ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two PEO appointments can be trouble?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Two PEO appointments can be trouble?

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:37 am

Hi Forum,

I have a PEO appointment, but I am planning to book another one around 2 weeks from this one, just as a plan B.

If something goes wrong at my first appointment, I want to have a chance to have a second go rather than have to send my application by post.

I understand this will cost me a fortune to have to go to a second PEO appointment, but considering the waiting times are 5-6 months for postal application now, I am fine with it.

My only question is, is it ok to take 2 appointments with different usernames? Can I do this in the same PEO, or should I go for a different PEO?

I also heard UKBA sometimes cancel such appointments, people with personal experiences on this, please advise. I am really confused!

Regards
Challenges make life worth it!

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:33 pm

Any inputs people?

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:27 pm

While I find it wrong in principle to book more than one appointments but the way HO PEO system works is a shame really and there is no fall back apart from the postal application, in case something goes wrong in the first appointment. Needless to say, option of a postal application could easily turn into a disaster in case the application is declared invalid due to payment problem or a little omission.

As far as I have understood from the forum posts and my experience, duplicate appointments at the same PEO can be a real pain as the PEO staff will cancel any of the appointments, so you can be left with the one which you don't want really. I have not read any post so far where duplicate appointments at different PEOs have caused an issue but nothing can be said for sure what happens in future, its your call.

Why do you think that option of a second PEO would cost you a fortune. If you book your first appointment for Solihull, they don't charge you anything unless a decision in principle is made by the CW. Yes, the second appointment can cost you a fortune if you visit any other PEO.

HTH

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:31 pm

Thanks for the inputs pied_piper.

I agree that its wrong in principle to book two PEO appointment, but your explaination sums up my feelings perfectly.

My existing appointment is not at Solihull, so if I have to go to the second appointment, it will actually cost a fortune. They should have this post-paid scheme in all PEOs.

Anyways, I think I will stick to one appointment, as the current appointment is at exactly 28 days before visa expiry and at a convenient time. Not sure if I should risk the PEO folks cancelling this appoitment in favour of the later one I was planning to take.

Indy
Newly Registered

Post by Indy » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:08 pm

I am probably missing something in this conversation. I have a same day appointment at Croydon peo for a tier 1 dependant for my son. Do I need to pay the fee in advance?

Sorry for being thick.

pied_piper

Post by pied_piper » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:23 pm

Indy wrote:I am probably missing something in this conversation. I have a same day appointment at Croydon peo for a tier 1 dependant for my son. Do I need to pay the fee in advance?

Sorry for being thick.
If you read some of the ILR success stories, in all the PEOs except Solihull you have to pay the application fee "at the PEO" before your case is considered by the CW.

In Solihull, first CW considers your case and then you pay the application fee. So, if there is some problem with your application your fee doesn't go wasted. I am not sure what happens if your case is rejected after the consideration by CW, would they still charge the fee?

InUkOnHsmp
United Kingdom

Post by InUkOnHsmp » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:25 pm

Well in Croydon PEO payment comes first and then the case worker looks at your application and documents.

Only Solihull PEO has a system where they check documents first and from what I hear if your application is successful, you make the payment. I have not seen any case on the forum where application has been unsuccessful in Solihull, so cannot be sure what happens in that case.

But presumably in Solihull, you do not have to pay the fees if your application is not approved? Other members?