ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dual nationality and Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

Dual nationality and Spouse Visa

Post by ZD » Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:45 am

Hi all. I don’t know whether you remember my situation but I was waiting for my decree absolute before applying for my wife’s spouse visa. A few weeks ago my decree was pronounced and in about a month I will be heading to Pakistan.

We had our first child while my wife was in Pakistan and according to the British Consulate I can register our daughter’s birth and apply for her British Passport. At the same time, I applied for Pakistani passports for both my wife and child back in Nov 06 and on my next trip I will be applying for my daughter’s British Passport and my wife’s spouse visa.

The question I have is, should I include my daughter on my wife’s application form assuming my daughter has a British passport? Do I need to mention this information on the application form at all? Or is it perfectly acceptable for my wife to apply for a spouse visa and not include an application for our daughter? I’m worried that something like this might give rise to suspicion.

Many thanks.

JAJ
Australia

Re: Dual nationality and Spouse Visa

Post by JAJ » Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:55 pm

ZD wrote: We had our first child while my wife was in Pakistan and according to the British Consulate I can register our daughter’s birth and apply for her British Passport. At the same time, I applied for Pakistani passports for both my wife and child back in Nov 06 and on my next trip I will be applying for my daughter’s British Passport and my wife’s spouse visa.

Make sure you get your daughter a British style birth certificate (available from the British High Commission) as well as a British passport.

The question I have is, should I include my daughter on my wife’s application form assuming my daughter has a British passport? Do I need to mention this information on the application form at all? Or is it perfectly acceptable for my wife to apply for a spouse visa and not include an application for our daughter? I’m worried that something like this might give rise to suspicion.

Many thanks.

A British citizen child cannot be granted entry clearance, so you should not mention the child on the form as a visa applicant. If there is space on the from to include British citizen children then use it, otherwise put details in a covering letter.

Aslam0786
Newly Registered

Post by Aslam0786 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:30 pm

Hi

I am a british citizen and my wife american passport holder is on spouse in the uk since 30 /09/15 and her visa expiring on 30-06-18.

i need a help regarding following questions please;

1- Spouse visa extension application will be under 2 year route or 5 year route category ?
2-she is have more then £16000 in her personal account so would she meet the financial requirement or do i still have to use my proof of earning showing more then £18500 in the form of salary slips?
3-i have claimed only my self HB for the small period of time so would that effect her spouse visa extension or ILR application in the future?
4- As a american citizen can she also eligible for british citizenship and if she can then would that effect her american citizenship ? and what is her best possible options available for her in terms of keeping both nationalities?
5- we just been blessed with our first child and i already applied and have the british passport for my baby girl but should i also apply for american passport as well for my baby girl. or if not then whats best option available for her to keep both nationalities?

Please help me to find these above mysteries as am really confused and cant find the authentic information and answers for these question, Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:34 pm

Aslam0786 wrote:Hi

I am a british citizen and my wife american passport holder is on spouse in the uk since 30 /09/15 and her visa expiring on 30-06-18.

i need a help regarding following questions please;

1- Spouse visa extension application will be under 2 year route or 5 year route category ?
2-she is have more then £16000 in her personal account so would she meet the financial requirement or do i still have to use my proof of earning showing more then £18500 in the form of salary slips?
3-i have claimed only my self HB for the small period of time so would that effect her spouse visa extension or ILR application in the future?
4- As a american citizen can she also eligible for british citizenship and if she can then would that effect her american citizenship ? and what is her best possible options available for her in terms of keeping both nationalities?
5- we just been blessed with our first child and i already applied and have the british passport for my baby girl but should i also apply for american passport as well for my baby girl. or if not then whats best option available for her to keep both nationalities?

Please help me to find these above mysteries as am really confused and cant find the authentic information and answers for these question, Thanks
This thread is more than 10 years old. The rules have changed substantially since 2007.

Please continue in your own topic and be patient, when someone is able to offer advice I am sure they will.

immigration-for-family-members/dual-nat ... l#p1514718
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.