ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About job role

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

catscratches
Newly Registered

About job role

Post by catscratches » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:39 pm

I'm switching from PSW to T1 entrepreneur. I have a retail shop which has been running for one year now. I had registered as a LTD company 1 year ago and the shop is running under the name of the company. Apart from the director, I'm also working as the Finance Manager of the company. I'm wondering if this job role is ok for the Level 4 requirement. I have already read the table on UKBA website but I feel it's really confusing. I hope to get some idea please...

ziaul
Newly Registered

job title under tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by ziaul » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:09 pm

'finance manager' of acompany is more than level 4 equivalent, infact it is level 6 equivalent job. but the problem here is that, the type of business you are running, as you are doing retail that does not come under the type of business from which you can claim you are doing 'Fiance manager' job. if you have a consultany providing finace and insurance related service then you can claim you are working as a finance manager under that consultancy for the reason of Level 4 or aboev job titile. from retail if you show you are working as a 'retail manager' that will come under level 3 eqiuivalent job.

catscratches
Newly Registered

Re: job title under tier 1 entrepreneur

Post by catscratches » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Thank you. How about job like "purchasing manager" which appears in the "section S" as level 6?
ziaul wrote:'finance manager' of acompany is more than level 4 equivalent, infact it is level 6 equivalent job. but the problem here is that, the type of business you are running, as you are doing retail that does not come under the type of business from which you can claim you are doing 'Fiance manager' job. if you have a consultany providing finace and insurance related service then you can claim you are working as a finance manager under that consultancy for the reason of Level 4 or aboev job titile. from retail if you show you are working as a 'retail manager' that will come under level 3 eqiuivalent job.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Nov 10, 2012 4:57 pm

What sort of shop is it?

catscratches
Newly Registered

Post by catscratches » Sat Nov 10, 2012 5:14 pm

A retail shop, also provide some services for customers. Purchase from China...
PaperPusher wrote:What sort of shop is it?

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:21 pm

What products does the shop sell?

catscratches
Newly Registered

Post by catscratches » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:42 pm

Different small stuff, accessories, etc. Does it make any difference?
PaperPusher wrote:What products does the shop sell?

smehmood
BANNED

Post by smehmood » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:05 am

catscratches wrote:Different small stuff, accessories, etc. Does it make any difference?
PaperPusher wrote:What products does the shop sell?
Hi

it might hurt you but still i would advise you to think about another business. hope you would,nt mind for my advise.

thanks
Shaukat