ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can Sponsor change jobs in middle of application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

srcom
Newly Registered

Can Sponsor change jobs in middle of application

Post by srcom » Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:45 am

Hi all,

This is my first post after lurking around these forums for the past few weeks.

SOME BACKGROUND

I am a British citizen sponsoring my wife's application for a UK Settlement Visa. The application was made on the 3rd October 2012 and has been under process since 10th October 2012. We're assuming it will take until early January 2013 (12 weeks) to hear anything back.

I work for a well known international media company. My salary is significantly above the required threshold of £18.5k and I've been at my current job for over two years. However, I've recently been approached by another company (a bigger global brand) who are offering a pay packet which is almost double my current salary for a similar role! Normally, it'd be a no-brainer... but I'm in two minds because of the application.

THE QUESTION

So, my question is; If I change jobs in the middle of the application, will it have an adverse affect on the outcome?

I think the worst case scenario is that they try to contact my current manager/job because we put this on the application and if I leave then they may not get a response or be told that I don't work there?!

Has anyone else been through a similar situation?
Is there any way to update the application or let someone (e.g. UKBA) know that I am changing jobs?

Bringing my wife here is more important than doubling my salary - but it would be very sweet to have both :)

bobobo

Re: Can Sponsor change jobs in middle of application

Post by bobobo » Sun Nov 11, 2012 12:47 pm

You should be fine as there is no negative Financial impact. I would send a copy of the offer/contract to the HO so you keep them informed and there will no "adverse" impact dude

srcom wrote:Hi all,

This is my first post after lurking around these forums for the past few weeks.

SOME BACKGROUND

I am a British citizen sponsoring my wife's application for a UK Settlement Visa. The application was made on the 3rd October 2012 and has been under process since 10th October 2012. We're assuming it will take until early January 2013 (12 weeks) to hear anything back.

I work for a well known international media company. My salary is significantly above the required threshold of £18.5k and I've been at my current job for over two years. However, I've recently been approached by another company (a bigger global brand) who are offering a pay packet which is almost double my current salary for a similar role! Normally, it'd be a no-brainer... but I'm in two minds because of the application.

THE QUESTION

So, my question is; If I change jobs in the middle of the application, will it have an adverse affect on the outcome?

I think the worst case scenario is that they try to contact my current manager/job because we put this on the application and if I leave then they may not get a response or be told that I don't work there?!

Has anyone else been through a similar situation?
Is there any way to update the application or let someone (e.g. UKBA) know that I am changing jobs?

Bringing my wife here is more important than doubling my salary - but it would be very sweet to have both :)

srcom
Newly Registered

Post by srcom » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:11 pm

@bobobo, thanks for the reply.

Any ideas who (what department) to address the letter to when contacting the Home Office?