ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP approved EC query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

blueteam

HSMP approved EC query

Post by blueteam » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:40 pm

Hello Guyz,

Just recvd my HSMP approval letter ....i am in UK at the moment on Student VISA....hasent finished Masters yet....but got HSMP approval on Bachelors degree.....CAN ANYBODY suggest me where shud i go for the EC is it better to go to INDIA or UK itself.....

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Fri Jan 26, 2007 9:06 pm

Hi Blueteam,

Congrats on your HSMP approval. When is ur Master programme suppose to end? Thing is i've just applied for my HSMP as well and hopefully i too will get an approval but at the moment, currently outside the UK as my previous Working Hols visa finished and my previous employer were not willing to sponsor a full-work permit, so had to leave the country wen my working hols visa expired and now coming back to the U.K next week on a STUDENT VISA for my Masters.

My application was made in-country by my legal rep. and he did advised me that applicants on a student visas can switch in-country for EC but i'm not sure if switching from student, you shud have finished ur Masters/Course by then or can apply will as a student. Cos Wot i'm thinkin is if you do go back to India for EC, wud you still ur student visa wen comin back cos as a student you'll need a student visa except you can keep both Visas since they are different categories.

But if you do go back to India, there shudnt be any problems gettin EC but most show the EC officer that you've got a place to stay and can accommodate urself with need for public funds/benefits from the Govt.

Once again must congratulate u on ur approval and hopefully if i do get my approval soon, looks like we gonna be in the same situation.....so please do let me know if you'll be applying in-country or out-country for ue EC. Will let you know as well when i do get my approval and wot step i'll be takin for my EC

Thanks
teejay_ski@hotmail.com

vasumahan
Newly Registered

GOT APPROVAL WAITING FOR EC

Post by vasumahan » Sat Jan 27, 2007 11:05 am

hi skilachi & blueteam i am in the same situation as u'rs. right now i am on dependant visa i got approved recentely and as a dependant i can't apply for EC in uk so i need to go to india i am a masters course here for which i haven't claimed points as i have claimed points the masters which i have done in india but my course is until april.so iam not sure if i go for EC in FEB or MARCH is there gona be any prob.waiting for replys...........

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:50 pm

Hi Vasumahan,

I think in your case, you'll definately need to go back to India to get EC. Applicants on Dependant visas will need to go back to there home country to get EC. You can check the guidance for the FLR(HSMP), there is a section which list categories of those that can switch in-country and DEPENDANT VISAS are not part of the list.

Hope this is sufficient. Even if you go back to India in Feb or March, you can ask the EC officer to stamp your passport 5-6months in advance (say like May/June 2007) since you have 6months grace period to get EC once your approval has been successful, so ur EC will start from May maybe when you are about to finish ur Masters and when u are lookin for a Job, you can tell ur future employer that you already have EC startin from May or betterstill can ask the EC to stamp it asap for Feb/March by that u know there is no problem if u are lookin for work even wen u are still doing ur masters.

blueteam

Post by blueteam » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:10 am

Hi skilachi,

Thank you mate....And all the best for your intial HSMP application...well after doing extensive research i was advised to go for EC in India...as people are saying that if i apply for FLR in UK they may refer me to India anyway becoz lot of my HSMP documentation is from INDIA....so why wasting money by going for EC in UK and getting reply from HO to go to INDIA....so i am thinking of going to India to get my EC...but still dont know what documents do i need to take ...when u said that i need to prove the availability of funds do u mean to say that i need to show then the funds as we show for a student VISA....is that what u mean....
anyway i am still gathering the information....as soon as i got i will share with u in this forum....

skilachi wrote:Hi Blueteam,

Congrats on your HSMP approval. When is ur Master programme suppose to end? Thing is i've just applied for my HSMP as well and hopefully i too will get an approval but at the moment, currently outside the UK as my previous Working Hols visa finished and my previous employer were not willing to sponsor a full-work permit, so had to leave the country wen my working hols visa expired and now coming back to the U.K next week on a STUDENT VISA for my Masters.

My application was made in-country by my legal rep. and he did advised me that applicants on a student visas can switch in-country for EC but i'm not sure if switching from student, you shud have finished ur Masters/Course by then or can apply will as a student. Cos Wot i'm thinkin is if you do go back to India for EC, wud you still ur student visa wen comin back cos as a student you'll need a student visa except you can keep both Visas since they are different categories.

But if you do go back to India, there shudnt be any problems gettin EC but most show the EC officer that you've got a place to stay and can accommodate urself with need for public funds/benefits from the Govt.

Once again must congratulate u on ur approval and hopefully if i do get my approval soon, looks like we gonna be in the same situation.....so please do let me know if you'll be applying in-country or out-country for ue EC. Will let you know as well when i do get my approval and wot step i'll be takin for my EC

Thanks
teejay_ski@hotmail.com

skilachi

Post by skilachi » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:35 pm

Hi Blueteam,

What the EC officer will want to know when u apply for u EC in india is that will you be able to maintain urself.....so what i mean by availability of funds is that you need to show the EC you bank statements with enough funds in it to prove that u wont be relyin on UK benefits and u can sustain urself while in the UK.

As for documents, just take all the documents u submitted for ur initial HSMP with the approval letter, prove of where u'll be stayin or u are stayin at the moment and bank statements....and also maybe job adverts relating to ur field of work/career to show them that ur skills are in demand and when u finish ur master, u can easily get a job.

blueteam

Post by blueteam » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:28 pm

Hi skilachi,

Thanks for u r suggestions...when u said i need to show some job adverts and prove to them that i can get job when i finished my masters...here lies the actuall problem...what if EC officer asks why are u trying to chage u r immigration status without finishing off the Masters in UK....well we can answer him that we have done a research on the UK job market and i want to get into the job as soon as i finish my Masters which is not due to complete untill November 2007....do u think that would satisfy EC officer...And what abt u r approval .....any news yet...
skilachi wrote:Hi Blueteam,

What the EC officer will want to know when u apply for u EC in india is that will you be able to maintain urself.....so what i mean by availability of funds is that you need to show the EC you bank statements with enough funds in it to prove that u wont be relyin on UK benefits and u can sustain urself while in the UK.

As for documents, just take all the documents u submitted for ur initial HSMP with the approval letter, prove of where u'll be stayin or u are stayin at the moment and bank statements....and also maybe job adverts relating to ur field of work/career to show them that ur skills are in demand and when u finish ur master, u can easily get a job.