ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

hsmp ends 21st feb, but wedding on 17th feb outside uk! help

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

snazzy
Newly Registered

hsmp ends 21st feb, but wedding on 17th feb outside uk! help

Post by snazzy » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:14 am

Hi everyone,

my initial hsmp expires on the 21st of february and my wedding has been fixed for the 17th of the same month. I don't know what to do. wedding was fixed before the new changes.

The new changes affect my earned income and so i think i need to wait till after janury before i apply so that that salary counts for income earned. I have been employed in 2 different companies since april.

I don't know what to do, shouid i go for the wedding and then come back and submit my application and by so doing i can also add my wife's name as a dependant as she is not in the uk living with me.

I feel this is th only option open to me other than moving the wedding (which i really dont want to do as so much has been spent in preparations)

Please i would appreciate any contributions

foobar
Newly Registered

FLR - Premium service

Post by foobar » Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:50 am

This is a premium service that enables you to get your decision on the same day as your appointment if your application is straightforward and complete. You should bring all the documents requested on page 10 of the application form.
http://www.workingintheuk.gov.uk/workin ... __faq.html

shockboy2000
Member of Standing

Post by shockboy2000 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:33 am

that cannot be used for HSMP. The link you supply clearly states who can use it.
HSMP people also use a different form.

foobar
Newly Registered

Apologies for the wrong post

Post by foobar » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:53 pm

FLR(IED) cannot be used in this case.

rella

Post by rella » Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:10 pm

When is your flight booked?

Try contacting the FLR Team tomorrow and explain your situation. If you have enough salary by Feb 1 or so (can your company get your payslip to you early next week for January?), you can ask for urgent treatment and explain that your wedding was planned long before the change in rules.

Call them in the morning and ask for their advice. If you send off your passport before the wedding, then call them every day to make sure they get a caseworker assigned and get it processed quickly. They can turn these applications around quickly if they need to.

Good luck.

webhunter
Member of Standing

Post by webhunter » Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:08 pm

in these kind of situations, I would advice are best dealt with directly speaking to Home Office, because they are the ones who can give you the accurate info and any confirmation or procedures involved in it.

All I can say is, you can not claim points for what you are likely to earn at a later date (from the date of the application)

snazzy
Newly Registered

Post by snazzy » Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:01 pm

my flight is not booked yet, but i have asked from solicitors and they have both told me that they think it is wise to submit the application as you have advised and that i should just move the wedding as they don't think it would be fast-tracked. I called the home office and they adviced me not to travel. :(

So i am submitting and have shifted the wedding. thanks for your advice