ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

OLD FLR(M) waiting times Thread

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

crowline

Re: Finally!

Post by crowline » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:44 pm

hi ako congs U finally left the waiting list! wondering did U send them both U and yr partners statements/payslips. or did they require only yrs? am worried coz my partner is unemployed at the moment and she's actually outa country on long holiday. thx

saiful.developer
Newly Registered

FLR(M) July Applicant

Post by saiful.developer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:18 pm

Hi All , Thanks for your contrubution . I am July Applicant. Any news for July Application ...
My Time Line :

Visa Type: FLR(M)
Application Date : 01/07/2012
AcknowledgeMent Letter : 04/07/2012
Biometric submitted : 01/09/2012
Then Nothing happend ...
Still Waiting ...

Still.Waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:25 pm

crowline wrote:hi ako congs U finally left the waiting list! wondering did U send them both U and yr partners statements/payslips. or did they require only yrs? am worried coz my partner is unemployed at the moment and she's actually outa country on long holiday. thx
I am exactly in the same situation except my sponsor just got back from abroad :/ so freaking worried about that cos i see so many of febs applicants are requested to submit pay slips and statements.

annieak
Newly Registered

Post by annieak » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:
ako wrote:Some good Monday morning news.... my documents have finally arrived, now just waiting for BRP.

After receiving a letter last Wednesday requesting a copy of our last 3 payslips and last 3 bank statements, we had the relief knowing that someone was now actually looking at the application almost 9 months later

Date applied/docs sent: 20/02/2012
Date application received by UKBA: 21/02/2012
Date received ack. letter: 22/02/2012
Date biometrics booking letter arrived: 21/03/2012
Date biometrics appointment: 30/03/2012
Date passport/docs received from HO: 12/11/2012 (dated 09/11/2012)
Biometrics card received: Waiting
Congrates ako - did you actually send them the pay slips and bank statements ?
just a quick question, did you send full bank statments or only first page. thanks .

habib_motiwala
Newly Registered

09 months and still waiting

Post by habib_motiwala » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:39 pm

HI All

Just wanted your advice, I have applied my wife FLRM on 08th Feb 2012 and still have waiting for UKBA decision. I did contact my MP who wrote to UKBA , that my wife is pregnant and soon she wouldn’t be able to fly, UKBA has replied saying that since her situation is considered not to be critical ( parent's ill, or dying), she would had to wait for her turn.

It’s been 9 months now and UKBA is still saying it under progress. Should I go to solicitor or should send an email complain to UKBA or should i continue to way

All your comments and advices are welcome

Time line:
Applied: 08th Feb 2012
Bio metrics: 04th April 2012
UKBA decision: still waiting

ako
Newly Registered

Post by ako » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:58 pm

Crowline - We had to send my partners as well as my bank statements and pay slips. If you do get the letter, they specify exactly what statements they require.

Annieak - 'Detailed statements' were requested which we interpreted (it seems correctly) to be the full statements as they wanted to see balance history.
Last edited by ako on Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

backagain

Post by backagain » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:59 pm

LE80 wrote:Hi everyone

We sent in an email on the 5th with the return of documents form saying that we really wanted to travel at the end of the month, so we were prepared to cancel the application if they could not make their decision soon. So they made the decision!
LE80, that was pretty risky approach wasn't it? I mean our application is quite straightforward too. We received a visa to marry (fiance visa) in October 2011, marred in the six months allotted, applied for FLR(M) on 5 April, did biometrics on 21 April. Sheesh, they already did the biometrics to let me marry her. This should have been a slam dunk. Yet, here we are in our seventh month of waiting.

What is the email address that you managed to find? Is it the one for return of docs?

vicqiang
Newly Registered

Post by vicqiang » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:04 pm

Hi All;

Please advise if there is any confirmation letter should be received after Biometrics enrolled? Thank you!

Here is our timeline:

Date Applied/Docs sent: 06/07/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 19/07/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 02/10/12
Date Biometrics enrolled: 03/10/2012

Date Passport/Docs received:
Result & VISA stamped:
Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: PSW

LE80
Newly Registered

Post by LE80 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:52 pm

backagain wrote:
LE80, that was pretty risky approach wasn't it? I mean our application is quite straightforward too. We received a visa to marry (fiance visa) in October 2011, marred in the six months allotted, applied for FLR(M) on 5 April, did biometrics on 21 April. Sheesh, they already did the biometrics to let me marry her. This should have been a slam dunk. Yet, here we are in our seventh month of waiting.

What is the email address that you managed to find? Is it the one for return of docs?
We didn't use it as a strategy to get the application approved, we were expecting that the application would be cancelled. I said on the form that we didn't want to cancel, but really wanted to travel at the end of this month. We were actually starting to prepare an application for entry clearance from my partner's home country. But instead they returned the docs with the approval letter and it may be that our application was already being dealt with. It's not something I would recommend unless you really are prepared to cancel.

I had been feeling the same frustration as you, it's so horrible to be kept waiting especially when you know there is nothing contentious in your application. I hope yours comes through soon.

Still.Waiting

Re: 09 months and still waiting

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:48 am

habib_motiwala wrote:HI All

Just wanted your advice, I have applied my wife FLRM on 08th Feb 2012 and still have waiting for UKBA decision. I did contact my MP who wrote to UKBA , that my wife is pregnant and soon she wouldn’t be able to fly, UKBA has replied saying that since her situation is considered not to be critical ( parent's ill, or dying), she would had to wait for her turn.

It’s been 9 months now and UKBA is still saying it under progress. Should I go to solicitor or should send an email complain to UKBA or should i continue to way

All your comments and advices are welcome

Time line:
Applied: 08th Feb 2012
Bio metrics: 04th April 2012
going to solicitor wont do you any good as ukba responds to them in the same manner as they respond to us - the applicant
the only thing you could do now is to wait, sadly

kash_hash

hey

Post by kash_hash » Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:43 pm

My timeline:

FLR M applied on 28th February 2012
Acknowledgement letter:06 march 2012
Biometric letter received on 20th March 2012
Biometric completed on 28th March 2012
requested more documents on 13 nov 2012

after a long wait ukba requested more docs "wanted to see more documents which can show me n wife live together and since when you guys living together" now i wanted to ask you guys if you guys can help me out, what documents should i send? council tax letter and bills are on my land lord name, thanks in advance.

Still.Waiting

Re: hey

Post by Still.Waiting » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:01 pm

kash_hash wrote:My timeline:

after a long wait ukba requested more docs "wanted to see more documents which can show me n wife live together and since when you guys living together" now i wanted to ask you guys if you guys can help me out, what documents should i send? council tax letter and bills are on my land lord name, thanks in advance.
Ya send them utilities bills with your names on the same address, lease agreement with both names, council tax statements, both of yours bank statements at some address or joint account's

luckyjinx

Post by luckyjinx » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:21 pm

Hi all,

I came across this page while looking for more info on FLR (M) processing times. I've only read the last 5 pages or so, but noted with interest that someone who applied after me has already gotten their visa back...congratulations of course! But it does seem to make the UKBA into liars for saying that applications are processed strictly in date order. Preaching to the choir, I'm sure...especially since it seems like there are many who applied in the first few months of the year still waiting. What a shambles.

Anyway, here is my timeline:

Date Applied/Docs sent: 04/07/12
Date Received Ack. Letter: 14/07/12
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 05/09/12
Date Biometrics enrolled (Acton, West London): 06/09/2012
Requested husband (sponsor)'s passport back via email: 02/10/12
Received husband's passport: 09/10/2012

Visa From: PSW
Nationality: American

After reading last Friday's article in The Guardian about how MPs find the UKBA to be out of control, I've also sent a letter to my MP to make her aware of the long waiting times and lack of information available to applicants, and to the Independent Chief Inspector of Borders and Immigration, as he will be doing an investigation into the handling of marriage-based visa applications next year (as some may already know).

If you haven't already, perhaps consider writing to Mr Vine with your experiences - even if your FLR (M) visa has already been approved or is approved before the investigation, I assume that many of us will need to make further FLR (M) or ILR/SET (M) applications in future which may be affected by his findings.
http://icinspector.independent.gov.uk/contact/

Best of luck to everyone; I'm hoping that our applications will be processed swiftly and successfully!

kash_hash

Post by kash_hash » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:58 pm

Still.Waiting wrote:

Ya send them utilities bills with your names on the same address, lease agreement with both names, council tax statements, both of yours bank statements at some address or joint account's

thanks for your kind reply, council tax bill, gas, electricity bill are on land lord name so should i write to them this or get some letter from land lord? any suggestion guys :) thanks

crowline

Post by crowline » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:10 pm

kash_hash wrote:
Still.Waiting wrote:

get a letter from your landlord saying you and your wife live @ address and t@ he pays the bills as yr rent is all inclusive. send any other correspondence U have as well. t@s all

thanks for your kind reply, council tax bill, gas, electricity bill are on land lord name so should i write to them this or get some letter from land lord? any suggestion guys :) thanks

Meche83
Newly Registered

Post by Meche83 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:00 pm

Hey Habib_motiwala, you are not alone; I am one of the Fab Applicant,

Applied on 9th of Feb

Bio done on 15th of March.

written to my Mp who refused to assist me, I will be going to meet a solicitor on Friday, all the people I applied with has all gotten theirs and I am left in the dark, I know how you are feeling but Please you have to be strong, don’t loss faith. Our Father in Heaven will answer us soon.

[Time line:
Applied: 09th Feb 2012
Bio metrics: 15 March 2012
UKBA decision: still waiting[/quote]

kiru4u

Post by kiru4u » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Hi all,
I have been following this post from past 3 months after it had been 6 months from the time I had applied for FLR(M). I had applied in March and I had tried to contact UKBA all in vain.

Today I have received my documents back and should be receiving the BRP letter within 10 days... Atlast the long wait has ended. Uffffff..... that was such a huge relief...

Applied: Mar 7th 2012
Acknowledgment received: Mar 10th 2012
Biometric letter : Mar 22th 2012
Enrolled: Mar 25th 2012
Received documents: Nov 13th 2012
BRP letter: waiting!!!!

Regards.
Kiran

neoid33
Newly Registered

Migrants Rights compiling cases to raise official complaint

Post by neoid33 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:53 pm

Hi,
Just got a reply on Migrants Rights Oranisation in UK.
They are looking for cases to raise an official complaint.
You can drop an email to them info@migrantsrights.org.uk
I think they will have a better position to pressure the department directly.
And loop in people that's responsible for this to be answerable.

Fingercross!

neoid
App: 2nd July
Confirm letter: received 9th July
Bio letter: 1st Sep
Biometrics: 1st Sep
Docs received: God knows
Bio card: God knows

tired_of_waiting
Newly Registered

Post by tired_of_waiting » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:02 pm

Meche83 wrote:Hey Habib_motiwala, you are not alone; I am one of the Fab Applicant,

Applied on 9th of Feb

Bio done on 15th of March.

written to my Mp who refused to assist me, I will be going to meet a solicitor on Friday, all the people I applied with has all gotten theirs and I am left in the dark, I know how you are feeling but Please you have to be strong, don’t loss faith. Our Father in Heaven will answer us soon.

[Time line:
Applied: 09th Feb 2012
Bio metrics: 15 March 2012
[/quote]

Got mine today.. Here's da timeline

Applied on. 16 Feb
Bio-metrics. 04 Apr
Bio-card (visa). 14 Nov

Didnt ask me anything!! Got this after 10 months of waiting...

I have got a question... If any 1 can help me with.. For ILR application you have to be living in together for two years.. Since its bin 1 year already living together.. Would i be able to apply next year or i will have to wait till 2014? Thanks for all da help m Good luck to all

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:10 pm

its depends on your spouse visa have a look on your visa when it starts after that date u have to complete two year as per old rules
Do good and get reward

Xiaozhu

Totally awful experience

Post by Xiaozhu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:51 pm

Hi all

I've read your posts with interest and alarm. Our timeline is as follows:

Sent application: 24 August
Application acknowledged: 29 August

And nothing since then. I'm in the process of setting up a UK parliament E petition about these delays, I hope you will all sign it when it's live.

I have been told by an immigration lawyer that one of the reasons for the backlog is that there was a surge in applications before the rule changes relating to IRL were brought in on 9 July. Looks like we may all have had bad luck.

travelerzee

Post by travelerzee » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:05 pm

hi all,

i received a surprise package in the post this evening!! got my docs and a letter saying my BRP will be with me in 7 working days. i cant believe it came so quickly!i was expecting to wait at least a couple more months!

it seems like he UKBA finally started making a dent in the long list of applications!!!

Docs sent: 03/07/12
Application received by UKBA: 04/07/12
Ack. letter: Dated 09/07/12
Requested sponsor's passport for business travel: 13/07/12. Arrived: 25/08/12
Biometrics appt: Post office 28/08/12
Docs from HO: 15 November 2012 (dated 13 Nov)
Biometric Card: waiting
Visa From: Tier1

i know some people have been waiting a LONG time for their visa. i really dont understand how they can say applications are completed in date order. this is clearly NOT the case!

looking through my documents, it seems like the mostly looked at the 'proof of relationship'. all the other docs seemed pretty much untouched!

good luck to everyone!!!

mrsabih
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by mrsabih » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:04 am

congrats bro i think it depends on case aswell or luck
you are lucky aswell you got ur case approved very soon
lets hope for the best for others included me i am new applicant i applied on 19th october 2012
received ackwnoledgement letter on 1st november
other correspondence still waiting....
Do good and get reward

saiful.developer
Newly Registered

partner's passport back

Post by saiful.developer » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:14 am

Hi , i have applied FLR(m) On 1st of July . My husband need his passport back for his job. His employer were asking for his Idefinate leave to remain visa to see .

How we can ask for partner's passpord back ? does it effect my application ?

My husband has a letter from employer that if he failed to show them withim 3 weeks then he will suspended from job .

Any suggestion ..

Thanks ..

my time line as bellow :

Visa Type: FLR(M)
Application Date : 01/07/2012
AcknowledgeMent Letter : 04/07/2012
Biometric submitted : 01/09/2012
Then Nothing happend ...
Still Waiting

crowline

saiful

Post by crowline » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:13 am

fill in return of document request and specify the docs U need back is yr hubbys p.p. they shd then send it to U in a couple days.