ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is the Sponsorship undertaking form required for partners?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

parasiteslost

Is the Sponsorship undertaking form required for partners?

Post by parasiteslost » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:01 am

Hi all,

Is th Sponsorship Undertaking form - SU07/12 required for married partner visas of ILR sponsors?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... p-form.pdf

parasiteslost

Post by parasiteslost » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:22 pm

I found my answer here:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/polic ... ecb/ecb12/
ECB12.3 Sponsor undertakings on maintenance and accommodation

As with undertakings from an applicant (see above), the ECO should only require an undertaking from a sponsor in exceptional circumstances or for certain categories eg parents, grandparents and other dependent relatives under Rule 317 of the Immigration Rules.

riversidecreations

Post by riversidecreations » Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:52 pm

(14) refusal by a sponsor of a person seeking leave to enter the United Kingdom to give, if requested to do so, an undertaking in writing to be responsible for that person's maintenance and accommodation for the period of any leave granted;

I'm mentioning this because my wife's application was refused because the undertaking was not provided. The ECO mentioned that it was requested and that I had failed to provide which is not true. I would suggest you submit an undertaking form just to make sure you cover everything.
Sujan
-------------------------
Application Submitted : 27/08/2012
Application refused :( - 09/11/2012
Appeal Lodged : 15/11/2012
ECM to respond by : 30/04/2012
DOT Letter received : 24/04/2013
Passport/Visa Collected : 14/05/2013

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm

No

This form is to be only used for elderly dependant relatives.

There are other sponsorship declaration forms available for spouse and partner's application.

In fact one can draw one up themselves, and it does not need to be sgned by a solicitor :wink: