ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BN7 - PERSON APPLYING AS THE HUSBAND, WIFE OR CIVIL PARTNER

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

thewolfman21

BN7 - PERSON APPLYING AS THE HUSBAND, WIFE OR CIVIL PARTNER

Post by thewolfman21 » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:28 pm

Can someone please shed some light on BN7 Section 6(f)

B. REQUIREMENTS FOR A PERSON APPLYING AS THE HUSBAND, WIFE OR CIVIL PARTNER OF A BRITISH CITIZEN
f. be the husband, wife or (from 5 December 2005) the civil partner of a British citizen on the date the application is received; and

I don't understand what 5 December 2005 refers to?

My situation - HSMP - ILR - Citizenship (early 2013).
Once i get my citizenship i wanted to apply for my wife who has resided in UK for 3 years and is currently on ILR.

Thanks

Gyfrinachgar
Member of Standing

Re: BN7 - PERSON APPLYING AS THE HUSBAND, WIFE OR CIVIL PART

Post by Gyfrinachgar » Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:30 pm

thewolfman21 wrote:I don't understand what 5 December 2005 refers to?
To the Civil Partnership Act 2005, which came into force on the 5th of December 2005. From that date, civil partners had most of the same rights as husbands. This is only relevant for same-sex partneships.

P.S.: Could someone please explain me why the server translates same-se_x into same-gender? What is wrong with the term, has it become politically incorrect recently??