ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

10 years long residence applications

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

syed8550
Newly Registered

Post by syed8550 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:15 am

hi
does biometric invitation arrive through royal mail as i am moved temporarily and redirected my all mail to different address??????

manish mehta
Newly Registered

Post by manish mehta » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:44 am

syed8550 wrote:hi
does biometric invitation arrive through royal mail as i am moved temporarily and redirected my all mail to different address??????
No problem brother.
I also changed my address before bio metrics and did redirection.Got the bio letter via redirection way...

lambu1
Newly Registered

Home address change

Post by lambu1 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:51 am

I applied in this category on the 16th of Aug and I am moving home soon (in the same city) - Although my correspondence address is my work one - My home address (to which my biometric enrolment letter was sent to) is changing within a few weeks.

Do I need to call the number to request address change? - does anyone have experience in this?

Is this likely to slow down my application process?

any help would be appreciated.

hope123
Newly Registered

For everyone

Post by hope123 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:06 pm

RK001002
Newly Registered

10 years long residence

Post by RK001002 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:58 pm

Like most of you I am also waiting patiently and wanted to be added to the spreadsheet.

Application sent: 1 Sept 2012
Acknowledgment letter received: 7 Sept 2012
Biometrics letter: 15 Nov 2012
Biometrics done: 16 Nov 2012
Approval letter: Waiting
Passport : Waiting

Thanks
Last edited by RK001002 on Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Damanisshallo
Respected Guru

Re: For everyone

Post by Damanisshallo » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:25 pm

Will this make any difference????????

mkhan991
Newly Registered

Re: 10 years long residence

Post by mkhan991 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:41 pm

RK001002 wrote:Like most of you I am also waiting patiently and wanted to be added to the spreadsheet.

Application sent: 1 Sept 2012
Acknowledgment letter received: 7 Sept 2012
Biometrics submitted with the application
Biometrics received: Waiting
Passport received: Waiting

Thanks
Hi...I'm wondering how did you do biometric with
The application?

rohitchy
Newly Registered

Fingers crossed !

Post by rohitchy » Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi Guys,

I strongly believe, all April and May Aplicants will get their results by end of November and June applicants will get in December before Christmas.

Do not worry too much guys ! I pray for all.

Thanks with regards.

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Re: Any May applicants left?

Post by liveinhope » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:05 pm

dias5 wrote:
liveinhope wrote:Are there any May applicants still waiting? I am still waiting. My solicitor asks for more money if I wanted them to submit a complaint, I have already spent a lot of money, and I dont really want to spend more.. This is bleeding me dry... in every possible way.
Solicitors rip so many off!! I am a May applicant! Biometrics Aug still waiting.
postal application - no solicitor
Thanks ! and I could not agree more. My case wasnt straightforward so I had to apply via a solicitor. I am struggling to stay sane. Good luck and God bless us all.

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Re: ILR recieved

Post by tinaysf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Desigirl wrote:Good news folks, I collected my ILR today from my solicitor, I have a sneaky feeling that they had my ILR for the past two (2) weeks but told me today, I wish each and every one of you success with your application, you want to be here, you chose to have your life here, and I know that you will not take it for granted. I thank God and my loved ones for giving me the strength and teaching me patience.

Application date: 08-May-2012
Acknowledgement letter date: 18-May-2012
Fee taken on 10-May-2012
Bio letter: 04-July-2012
Bio data submitted: 05-July-2012
BPR issued: 24-October-2012
BPR + docs received: 05-November-2012

Information that I consider relevant to others:

August 2004 : My passport was not stamped at Heathrow when I returned from vacation.

April 2008 : My student visa application was returned due to incorrect background, within one (1) week I had sent the correct photos.

September 2011 : I won my PSW case with First tier tribunal, however, 4 months after my win, an appeal was made by Home office (which was allowed!) I had to go to the Upper tribunal (case heard January 2012). While waiting for the decision I was already within my “qualifying period” to apply for ILR, my solicitor advised that I had to wait for the decision before I can apply for ILR.

January 2012: Case heard in upper Tribunal

April 2012 : Eligible to apply for ILR but still waiting for decision from Upper tribunal.

May 2012 : Decision received, I did not win but I had 14 days to take the matter to High Court, instead I made my application for ILR.

October 2012: ILR granted.

I was overwhelmed by my emotions today, it was a great feeling of accomplishment, try to visualise the moment you get your IlR, the easier a goal is to see, the closer it seems. Best of luck to you all who are waiting, I will keep you in my prayers.

Hi, i had similar situation like you i won my appeal for psw in september 2011 but HO further appealed to upper tribunal. 10 years completed in jan 2012 but waiting for decision from upper tribunal . Decision came in feb 2012 I didnot win instead i made an application for 10 years long residency................... still waiting for outcome sometimes become hopeless that it will never come or they might refuse as i didnot had valid leave from may 2011 till i became eligible for 10 years in jan 2012 I was on section 3c leave which i dont know HO will consider as legal stay in UK for 10 years long residency. Really the waiting time is very stressful

tinaysf
Newly Registered

Post by tinaysf » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:00 pm

liveinhope wrote:
dias5 wrote:
liveinhope wrote:Are there any May applicants still waiting? I am still waiting. My solicitor asks for more money if I wanted them to submit a complaint, I have already spent a lot of money, and I dont really want to spend more.. This is bleeding me dry... in every possible way.
Solicitors rip so many off!! I am a May applicant! Biometrics Aug still waiting.
Thanks ! and I could not agree more. My case wasnt straightforward so I had to apply via a solicitor. I am struggling to stay sane. Good luck and God bless us all.
what complications do you had as I was on section 3c leave for 7 months on completion to 10 years that 's the only complications I had no gap no absences still waiting for outcome 9 months.............

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:34 pm

tinaysf wrote:
liveinhope wrote:
dias5 wrote:
what complications do you had as I was on section 3c leave for 7 months on completion to 10 years that 's the only complications I had no gap no absences still waiting for outcome 9 months.............
Well although my 10yrs were completed last year, I was rejected on an existing visa due to their own blunder with the payment, They admitted it, but it was after a long battle. There really shouldnt be any more complications than that , but i guess they are looking into everything happened in the past again. Whatever it is they are doing, they are not doing fast enough.

dd202
Newly Registered

Post by dd202 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:16 am

Hey Guys, this year in September I completed 10 year of residence & qualify for ILR. But there was a slight problem, my existing leave on Tier 2 fell 3 weeks short of 10 years minus 28 days. So I had to consult a solicitor who advised me to apply with FLR(O) before my Tier 2 leave expired to make up those 3 weeks with Section 3C leave and then vary the application with SET(O) form once I made up the time for 10 years properly. This all sounded solid advice to me & after my own research into UKBA policies and guidelines I couldn't disagree with the solicitor. This was the best way to make up for the shortfall. I sent the FLR(O) form in August and once I made up for those 3 weeks & qualified for 10 years I immediately sent the SET(O) form mid-september to vary the initial FLR(O). I only had to pay the full amount of fees for FLR(O) + the difference in fees between the FLR(O) and SET(O) applications which is altogether less then 1000 pounds. That was fine for me & I could afford it. But now it's the painful and at times frustrating wait which is killing me. It has been almost 3 months now since my initial FLR(O) application in early August and I still have no invitation for biometric appointment :( I don't foresee any major problems with my ILR application as I had no gaps in the last 10 years and all applications for visa renewals or leave to remain was made on time. I had 8 years as student + 1 year as SEGS + 1 year as Tier 2 general wp holder. I also have a clean history and background, no unspent convictions etc. Has anyone here faced similar situation or know of anyone with a similar background? Will my application processing be delayed more than usual because my original FLR(O) application superseded by the SET(O) application? It's frustrating to wait so long, 3 months now, no passport and to further complicate matters, I have recently been offered a job which I can't start because I don't have my Sorry to sound so negative, I am sure there are people out there much worse than me.

Khall75

Post by Khall75 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:00 am

Hi all
I applied for my ILR 10 years basis on 11th may 20012 still waiting
My timeline
Applied 11/05/12
Money taken 18/05/12
Ack letter 20/05/12
Bio letter 31/08/12
Bio done 31/08/12
Still waiting

s4sam
Newly Registered

All JUNE-12 applicants

Post by s4sam » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:20 pm

Hi All,

Did anyone who applied in June-12 got their decision yet? I applied on the 06/06/12 and planning my next move. I need to start "chasing" the UKBA very soon. :roll:

Why are they taking so long? - I am sure back log or whatever can be resolved with additional resources.

Sam

hash_1310
Newly Registered

Post by hash_1310 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi All,
Did anyone, who applied ILR based on 10 yrs ion 14 June 2012 got any good new?

NOG
Member of Standing

Post by NOG » Sat Nov 10, 2012 3:17 pm

Not been on the forum for a while, for those who have got there ILR's, many congratulations. For those who are waiting, keep the faith folks.
Fingers and toes crossed for all.

mmakhan

flr m query

Post by mmakhan » Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:23 pm

hi guys my current status is teir 1 i have applied for ilr in september.my wife's my dependant her visa is gonna expire in 2013 i want to apply for her extension using flr m form now the issue is if i dont receive my ilr by 2013 can i still be able to apply for my wife's visa using flr m form.i am so confused are there any possibilities to do so if yes how should i deal with this situation.
what documents i need to send with her application?
any covering letter?

SGP2103
Newly Registered

Post by SGP2103 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:58 pm

Guys,

Congrats to everyone who applied in August and got their biometrics appointment. I know it feels like a long wait but at least you now know that your application is valid!

Quick update on my application:

Was also expecting biometrics invitation but received my application back on 09/11 because I forgot to tick one of the boxes in Section 7! Doh! They've asked me to fill it in and send back asap- I was given a return envelope with an HO ref number and dept number.

Anyone else got experience with invalid applications and having to send back? Does this delay the process significantly?

Cheers,

SGP

smshad

Re: flr m query

Post by smshad » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:55 pm

Hi,
I am on Tier -1 as well and I applied on 13th August and still waiting for Biometric invitation. I am not expecting my ILR decision before my wife’s visa expires in Feb 2013.

I have explained in detail below so you don’t have to do all this research.

I contacted a Solicitor whom I knew in personal capacity and he advised that if my ILR decision is not received before my wife’s visa expires then I will have to apply her extension as Tier-1 dependant because until an application is decided the current status carry on. Then I called Home Office and they advised me the same as the Solicitor did.

Then I contacted few members from this forum and they have applied on FLR (M) including a covering letter that main applicant’s application is under process. One of the members was advised by his solicitor and Home Office as well to apply on FLR (M). And you can also see on the previous days post that one applicant’s wife also had Biometric done.

So, after receiving two different suggestions I called Home Office again and asked if they could give me an email address so I can write to them and get a written reply because Home Office is giving different advise. Girl on the phone said there is no email address for Immigration Enquiry team. When I asked her how to apply for dependant if ILR on 10 years category is pending then first she said as a Tier-1 dependant. When I told her that some other advisors at Home Office suggested that dependant can apply on FLR (M) including a covering letter and main applicant’s acknowledgment letter then she said you can do that as well and if the caseworker require to contact main applicant’s case worker, he/she will do it.

I have decided that I will apply for my wife’s on FLR (M) even if I don’t get my ILR till that time.

[quote="mmakhan"]hi guys my current status is teir 1 i have applied for ilr in september.my wife's my dependant her visa is gonna expire in 2013 i want to apply for her extension using flr m form now the issue is if i dont receive my ilr by 2013 can i still be able to apply for my wife's visa using flr m form.i am so confused are there any possibilities to do so if yes how should i deal with this situation.
what documents i need to send with her application?
any covering letter?[/quote]

smshad

Post by smshad » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:01 pm

Hi,

You are lucky mate that they did not refuse your application otherwise you would have lost your fee. At least you have find out that your application is in process and they have gone through your form. Keep a note of return address and department number so you can contact them them in future in case of any delays.

When did you apply?
SGP2103 wrote:Guys,

Congrats to everyone who applied in August and got their biometrics appointment. I know it feels like a long wait but at least you now know that your application is valid!

Quick update on my application:

Was also expecting biometrics invitation but received my application back on 09/11 because I forgot to tick one of the boxes in Section 7! Doh! They've asked me to fill it in and send back asap- I was given a return envelope with an HO ref number and dept number.

Anyone else got experience with invalid applications and having to send back? Does this delay the process significantly?

Cheers,

SGP

smshad

Re: Home address change

Post by smshad » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi,
One of my friend had similar situation as yours in his PSW visa this year and he changed his address.

You can also refer to links below.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas ... ement/brp/
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... geAddress/
lambu1 wrote:I applied in this category on the 16th of Aug and I am moving home soon (in the same city) - Although my correspondence address is my work one - My home address (to which my biometric enrolment letter was sent to) is changing within a few weeks.

Do I need to call the number to request address change? - does anyone have experience in this?

Is this likely to slow down my application process?

any help would be appreciated.

liveinhope
Newly Registered

Post by liveinhope » Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:39 pm

Khall75 wrote:Hi all
I applied for my ILR 10 years basis on 11th may 20012 still waiting
My timeline
Applied 11/05/12
Money taken 18/05/12
Ack letter 20/05/12
Bio letter 31/08/12
Bio done 31/08/12
Still waiting
My timeline is pretty much the same as yours, waiting in limbo
very stressful indeed.

emc123
Newly Registered

biometrics requirement

Post by emc123 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:15 pm

Hi

I've been reading the posts in this community and I was wondering if anyone knew whether biometric details will be collected again if the last visa was on a BRP ?

I applied for 10 year long residence and my dates are as below
can someone please update to skydrive:
submitted: 01/09/2012
acknowledgement sent: 04/09/2012
payment taken: 06/09/2012
Biomentrics - not sure if it needs to be re-subbmitted / not received
BRP (ILR), passport - waiting.

Thanks
Madhu

Desigirl
Newly Registered

Re: ILR recieved

Post by Desigirl » Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:01 pm

tinaysf wrote:
Desigirl wrote:Good news folks, I collected my ILR today from my solicitor, I have a sneaky feeling that they had my ILR for the past two (2) weeks but told me today, I wish each and every one of you success with your application, you want to be here, you chose to have your life here, and I know that you will not take it for granted. I thank God and my loved ones for giving me the strength and teaching me patience.

Application date: 08-May-2012
Acknowledgement letter date: 18-May-2012
Fee taken on 10-May-2012
Bio letter: 04-July-2012
Bio data submitted: 05-July-2012
BPR issued: 24-October-2012
BPR + docs received: 05-November-2012

Information that I consider relevant to others:

August 2004 : My passport was not stamped at Heathrow when I returned from vacation.

April 2008 : My student visa application was returned due to incorrect background, within one (1) week I had sent the correct photos.

September 2011 : I won my PSW case with First tier tribunal, however, 4 months after my win, an appeal was made by Home office (which was allowed!) I had to go to the Upper tribunal (case heard January 2012). While waiting for the decision I was already within my “qualifying period” to apply for ILR, my solicitor advised that I had to wait for the decision before I can apply for ILR.

January 2012: Case heard in upper Tribunal

April 2012 : Eligible to apply for ILR but still waiting for decision from Upper tribunal.

May 2012 : Decision received, I did not win but I had 14 days to take the matter to High Court, instead I made my application for ILR.

October 2012: ILR granted.

I was overwhelmed by my emotions today, it was a great feeling of accomplishment, try to visualise the moment you get your IlR, the easier a goal is to see, the closer it seems. Best of luck to you all who are waiting, I will keep you in my prayers.

Hi, i had similar situation like you i won my appeal for psw in september 2011 but HO further appealed to upper tribunal. 10 years completed in jan 2012 but waiting for decision from upper tribunal . Decision came in feb 2012 I didnot win instead i made an application for 10 years long residency................... still waiting for outcome sometimes become hopeless that it will never come or they might refuse as i didnot had valid leave from may 2011 till i became eligible for 10 years in jan 2012 I was on section 3c leave which i dont know HO will consider as legal stay in UK for 10 years long residency. Really the waiting time is very stressful
Yes tinaysf, we both have similar circumstances, I had to quickly submit my ILR application after I received my decision (my visa ran out while waiting for the decision). I understand your stress very well. Be strong and don't give up, it helps to speak to your friends or loved ones about your stress. These solicitors are no help really, they just take your money. I wish I had found this website before I made my application.You will get your ILR soon.