ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

can a student apply for discretionary leave? urgent help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lillypeters
Newly Registered

can a student apply for discretionary leave? urgent help

Post by lillypeters » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:34 pm

Hi all, pls my brother is at a cross road and need help. He has been on a student visa and his visa is about to expire in january. He does not want to leave the country and cant find a tier 2 sponsor. He has kids aged 5 and 4 and the wife is currently pregnan.

He wants to put in an application for discretionary leave based on the family route.
Pls can anyone advice what chances he has.
Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Is his wife a settled resident of the UK?

lillypeters
Newly Registered

Post by lillypeters » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:24 pm

Thanks for your response. His wife is not a British citizen nor doe she have any form of visa. I think this is what makes it a bit complex.

Pls what can he do as he is in such a bad situation.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Even if he could switch to T2, the wife has no chance to regularize her status. I could recommend a travel agency! I have no other suggestions.