ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship timeline tracker.

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:21 pm

CitationCj2 wrote:I rang the other day to see if there was any update. They told me they are awaiting on Garda report.

Now a while back when i spoke to them they told me they have recieved the garda report already and now the file is gone for approval.
To be honest at this stage i think this is just a formal reply to anyone that calls, ( Awaiting Garda Report), even tho on a few occassion i`ve been told a different story.

Anyhow im told that all the invites for December ceremony are sent out and there is no more spaces left.
Now waiting to see if there will be any update in January!

It is quite frustrating at this stage, especially when other applicants that applied way way after me are getting trough!
I genuinely do not understand how do their system work and who has what priorities.

Regards,
I will tell you who get priorities, the ones who are on social welfare, applicant based on Sham marriage to EU or irish national , the one's who have court fines and convictions and asylum seekers !! 8)
Not waiting any more

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:41 pm

hi guys, what is the email address for citizenship section ?
thanks

CitationCj2

Post by CitationCj2 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:57 pm

minniepoe wrote:
CitationCj2 wrote:I rang the other day to see if there was any update. They told me they are awaiting on Garda report.

Now a while back when i spoke to them they told me they have recieved the garda report already and now the file is gone for approval.
To be honest at this stage i think this is just a formal reply to anyone that calls, ( Awaiting Garda Report), even tho on a few occassion i`ve been told a different story.

Anyhow im told that all the invites for December ceremony are sent out and there is no more spaces left.

It is quite frustrating at this stage, especially when other applicants that applied way way after me are getting trough!
I genuinely do not understand how do their system work and who has what priorities.

Regards,

Did you at any point get a correspondence from INIS via post requesting for the receipts of payment made for the fine you were asked to pay?
Most times when issues come up in the gardai report, we get letters in the post requesting for more information on the issue.

Dont worry, i know they must complete the process and we will either get an approval or a rejection but we all pray for the former.. and so shall it be... soon and very soon..
No correspondance at all. I did ask about traffic offence i had( well gone now, paid and all) and they said, no we are waiting on garda report and dont send anything in unless we ask.
Wierd allright. Must be a generic answer anytime you call them. ( i took nearly 80 phone calls before i got trough )

Regards,

NewIrish

Post by NewIrish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:26 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:

Regards,
I will tell you who get priorities, the ones who are on social welfare, applicant based on Sham marriage to EU or irish national , the one's who have court fines and convictions and asylum seekers !! 8)
Correct...because we the unlucky people we pay taxes and they are afraid we will leave the country once we get the passport.. but the ones on social welfare are "stuck" in the country.....

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:29 pm

robby1 wrote:hi guys, what is the email address for citizenship section ?
thanks
e-mail: citizenship@justice.ie

I always get a reply in an hour .
Not waiting any more

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:32 pm

NewIrish wrote:
waiting2beirish wrote:

Regards,
Correct...because we the unlucky people we pay taxes and they are afraid we will leave the country once we get the passport.. but the ones on social welfare are "stuck" in the country.....
As a matter of fact it is true , I have been paying huge tax & PRSI from the past 7 years and have no benefit

I am just waiting for the citizenship and will leave this country once I have the citizenship.
Not waiting any more

aljazair

Post by aljazair » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:37 pm

[quote="waiting2beirish"][quote="NewIrish"][quote="waiting2beirish"][quote="CitationCj2"]I rang the other day to see if there was any update. They told me they are awaiting on Garda report.

Regards,[/quote]

I will tell you who get priorities, the ones who are on social welfare, applicant based on Sham marriage to EU or irish national , the one's who have court fines and convictions and asylum seekers !! 8)[/quote]

Correct...because we the unlucky people we pay taxes and they are afraid we will leave the country once we get the passport.. but the ones on social welfare are "stuck" in the country.....[/quote]

As a matter of fact it is true , I have been paying huge tax & PRSI from the past 7 years and have no benefit

I am just waiting for the citizenship and will leave this country once I have the citizenship.[/quote] hi lads, any approval today it seem more approval coming this week. please share. tks

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:33 am

Thanks for e mail address '' waiting2beirish''.i probably e mail them in the morning ..

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:46 am

robby1 wrote:Thanks for e mail address '' waiting2beirish''.i probably e mail them in the morning ..
Quote your application ref number , hope you get a positive reply.
Not waiting any more

blessed_sinner

Post by blessed_sinner » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:30 am

[quote="waiting2beirish"][quote="robby1"]Thanks for e mail address '' waiting2beirish''.i probably e mail them in the morning ..[/quote]

Quote your application ref number , hope you get a positive reply.[/quote]

I emailed them yesterday and the same old message came back in less than 3 minutes. I wanted to update my address last week and they replied back in 8 minutes but nothing useful.

Very frustrating.

aya101

Post by aya101 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:53 am

Called today was told that the decision on my application will be posted in the next 2 weeks, I applied on October 2011 and my sister applied April 2012 her file is awaiting a garda report

robby1
BANNED

Post by robby1 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:06 pm

aya101 wrote:Called today was told that the decision on my application will be posted in the next 2 weeks, I applied on October 2011 and my sister applied April 2012 her file is awaiting a garda report

aya could you tell what basis you applied on ? i applied in oct 2011 aswell.

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Thu Nov 08, 2012 1:37 pm

Hi All,

Got a letter today from INIS saying the minister intends to approve my citizenship application, to send 950, GNIB card, 2 colored passport photographs and traveling document if applicable.

Praise God.. for this.. after such a long wait.. precisely 2 years and 4 months.. I doubt if i shall make the December ceremony though.

For those still waiting 1 year plus.. don't worry we will all get there..

assbc

Minister Discretion

Post by assbc » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:25 pm

I think the Minister has the power to give whoever he want to give Irish citizenship regardless if you are on SOCIAL WELFARE, CRIMINAL RECORD or SHAM MARRIAGE. I think we all should be praying for our turn to come not passing comments on giving people on social welfare, driving offences or sham marriage. We cannot force the minister to give out citizenship he has the discretion, he doe not care if you have being paying tax for hundred years, he has the power to deny you or grant you period.

waiting2beirish

Re: Minister Discretion

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:05 pm

assbc wrote:I think the Minister has the power to give whoever he want to give Irish citizenship regardless if you are on SOCIAL WELFARE, CRIMINAL RECORD or SHAM MARRIAGE. I think we all should be praying for our turn to come not passing comments on giving people on social welfare, driving offences or sham marriage. We cannot force the minister to give out citizenship he has the discretion, he doe not care if you have being paying tax for hundred years, he has the power to deny you or grant you period.
I agree the The Minster has power to give Irish citizenship to whoever he wishes, what upsets me is that if people on SOCIAL WELFARE, CRIMINAL RECORD or SHAM MARRIAGE and applicants who applied after me can get citizenship , then why not me ??? My application is delayed just because I have a clean record or I pay too much Tax and they fear that the moment I get my citizenship I will leave this country and go to USA "The land of opportunity and equality" .

Which I will 8)
Not waiting any more

waiting2beirish

Post by waiting2beirish » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:08 pm

minniepoe wrote:Hi All,

Got a letter today from INIS saying the minister intends to approve my citizenship application, to send 950, GNIB card, 2 colored passport photographs and traveling document if applicable.

Praise God.. for this.. after such a long wait.. precisely 2 years and 4 months.. I doubt if i shall make the December ceremony though.

Its good to know that you have got the approval letter , I guess they have not sent you the ceremony invite ? On what basis did u apply ?

I hope my wait ends soon too :?
Not waiting any more

minniepoe

Post by minniepoe » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:23 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:
Its good to know that you have got the approval letter , I guess they have not sent you the ceremony invite ? On what basis did u apply ?

I did not get the invite for the ceremony with the letter. only the intends to approve letter came in the post today. I guess i might have to wait for next year's ceremony.

I applied based on 5 years reckonable residency..
I say a big AMEN to your prayers.. you are next...

kuhasan
Newly Registered

Alhamdullilah

Post by kuhasan » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:47 pm

Hello everybody,

Surprisingly enough, My wife's application is approved and she got letter last week. She applied in Feb/Mar 2012 (this year) took almost 6 months for the approval. I applied in May 2011 but still waiting..

Beeline
Newly Registered

Re: E-mails to INIS

Post by Beeline » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:52 pm

kim_202 wrote:
Beeline I'm extremely sorry if I hurts ur feeling. I don't mean to....please sorry...
No problem, I understand, we are all under terrible pressure.

Immigrant43
BANNED

Post by Immigrant43 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:39 pm

Sorry i also heard that, irish people are sending letters of complaint against new Irish with the immigration and citizenship to tell them that, they should not give such immigrant anything in the state until removal order is serve to such immigrant.

Oh jeysus, if anyone did such prejudice letter against me, i will inform my lawyer straight away and sort such Irish people out and the state for prejudices.

Sometimes, Some officer's sort deportations order through the district court, and the judge struck it out, and tell them that, the guy has done nothing wrong, yet they still want to try their luck with justice minister. :lol:

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:29 pm

Immigrant43 wrote:Sorry i also heard that, irish people are sending letters of complaint against new Irish with the immigration and citizenship to tell them that, they should not give such immigrant anything in the state until removal order is serve to such immigrant.

Oh jeysus, if anyone did such prejudice letter against me, i will inform my lawyer straight away and sort such Irish people out and the state for prejudices.

Sometimes, Some officer's sort deportations order through the district court, and the judge struck it out, and tell them that, the guy has done nothing wrong, yet they still want to try their luck with justice minister. :lol:
Is that you angelcountry? :?:
Its never too late

Virgo
Ireland

Post by Virgo » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:19 pm

waiting2beirish wrote:
minniepoe wrote:Hi All,

Hi can any one tell me plz when is the next ceremony after december 2012. I mean on which month n date the ceremony will be held in 2013. Thanks

aya101

Post by aya101 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 pm

Next years ceremony is on February and I don't know the exact date information given to me when I had called inis

nedret
BANNED

Post by nedret » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:29 pm

Hi guys
Another stupid thing came from citizenship dept. one of my mate got a letter from them mentioned that your record or character with uk is not good.clerify yourself. Is there anyone got the same kind of letter.

aya101

Post by aya101 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:34 pm

robby1 wrote:
aya101 wrote:Called today was told that the decision on my application will be posted in the next 2 weeks, I applied on October 2011 and my sister applied April 2012 her file is awaiting a garda report

aya could you tell what basis you applied on ? i applied in oct 2011 aswell.
Stamp 4 and 5 years living in ireland