ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR application advice and assistance needed(2 years Job gap)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Deeone

PR application advice and assistance needed(2 years Job gap)

Post by Deeone » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:23 pm

Greetings to you all,

Please I need an assitance and advise in regards to application for PR for my uncle and myself

I got an RC through my Uncle that I am living with in UK.

He has been living in Uk since 2005 and have been living with him since then and I got my RC in 2010.

But my question now is my uncle should have have qualified for a PR by now but in 2006 she works with Tesco and had some accident which while at work which prevents him from further working. so he had another job that he did till late 2007.

But could not could not continue as a result of the injury and He later decided to go for IT training and certification but at 2009 he enrolled himself as self employed and was paying the NI Contribution.
in 2010 he got an Permanent IT Job which he has been doing since then till date.

My question is can he use the period he was out of Job for 2 years to prove that he was a actively looking for Job even though he did not recieve JSA or any income benefit as of the time? Also if this can be done I will like to solicit assitant on how to draft the letter to back up this application for PR. Thanks in advance your responses will be highly appreciated.

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 pm

I believe the HO would find it difficult to accept a job seeker status for 2 years.

However, if he was temporarily unable to work as the result of an illness or accident, he could still be considered a worker. Also if he has voluntarily ceased working and embarked on vocational training that is related to his previous employment, he would be still considered a worker. So depending of his circumstances, he might be considered a worker for significant part of those 2 years.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:34 am

also Insurance cover would be required for this period which shows he was covered comprehensively during the period of unemployment.
Jambo wrote:I believe the HO would find it difficult to accept a job seeker status for 2 years.

However, if he was temporarily unable to work as the result of an illness or accident, he could still be considered a worker. Also if he has voluntarily ceased working and embarked on vocational training that is related to his previous employment, he would be still considered a worker. So depending of his circumstances, he might be considered a worker for significant part of those 2 years.

Deeone

Post by Deeone » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:12 pm

bobobo wrote:also Insurance cover would be required for this period which shows he was covered comprehensively during the period of unemployment.
Jambo wrote:I believe the HO would find it difficult to accept a job seeker status for 2 years.

Thanks for your responses it is really appreciated

I am assuming since he has go a new job now as an IT Engineer as well as the fact he couldn't continue with the job as a result of Back pain probably the insurance may not be required as there's is an evidence of him seeking job in terms of Certifications obtained and him finally getting a job offer ( i may be wrond and I am willing to be corrected and guideded). and as well as some email showing that He was applying for jobs