ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ravikd

British Citizenship

Post by ravikd » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:53 pm

Hello,

I am applying for British citizenship next months. I have gone through the document list and found the following suitable for me as I am a director of my limited company.

1.My passport
2.Life in UK test certificate
3.Tax return of current year.

Can anyone of you please advise whether anything else is required.

Thanks.

bobobo

Re: British Citizenship - Tax Documents

Post by bobobo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:00 am

The Self assesment statement issues by HMRC should be attached as well if you have been in business long enough, either wayss get a letter from your acccountants to confirm all is in order signed and stamped on the letterhead
ravikd wrote:Hello,

I am applying for British citizenship next months. I have gone through the document list and found the following suitable for me as I am a director of my limited company.

1.My passport

Thanks.

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:31 pm

bobobo wrote:The Self assesment statement issues by HMRC should be attached as well if you have been in business long enough, either wayss get a letter from your acccountants to confirm all is in order signed and stamped on the letterhead

1.My passport

Thanks.
Thanks for your reply. This is my first year as a self-employed. Rest of the five years, I was on payroll of different companies. So Do I need to show P60 forms for all the years or just the current year's self assessment letter.

Thanks.

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:35 pm

only self assesment letter, HO have your NIno and can check info using this with HMRC
ravikd wrote:
bobobo wrote:The Self assesment statement issues by HMRC should be attached as well if you have been in business long enough, either wayss get a letter from your acccountants to confirm all is in order signed and stamped on the letterhead

1.My passport

Thanks.
Thanks for your reply. This is my first year as a self-employed. Rest of the five years, I was on payroll of different companies. So Do I need to show P60 forms for all the years or just the current year's self assessment letter.

Thanks.

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Hi Guys,

Can someone please advise whether I can use a director of a 'DORMANT' limited company as my referee for British Citizenship application.

Thanks.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Is the company a "public" limited company or a "private" limited company? If the latter, how many directors does the company have? Is it a VAT registered company? Since when has the company been dormant?

Anyone can become a director of a private limited company. This doesn't make him/her a person of professional standing.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ravikd

Post by ravikd » Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:33 am

It's a private limited VAT registered company.My friend is a director of the company. The company is active now but will be dormant in next two months.
My assumption is that as long as a company is not dissolved,it has to be treated as a 'legal' entity because it has to file returns to HMRC.

A director of a company is liable to a 'limited extent' and that's the reason, one has to take public liability and personal indemnity insurances to cover any risk arisen due to business of one's company.

Please share your thoughts.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:57 pm

Annex A lists "Director/Manager/Personnel Officer of a VAT registered Company" as an acceptable professional person.

Should be okay.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!