ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

norway visa

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mackdd
Newly Registered

norway visa

Post by mackdd » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:06 pm

My name is Mani Ghosh, I am an Indian citizen residing in UK. Due to company requirements I have to go to Norway for 6 weeks training. My visa status is in UK as an family member of an EEA NATIONALS ( EEA resident card ) , as I am married to an Polish citizen. But my wife is not travelling with me as it is an official work. Under this circumstances do I require a visa to travel Norway and what documents I will be needing ? Kindly help me out with this please.
according to this link http://www.norway.org.uk/Embassy/visas/visas/eea/ which have posted on norway embassy website indicates I don't need visa, If you scroll down to the bottom you can see visa exemption.

Kind Regards,
Mani Ghosh

mackdd
Newly Registered

Post by mackdd » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:03 pm

is there anyone to help me? please

alekos

Post by alekos » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:46 am

Buy your wife a ticket to Norway, fly in with her and stay for the course. Your wife can go back to the UK the day after. Since you have a UK RC you shouldn't have any problems entering the UK.

Or you could go through the hassle of applying for a Schengen Visa...
Thank you everyone in this forum.

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:17 pm

If you are travelling with your wife, or she has travelled first, then you do not need a visa.

If you are travelling on your own, then you may well need one. Check the embassy web site.