
Payment: 28/08/12
Biometrics letter: 10/09/12
Biometrics submitted: 12/09/12
Passport/Docs: 08/11/12
Biometric Card: Delivery Arranged for tomrrow!
Visa Type : FLR(M) Spouse