ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA Acknowledgement

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Jibo

UKBA Acknowledgement

Post by Jibo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:29 am

Good Day Good people

I'm in UK as a Tier 1 dependant; my wife is main applicant and we have sent our application by post to Home office and got acknowledgement but my name is not on the letter. i have a good job that pays £40k+ and employer wants letter from HO to show visa processing is on going.

Anyone been in this situation before? Would need advice on how to go about it please.

Adojay

Post by Adojay » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:10 pm

Am not sure which names usually appear on UKBA acknowlegement letters. As the letter is only what it is, "an acknowlegement", I don't believe making reference to dependants proves anything. For your peace of mind (regarding your employer), the main applicant can write to UKBA to clarify this.

This happened to me several years back, but I believe my spouse's employer directly contacted UKBA to confirm application was received and awaiting decision. Best pressing your HR to do same if your spouse is unable to obtain a letter clarifying this from them.

Just my 2 pence!

Kind regards
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

- Vince Lombardi

Jibo

Post by Jibo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Thanks so much Adojah for your response. The Lord will also meet you at the point of youe need.

Please do you have an idea of the number to call or if anyone has one o r has been in this situation before.

Thanks