ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

urgent help needed please !!!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

berkberk
Newly Registered

urgent help needed please !!!

Post by berkberk » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:00 pm

Dear all

my wife eea wants divorce and iam non-eea holding eea2 since december last year
we beeing married for one year and live together for one year in the UK ,after i got my RC eea2 my wife applied for PR and she got it now cause she is in the uk for long time ?? what will happen if she divorce me ??

please help

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:17 pm

It seems like you will loose your right of residence if you divorce now, except if you have a child together, or you were a victim of domestic violence.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

berkberk
Newly Registered

Post by berkberk » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:00 pm

thank u Obie , thats a big prob , no we dont hv a child , how can i prove iam victim of domestic violence ? if she divorce me now do i hv to inform the HO , wht if i didnt inform HO and i remarry again ??
Obie wrote:It seems like you will loose your right of residence if you
divorce now, except if you have a child together, or you were a victim of domestic violence.

waki

hi

Post by waki » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:35 pm

Hi
you dont have to divorce her,u can just dissappear,she cant divorce you without your consent.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:18 pm

In some aspect you may be right. The person does not loose right of residence until divorce, but divorce can in certain circumstance be obtained without consent, provided the person was aware of the process.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

waki

Post by waki » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:47 pm

Yes Obie,
I am not necessarily advocating running away as no sane person would do that,especially when you realise that your well being is dependant on being married to your partner but sometimes drastic problem demands drastic solution.

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: hi

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:52 am

waki wrote:you dont have to divorce her,u can just dissappear,she cant divorce you without your consent.
In that case she could (and probably would) simply report him as a missing person, which would mean a whole lot more problems than he had before. It is a sure-fire way to end up on the police national computer.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:24 am

That is not the best solution as even if the OP was to disappear and manages to stay married for 3 years, the EEA spouse documents would still be required for obtaining RoR like proof of exercising treaty rights, also I dont see how you can stay in a marriage for an exyta 2 years if its on the verge of collapsing, I would try to make the marriage work as clealry there are bigger issues with a divorce rather than just the right to live in a country.

Try to make things work and see if they improve.
All the best
waki wrote:Hi
you dont have to divorce her,u can just dissappear,she cant divorce you without your consent.

berkberk
Newly Registered

Post by berkberk » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:51 am

yeah i dont think to desapear is a solution . iwill try my hard to make this marriage work , if not she go to hell and her papers i will go back my country , i used to live better life then this .

thank you guys

katika
Newly Registered

contracts of employement????????????

Post by katika » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi guys...I just finished my hubbies eea4 application(I am eea national) and I understand that we only need to send my proof of employment for last 5 years but just got myself confused by reading this forum....now I am wondering if I need to send my hubbies contracts for last 5 years too....can someone help? i want to send it tomorrow....